Valdez Heli Camps... Still Alive?

If any AKers see this, hope you can help...

Me and some buddies are planning a trip to AK this spring to hop in a heli and shred. We're really excited, but the outfit we want to go through, Valdez Heli Camps, isn't answering phone calls or emails. In fact their voicemail is full, can't even leave a message.

They originally had the Costco deal up, but now it's gone. We're more than down for the 25k punchcard but I'm not sending $1250 over to them unless they can at least SEEM like a real business.

I know Valdez has been getting pounded with snow, but it's been like this since before Christmas. Does anyone know what's up with them? Are they still in business? Do they take the month of Jan off?

Thanks.

Dude- that Costco deal was a total shit show...
    imz-design
    industrial design • new product development
    http://www.imz-design.com/

You would ne better off going to h2o.

Have heard from several they are no longer in business. No longer in town at the restaurant / bar grill they had either.

Bummer

Quote Originally Posted by PointsNorth View Post
    Have heard from several they are no longer in business. No longer in town at the restaurant / bar grill they had either.

Bummer
    Total Bummer, and yeah, the Costco deal seemed like a shitshow, but they did offer 25k vert for $1250...

anyways, think we found a replacement outfit, thanks guys

This article from 10/11 claims:

Aaron Ollivier, (New) Owner
    Valdez Heli Experience (formerly Valdez Heli Camps) http://valdezheliexperience.com/

http://heliski.com/heli-skiing-canad...a-heli-skiing/

The whole article is worth a read for the lulz.

Aaron Ollivier, despite the article, does not own VHC. I got an email from him stating he tried to purchase it from matt - but the deal fell through - so he opened up his own operation near anchorage for now, hoping to get into the 'dez terrain in 2013.

VHC is **NOT** running. They have not renewed their license with the state, nor updated their operating permit for 2012. Matt white has been MIA from the parks commission since late 2010 (yet that bastard still took our money and reservation for this year)

I had a trip booked with them since last year for Feb. 2012 and am currently in the midst of a battle to get a refund back throug hmy credit card company.

From digging around, I have found out that Matt White left town last year when he lost his bar/restaurant. No one in the 'dez can say for sure exactly what is going on with VHC right now, because it appears people are still lurking around their operation. Someone apparently shoveled snow out of their egan street office yesterday......but even if they do plan on running this year - they currently have no license or permit to do so.

*PLEASE DO NOT SEND THIS PLACE ANY MONEY* It is *NOT* legit. Go with VHSG, PNH or H20 if you're looking to get airborne in the pass.

Wow, somebody should relay that message to our local radio station who is promoting a contest to win a heli-trip for two with Valdez Heli Camps. Might be kinda disappointing to whoever wins.

I did the Costco deal with them and they cancelled our trip last minute last April. Costco refunded us the airfare and we were told they would honor it this year. I tried for months to contact them and called Costco last week and they refunded me in full. It was great 2 years ago but I had a feeling it wouldn't last.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Yeah I'm not sure who is paying for their radio ad, or their website hosting, or footing the bill for the phone line with the filled voicemail - but despite that, they aren't offering anything in the way of heli skiing.

Also, as further confirmation, I found an accounts receivable document from the city of valdez which discloses debts they wrote off in 2011, which includes two lines for Matt White. If a city/government body/tax man is writing off your debt, its quite clear that you have absolutely no money or ability to pay since in a bankruptcy situation, the tax man is *always* first in line to collect.

http://www.ci.valdez.ak.us/clerk/Age...ts/REPORT1.pdf

Yep. No answer. If anybody hears anything please post.

Bought a $5000 punch card with them. Used $500 for the cat due to weather. Ouch.

Has anybody tried 907-783-3243 ?????
    fax 907-783-3513 ?????

Go here; http://www.arlinc.com/index.html You wont be disappointed.

I heard third hand so take this with a grain of salt that the heli owner pulled the bird for non payment in mid April with skiers on the pad at their compound. If you bought the punchcards from Costco they will give you your money back. If direct from VHC it doesn't seem encouraging.

I just won a free day of Heli or CAT skiing with VHC.....!!!!! WTF!!! Any ideas on who would offer me a two for one in Valdez for a day of CAT skiing??

[QUOTE=smthgfshy;3567938]I just won a free day of Heli or CAT skiing with VHC.....!!!!! WTF!!! Any ideas on who would offer me a two for one in Valdez for a day of CAT skiing??[/QUOTE

That sucks. I would inform whomever gave you the tickets what is going on with them. Maybe they will give you something in lieu of the skiing.

all that sucks. it is not good business for none of the heli operators in valdez. people had similar but fortunately somehow solved issues with ABA last season. be careful with whom you sign and what guarantees you get. VHSG just invested in a huge lodge, Rendez Vous were always serious and so were H20. VHC always had a cheap commercial image and ABA was never perceived as fully professional. the best will stay. it is an amazing terrain.
    COURAGE: when "fuck this shit" is bigger than "I have a bad feeling about this"

VHC will not open for this season.

Too bad, hopefully Matt will be able have the/an operation going next year. Matt's a good dude.
    Ski more blog less - Foggy Goggles

Got a general email from Matt yesterday. Saying he would try to reorganize for next year and honor his commitments and that he will leave the email open in the mean time.

Thumbs down Joke of an operation

VHC is a joke of an operation. They have no problem bad mouthing other operations to try and look better. It was only a matter of time before they closed operations. Sorry to those who prepaid for this season, and good luck ever seeing your money again. Bummer.

We have been steering people away from VHC for ten years. Don't even think about it.
    Plenty of good choices for AK heliskiing.
    tj
    HELISKI.com