Are You the Best Skier on the Mountain--CO Weekend Warrior Big Mountain Comp

I know you've watched ski movies and comp highlights and thought I could do that. Now it's time to prove it. The Weekend Warrior Tour will put on its second annual big mountain comp series Feb 25-26 and March 31-April 1 at Winter Park. There will be over $3000 in cash and prizes available. My buddies at Fortitude Skis (handmade in Arvada, CO) are the main sponsor.

The event will take place on a closed area of the resort and will be followed by a party with free Sierra Nevada beer. Last year everyone had a blast. They are bringing back the Wild Turkey Award for best fall. The event will conclude with a Chinese downhill to add a little spice.

The venue will be staffed by ski patrol and for safety all competitors must wear a helmet and have health insurance.

Additional details and registration information can be found at: http://www.facebook.com/WeekendWarriorTour or http://weekendwarriortour.com/index.asp. Register in advance for a discount.
    Here are some pictures from last year:

And a couple pow shots for good measure:

Last edited by adimmen; 01-23-2012 at 07:44 PM.
    I can't believe you are a rando racer because I look so much better in Lycra than you.

People who don't think the Earth is flat haven't skied Vail.

I'm not the best skier on the mountain. Heck, I'm not the best skier in the car. Still, cool idea.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

YAY!! rumor does have it that Sierra Nevada will be sponsoring the event!
    I'll be signing up, and definitely looking forward to seeing all my friends out there ripping it up.
    Also, the event is an IFSA sanctioned event, so all those ranked point collectors can add onto their FWT points.
    Last edited by HuckSolo; 01-23-2012 at 12:27 PM.

I'll see you out there Huck. Gonna sign up this afternoon (Feb date).

I bet none of those guys are from Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I bet none of those guys are from Detroit.
    Actually I'm pretty sure the guy front flipping and #2 right above that pic. He is from Michigan (maybe not Detroit though)

Those first 4 shots look unpleasant, apparently I have been mis-defining "weekend warrior" for several years now. Is there a Small Mountain Comp being offered as an alternative?

Or barring that, perhaps a competition to see who can get down a gallon of whole milk in under an hour?
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

Haha... compared to that Revy finals venue, I think you could call this a small mountain comp. God, I wish I could have had a shot on that mountain... sick terrain!

I'm certain I could compete strongly for the Wild Turkey Award.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post
    Those first 4 shots look unpleasant, apparently I have been mis-defining "weekend warrior" for several years now. Is there a Small Mountain Comp being offered as an alternative?

Or barring that, perhaps a competition to see who can get down a gallon of whole milk in under an hour?
    Maybe an over 50 catigory is needed for a few of us...I mean, just to keep things real.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Deep View Post
    Maybe an over 50 catigory is needed for a few of us...I mean, just to keep things real.
    Let's go with over 35.

do they have a tail gunner division?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Actually last season there was a Masters division, and there will be again this season. There will be a press release coming shortly about date changes due to conditions. Will post as soon as I see it.

Just registered.. come on local mags! I wanna see some more of you sign up for this!

Didn't compete but watched last year, its a great comp, tons of fun. I'll be skiing this year competing heavily for best fall award.

Got a couple registrants from the thread....keep them coming
    I can't believe you are a rando racer because I look so much better in Lycra than you.

That's like a green circle where I'm from.
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

The February event has been canceled due to low snow conditions and all entrants have been moved to March. They may open an April date if there's interest.

http://www.facebook.com/WeekendWarri...74665445896239

Quote Originally Posted by adimmen View Post

that is awesome
    Ski more blog less - Foggy Goggles