Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Bump for a question on this

If I use this method to do a rebake, you all think that I should use some kind of toe cap when there is already plenty of room for my toes to wiggle?

No

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    No
    Sweet! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I decided to just try the microwave method -- really fast and easy, compared with oven-molding Intuitions. Got some wrinkles in the leather around the ankles, so re-did the liners. Still some wrinkles but I'll ski them and see what happens.
    Isn't that a contradictory statement? I haven't read the whole thread, but the oven takes like 10 minutes with a bit of foil on top. Easy peasy. I would thing the microwave would be more prone to breaking down the integrity (and number of molds) of the liner.

Molding Intuitions with hot water. It works

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Isn't that a contradictory statement? I haven't read the whole thread, but the oven takes like 10 minutes with a bit of foil on top. Easy peasy. I would thing the microwave would be more prone to breaking down the integrity (and number of molds) of the liner.
    He's talking about zipfits, not intuitions. Totally different. Zipfit actually recommends using the microwave. But yeah, don't nuke your intuitions.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    He's talking about zipfits, not intuitions. Totally different. Zipfit actually recommends using the microwave. But yeah, don't nuke your intuitions.
    Ahhh, my bad. Seemed like a bad idea for intuitions.
    Last edited by 3PinGrin; 01-12-2017 at 09:35 PM.

Just a personal perspective, but I tried the boiling water/turkey bag method last night on some new Intution liners. I was not impressed because they just didn't get hot enough and it took nearly as long as my usual method which is to place them on a cookie sheet (foil underneath and laid over the top) in the oven at 230F for 10 minutes. Perfect.

Tip, if you have a hard time getting hot liners in a boot after heating in the oven, slip them in a plastic grocery bag first and they typically slide right in.

Bump, may try this. Just got new Intuition liners, used the rice method, but need to redo it. Wondering if this would be easier.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy