Page 16 of 110 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1427291853.312207.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	809.8 KB 
ID:	165592

Had a blast with my 6 year last Saturday night and Sunday!

Night skiin'...

Last day of Chair 4 at Kirkwood...

Snowsnake gully!

Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

My kids (now 4 and 5) are starting to rip it. 5year old progressed to a forward stance rolling the edges parallel turn this weekend.

4 year old is as aggressive a little girl as I've seen. Skiing fast down the fall line w some parallel and stems.

I'm psyched. Race course video of them if I could f'ing embed it from my phone.....

Killing it with the 4-5 year old crowd!
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    ^^^ with a smaller crop, that's a core dude in remote canyon river...with the current shot it's Daddy making sure thing 1 & 2 don't drop their watermelon on the nasty floor

thing one is thoroughly non-plussed and maybe asleep, and thing two is saying "make sure you get my good side for my FB update!"

love that shot! way to get them outside and happy!

We put my kid (just turned 4) in a 3 week lesson program at Winter Park, and it was money very well spent. We went skiing with her this weekend for the first time since the lesson, and she totally rocked it. Even was making some parallel turns, she definitely knows that if she rolls her ankle and gets on edge, she turns. I am so freaking psyched. Last week she rode a pedal bike for the first time, too.

It's on!

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1430019682.149583.jpg 
Views:	603 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	166550Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1430019699.989394.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	587.5 KB 
ID:	166551Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1430019713.612352.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	607.6 KB 
ID:	166552

My daughters on their birthday hike(2nd year in a row) haha.

Quote Originally Posted by chiller View Post

My daughters on their birthday hike(2nd year in a row) haha.
    Pretty sure you win the thread with this picture! Awesomeness.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 04-26-2015 at 10:23 AM.

Yeah that's pretty darn cute.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Yea twin daughters that love to ski keep me smiling and snapping pics. Here's one more.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1430142106.935960.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	166583

gotta agree, that wins.

Closing out the season with my little ripper this weekend. She has improved by leaps and bounds over the past few weeks (it'll be obvious if you watch the video a few posts up the page, taken a few weeks ago). This video was taken on a harder green run, and she was ripping!

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

My 2 year old decides the riding conditions will be better at the top of the steps:

Lots of Daddy and offspring turns last weekend at Mammoth. Worked on the 'shopping basket' technique (holding a pole in front) with my 3 year old but all she really wanted to do is to ski through puddles...what am I going to say...no? My 6 year old is totally addicted to trail maps and knocking off runs...which now, of course, are black runs. I'm super proud of him as we hit a few black runs, even off-piste, off the top of the gondola. I'm still trying to get him to always keep his hands forward....

Relaxed GS'ing...

Pushing the shopping cart down Broadway...

Stoked to hit Cornice Bowl...

Cornice Bowl was corn goodness in the morning...

His first time down Dave's Run...

Lots of snow maintenance on Sunday led to fresh corn corduroy...

Success!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1430942075.219604.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	810.9 KB 
ID:	166936

The crew for closing day. Whole neighborhood skiing really well. 4-7 year olds. Wish I could figure out how to put in a video off of my phone....

Killing it with the 4-5 year old crowd!

Musical kid stoke.

Young Owen picked up the ukelele last winter. He borrowed one for a few months then we got him a new Suzuki for his birthday.

He opened up for a local band last night.

https://youtu.be/B35ceUyY4xQ

https://youtu.be/uMblsraR5cM

Excellent! That can't be easy getting up there to play in front of everybody. First video, I was pleasantly surprised it was properly filmed (yeah, somebody gets it), then watched the 2nd vid, whats up with the vertical video? C'mon Dad!

Ho'omaika'i 'ana

The 6yr old hit the jumps at the olympic park today. I'm damn proud, takes guts to pint em down the run in the first time!

My five year old on her very first boom footin' run.

Buncha homies at race team meeting...

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1444055781.472540.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	170142

Ready for his first season.

Just found out that my local ski hill doesn't do kid lessons until age 5. My daughter is 3 1/2 and she literally talks about learning to ski every day. Has anyone ever had luck with hitting up an instructor and paying them directly?
    All I want is to be hardcore.

www.tonystreks.com

Quote Originally Posted by hitek79 View Post
    Just found out that my local ski hill doesn't do kid lessons until age 5. My daughter is 3 1/2 and she literally talks about learning to ski every day. Has anyone ever had luck with hitting up an instructor and paying them directly?
    which resort? you'll probably pay dearly for individual lessons. if you're near boulder you should check out Shredders to get her ready for the season. my 3 year old is going to be on the hill this year too if you want to hook up sometime

Quote Originally Posted by hitek79 View Post
    Teach her yourself. It is a blast and you will never regret it. Everybody uses different techniques but take it easy the first day and make it fun. My stepson just walked around on the flats the first day and then went and played video games. My daughter was full on the first day so just play it by ear. Ski backwards in front of them. For both kids their first day of lessons ended up being a private or semi-private because they were way above the skillsets of the other kids and we only put them in so we could ski on vacation. One advantage I have is that the wife always comes skiing with us so we swap off as instructors/solo skiers. One thing I recommend is a good harness http://www.amazon.com/Lucky-Bums-Tra.../dp/B002UC2MQQ You can choose not to use the leashes (as a safety - never to hold them back) or not but the handle is invaluable for loading them onto the lift or hauling them around the parking lot. My other advice and the most important is keep them on flat terrain for as long as possible to keep them from developing a blocking snowplow and always, always insist that they turn - the moment my kids stopped turning we'd stop and do a turn at a standstill and then keep going so they knew going straight wasn't any fun at all since it meant we'd stop. My daughter learned to parallel from the start and only learned to snowplow much later from watching other kids so she uses the technique sparingly.

On another note my little butterfly is stoked for the ski season. She 'watched' three ski movies last night but mostly she just digs dancing to the music.

Last edited by uglymoney; 11-04-2015 at 08:39 PM.