Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    That was 2013 I wounder if they are still losing money.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Meanwhile e and hybrids will be pumped out of the VAG. This concept Tiguan looks interdasting: http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/the-lo...ass-1752134703

So their deadline has come and gone and still nothing.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    I was watching "How it's made Bugatti Veyron" and they said Bugatti was owned by VW. That episode is a few years old but that seems like a $$$ company to own.
    Every Veyron lost money. Halo company.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

--Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

--Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

So should I have the timing belt replaced or not????
    By VW? Yes.

How difficult is it to increase the clearance on an independent suspension vehicle? I saw this one last year and I saw a jetta today with what looked like around a 2" lift. It would be nice to not bottom out and crack my oil pan on every waterbar I come across.

"It's like we're watching a movie... and then suddenly we're acting in it."

Buy a skid plate they are 300$ and easy to instal

http://www.tdiclub.com/

you can find it all in there^^ skid plate, lifting the car, whether to replace the TB or wait till the engine is a boat anchor
    Last edited by XXX-er; 04-21-2016 at 07:54 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

So should I have the timing belt replaced or not????
    Goodwill gesture #1 oughta cover it.

^^^that is why I getting a 40k tube and alignment. And along with what looks like two years to cash in.

I did think about using the service cash on another car. But won't.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Buy a skid plate they are 300$ and easy to install
    Yep, I know. I had an Evolution Import one on http://www.evolutionimport.com/atlas...golf-jetta-iv/ which without a doubt saved the car from more serious injury however after repeated encounters with cavernous pot holes it was touching the oil pan which finally did it in when I hit a cross ditch last summer.

Mine is going back.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by balefulstare View Post
    Yep, I know. I had an Evolution Import one on http://www.evolutionimport.com/atlas...golf-jetta-iv/ which without a doubt saved the car from more serious injury however after repeated encounters with cavernous pot holes it was touching the oil pan which finally did it in when I hit a cross ditch last summer.
    I finaly got an evolution ski plate after kacking the second oil pan which i fortunatley convinced the town they should pay for

the thing with the skid plate is that it amplifys every grounding/hit cuz you really only have 4 " of clearance which isn't really enough for driving on gravle road s up narth

I recently talked to someone who took out the ski plate & oilpan

There was a some defered maintenance beside it was not really a car for the narth ... I sold it to buy a 4x4 pu

I'm finally realizing i've been asking too much of the old wagen and am now using something a little more appropriate for my 4X shenanigans.

Speaking of 4X4's and shenanigans, since VW's emissions debacle I suppose these are on the back burner now for a NA release:

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    Mine is going back.
    Mine too. Fuck VW. I'm done with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    Mine is going back.
    I finaly got an evolution ski plate after kacking the second oil pan which i fortunatley convinced the town they should pay for

the thing with the skid plate is that it amplifys every grounding/hit cuz you really only have 4 " of clearance which isn't really enough for driving on gravle road s up narth

I recently talked to someone who took out the ski plate & oilpan

There was a some defered maintenance beside it was not really a car for the narth ... I sold it to buy a 4x4 pu
    Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    At least VW is going to give you guys some options but yeah fuck them. As much as I liked the diesels I'm glad I stayed wary and bought a trouble free Prius Wagon in 2012 instead of the TDI Wagon. A lot of people are holding onto cars they can't trade or do shit with while this mess gets sorted out and it was as shady and premeditated as anything can get.

4 inches of ground clearance? I didn't realize it was that bad. I wonder what our Prius V has. I was reading this thread in my garage so I measured ground to drain plug on my beater 02 Outback (Baja Turbo Springs + 1/4 inch lift in back) and I have 10.5 inches to the oil pan easy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160308-IMG_5606.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	181118

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    If they offer me an incentive (like a big d discount) Id get a GTI I think. Im going to have to turn it in so up next is a GTI, WRX, M3 (used) maybe a GLI???
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    At least VW is going to give you guys some options but yeah fuck them. As much as I liked the diesels I'm glad I stayed wary and bought a trouble free Prius Wagon in 2012 instead of the TDI Wagon. A lot of people are holding onto cars they can't trade or do shit with while this mess gets sorted out and it was as shady and premeditated as anything can get.

4 inches of ground clearance? ]
    I had a 2001 and a 2002 which I got rid of it 5 yrs ago so I'm well out of VW, it paid off for my time as a road warrior but I wouldn't buy VW TDi now because IMO the MPG numbers don't really add up and if you are unlucky the repairs can off set those numbers, I did like driving my VW TDi, I think Prius is a car for today, just go to any airport and see what is lined up at the cab stand it will be a Prius ... they always drive the cheapest car possible

yup 4 inches, the VW plastic belly pan doesn't make any noise to tell you what you hit but the evolution skid plate sure does, I got noise on road crowns of gravel roads, I got noise from the center of my gravel driveway, I cracked my second oil pan in a pot hole on main st, starting a VW TDi at -30 or 40 was a huge maybe ... not a car for the narth eh?

I did like driving my VW TDi,
    Me too its a fun car to drive.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

^^^^yes it is. I know details are fuzzy, but I heard two years to decide. If that is the case, we will take them, drive it, then trade it in. Based on pre scandal numbers, ours would retain a good amount of value. We have not even fully broken in the motor yet.

2 ways to drive a TDI, you can drive it like ya stole it with the revs always >2000 as a cherman sports sedan that it is OR like some old fuck hypermiling down mainstreet in 5th gear by the time they are doing 30mph which carbons up the engine

Its hard to tell but I think they are going to give me $17,827 for my car. Or I keep it if it can be fixed and get around $7000.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

If you don't already you should start buying lottery tickets

Or I keep it if it can be fixed and get around $7000.
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.