Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Vulcan ftw! Finally can get rid of the bdel factors. Good boot the soles and walk mechanism just eat it.
    I love my family. Kids are the best.
    http://www.praxisskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by skiitsbetter View Post
    Cheaper DyNa might equal TLT5 without flexzone, (also without powerstrap and tongue). Cool!
    Anyone have experience skiing the DyNA in real skiing, not rando racing situations? Wonder how it does without the flekstunga.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Looks like I'll be selling my Titan ULs next year and getting the Vulcan!!!

(a) last size? (ie width)

(b) BSL at 27/27.5?

Praying for 100/315.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Now I totally wish I registered my username as flextunga...

Quote Originally Posted by khyber.pass View Post
    (a) last size? (ie width)

(b) BSL at 27/27.5?

Praying for 100/315.
    pretty sure its pretty short (~300 @ 27.5) like the TLT5
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

That would make the most sense, my 27,5 factors are 318. I'm prepared for a remount next year...
    If you're being rad and nobody's around to see it, are you really being rad?

www.simonblide.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    pretty sure its pretty short (~300 @ 27.5) like the TLT5
    These are said to fit in regular step-in bindings, so wouldn't they end up longer as a result?

Khyber, why the 100mm last? Even if it's 98, punch it out! It seems to me that you weren't a fan of the 100mm last on the Quadrant, though it was larger than that in a 27.5
    I hope this thing fits me too, I'm due for some touring boots.

Vulcan protos won't be avail in Noram till around March/April fyi. Until then please keep asking questions although it's also useful to put in the wildsnow thread. Of course, more will be answered in SIA. I'll pull stuff out of the workbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Khyber, why the 100mm last? Even if it's 98, punch it out! It seems to me that you weren't a fan of the 100mm last on the Quadrant, though it was larger than that in a 27.5
    I hope this thing fits me too, I'm due for some touring boots.
    AT boot last numbers are worthless in my experience. I'm happy in my 98-lasted alpine boots, but my "super-wide" Maestrales smash my toes, while I was swimming in my similarly-wide Factors. Hopefully the heel pocket is like a vice, there's some toe room, and it just fits properly all the way through. Only one way to find out.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Hey LeeLau you going to SIA?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Hey LeeLau you going to SIA?
    Nope - I hate those things so avoid them like the plague. Every rep is away though at SIA so I won't even ask for the samples to take shots till after and by then the pictures and more info will be out. No need to jump the guns guys - the Vulcans won't be commercially available till next season anyhow.

bsl in 27.5 is 304mm

the boot skis like a dream, drives pon2oons with ease. touring is nice, almost as nice as TLT5.

I wonder what the performance is vs the Titan

Yow, this is a small 27. If 27.5 is 300 or 304mm, what's the next size up? Does it size-up every 8mm or 10mm?

As for last, I'd be down with 98. Just hoping no bigger than 100.

Quadrants are really 102-104mm last. I can't wait to move on from that boot --- not because of performance but because of lack of fit. It's far too big.

As usual I am in-between sizes. The Titan Ultralight is either 312mm or 322mm --- close, but 315mm, like an alpine design, is money.

Thinking of grabbing a pair of Titan ULs though and just making them work, as probably better than current situation with the Quadrants (though if you've got wider or more voluminous feets, they are tha' shit).
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Damn those look freaking sweet! Love that Hoji is working with Dynafit, finally someone who can charge and understands what modern skiers are looking for, is designing touring gear.

looking at the side shot - it looks as if the end of the toe is pretty even with the "duckbill" part of the boot so i can see where they made up the 1cm or so of outside BSL. Might make for a nice touring pivot to get it "tucked in" a little from current replaceable outsole designs like the factor.

by my supereyeball, the side shot on Lou's page has the tech fitting pivot point behind the end of the toe of the boot, while on the factor the pivot is forward a bit. maybe only 5mm or so, but that's how I see it. On my mega's, the pivot is basically flush with the end of the toe box.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

The BSL matches up with the TLT5 pretty well and people were having to upsize the TLT5 frequently (I did). Having the boot a size off on the label lets one shave a few more grams off the stated weight for a given "size."

i would not recommend upsizing the vulcan shell.

i will be posting my .02 on the fit here shortly.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Nope - I hate those things so avoid them like the plague. Every rep is away though at SIA so I won't even ask for the samples to take shots till after and by then the pictures and more info will be out. No need to jump the guns guys - the Vulcans won't be commercially available till next season anyhow.
    Talk to Hoji. He had a pair on the other day. I'm sure he'd let you snap a couple shots.

Last is supposed to be 103 according to randosteve in the comments over on TetonAT.

http://www.tetonat.com/2012/01/18/de...g3/#more-24981

they might measure 103mm at the metatarsals, but they do not fit like a 103mm last alpine boot in any way.

i would just off the cuff say they fit much more like a tecnica agent 98mm last through the ankle, heel, cuff etc.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

That sounds good for me.

Fit like the TLT5?

My Mobes hate my feet but ski nicely. Titans don't fit me. My TLT5Ps fit me nicely. I wonder if the gain over an intuitioned TLT5P is enough to warrant putting them in the boot quiver replacing the Mobes.