Page 135 of 884 FirstFirst ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 22078
    Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    Anybody here know of any open rooms in Missoula that aren't posted on craigslist or willing to give me an extra hand in getting it? I've been trying to rent a room for 3 weeks using craigslist by August 1st(grad school start date) and have no luck so far. Everyone stops talking to me after they find out I'm not in town. I think I'll have to camp for a few days outside of town trying to get a room, does anybody have recommendations for free campgrounds, preferably with shade?
    Probably the most convenient free camping you will find is to head northeast from Missoula up Highway 200 (Blackfoot River) a few miles and go north on Twin Creek Road or Gold Creek. After a couple miles on either road you will hit National Forest land where you can camp free. In town, if you want to pay and take a shower, there is a KOA off Reserve Street that has tent sites. I don't have a line on a room, sorry.

Voila!

That Blackhawk just showed up again.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Yeah, saw it fly in on Sunday from JH where it is also doing life construction. Then watched it haul mud the last 2 days to the Lone Peak side.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Found a place lease starts on the first but i've been crashing the couch for a couple of nights in the living room. Pretty cheap rent too, $420 a month. I hiked Lolo peak today, adjacent peaks on the Bitterroots seem to have some decent spring lines.

When do the adult season pass prices rise for snowbowl from $582? Or better yet, can somebody hook me up with a second adult season pass($528)?

Hey dumb shit learn your geography.

Your linkys no workee.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by bunion View Post
    Your linkys no workee.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...rchid=11517872
    Idk what's up with the thread search, but if this doesn't work search "missoula" or "snowbowl" in "search thread" and you will get 20+ hits for both!

Yeah that doesn't work either. But, sorry, I have no pull or hookups at Snowbowl. You should PM Creakyfossil. Or Rontele.

Oh so you do realize that Snowbowl/Missy has its own thread.

Sort of has its own thread. Rasputin let it get hijacked by Creaky dumbass and most Missoula mags stopped posting there. Snowbowl could use a real thread IMO. It is a worthy area.

The internet, how does it work?

http://www.montanasnowbowl.com/season-passes-2/

price goes up 11/8

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    The internet, how does it work?

http://www.montanasnowbowl.com/season-passes-2/

price goes up 11/8
    Thanks I saw that, but it's last years information... So is it basically impossible to become a 2nd+ adult if you're not a family? Anyway I'll post in the "right" thread soon.

Who's got some beta on the best bet for August turns in sw Montana right now?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0967.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	186221
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0968.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	186220  

PSA: Sky Cards are now available for $79 if purchased before 9/30/16. There's a lot of Facebook grumbling about the last week no longer being free, just discounted. But regardless, if you're coming from out of state, one of the best reasons to buy a Sky Card is to get a significant discount on Boyne lodging. Anyway, here's the info:

Sky Card holders save $30 on their all-terrain Big Sky Resort lift ticket at full window rate on the day of purchase. Discount not applicable to half day ticket or online ticket pricing. Lift ticket valid for Sky Card holder only.

Big Sky Resort window lift tickets will vary in price by date throughout the winter season. Adult window ticket rates will range from $89 to $129 per day. Junior, Senior, College from $69-$109 per day. Youth from $49-$79 per day. The $30 Sky Card discount will be taken off of the window rate for that day.

Select Free Days

Sky Card Free Dates: Ski all of Big Sky Resort's open terrain from Monday 11/28/16 through Sunday 12/4/16

Deeper Discount Days

Sky Card exclusive lift ticket rates:
    -$29 adult, $19 senior/junior/college, $9 youth.

Dates:
    -Monday 12/5/16 through Sunday 12/11/16
    -Saturday 4/8/17 through Friday 4/14/17

Sky Card exclusive lift ticket rates:
    -$59 adult, $39 senior/junior/college, $19 youth.

Dates:
    -Thursday 11/24/16 - Sunday 11/27/2016
    -Saturday 4/15/17 (Pond Skim)- Sunday 4/16/17 (Closing Day).

-Additional discounted days will be added throughout the season, PLEASE make sure that you have provided at time of sale an accurate email address and have updated your settings to receive emails sent from the resort (if you have unsubscribed you will not receive any email communication. Click here to update your settings and preferences).

Please add 3% resort tax to all prices.

Sky Card Benefits
    •Exclusive lodging discounts available, restrictions apply. Contact Big Sky Central Reservations for details at (800) 548-4486.
    •Sky Card holders save 25% on adult group ski and snowboard lessons any Saturday, all season.
    •Cardholders save 10% on purchases made at Big Sky Resort owned retail outlets.

More Details

Sky Cards for the 16/17 season are not available for purchase after November 23rd, 2016.

The Sky Card is non-transferable and non-refundable.

Sky Card holders must get their daily lift ticket at the window. Sky Card is not direct to lift. Multi-day tickets are not available for purchase with the Sky Card.

Sky Cards will be mailed out starting in September. Most guests will receive their Sky Card before November 15, 2016. If you do not receive your card, Mountain Services will reprint your card in the Snowcrest building upon your arrival. Sky Cards purchased after October 31, 2016 will be printed and available for pick up in the Mountain Village Mountain Services office during normal business hours after November 16, 2016.

Yep new sky card sux for the working dirtbag. Generally open a week or so later than everyone else in the area. Old sky card was kind of an employee/townie party for the rest of us and we spent a LOT on f/b and lodging. Big Sky probably got sick of that crowd, even though nothing really filled up--it's not like Montanans were taking some big spender's slot at the Huntley.
    Free first week is useless as lots of places are open by then, generally with better snow.
    Don't know what the rest of the towns are doing but word is here nobody's gonna get one.
    Wife really liked partying there end of season but my heart won't be broken if we gotta hit Bird or Targhee again instead. You can get as good or better deal with a phone call, which doesn't cost $79.
    I agree though that if yer from MLPS or CHI it makes sense for mid season lodge discount.

This may deserve its own thread but for now.

BIG SKY — Big Sky Resort’s parent company Boyne Resorts announced Wednesday it plans $150 million in improvements to the mountain and unveiled its 10-year plan for the ski area and surrounding community.

The Big Sky 2025 plan involves the upgrade, replacement or addition of 12 lifts — including a 10-person gondola — as well as incorporating night skiing and building a new hotel complex.

“We’ve been investing here, working with the team and local community to create a destination that is a world-class destination,” said Stephen Kircher, president of Boyne Resorts’ eastern operations. “It’s an exciting moment.”

Kircher broke the plan down into near-, mid- and long-term improvements.

In the near-term, Boyne, which owns more than a dozen resorts across the U.S., including Sugarloaf in Maine and Brighton in Utah, plans to “re-concept” several restaurants on the mountain. The resort recently upgraded its Ramcharger lift to allow for summer travel, and opened a new restaurant, Everett’s 8800, at the top.

Earlier this year, the resort also invested $9 million on two lifts — a six-person, high-speed chair that will replace the Lone Peak Triple, and a conveyor-loaded triple that will replace the 28-year-old Challenger, which closed midway through last season. The lifts are expected to open in time for Thanksgiving weekend.

Beginning this season, Big Sky will move to a dynamic ticket pricing system, Kircher said. Similar to airline tickets, day pass prices will range from $89 to $129 based on holidays and how far in advance they are purchased.

Much of the mid- and long-term investments will center on upgrading the mountain’s infrastructure to handle the 650,000 annual visitors predicted in 2025. The resort has plans for new parking lots, a gondola that will run from the base, a new lift that will take skiers and snowboarders up the south side of Lone Peak, as well as a hotel where the tennis courts are currently located, Kircher said.

The Lone Peak Tram will also need an upgrade or replacement by the end of the 10-year period, he added.

“This is about making Big Sky not just bigger but making Big Sky better,” he said. “We want to build this infrastructure for the future.”

Boyne will also help “guide” future investment in the Big Sky community, Kircher said, which includes adding employee housing and encouraging direct flights into Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport.

“We’ve had this relationship with southwest Montana, the Big Sky community and Bozeman; this symbiotic relationship we think is important,” he said. “We’re aware that this is a critical part of the future of Big Sky. We need to be looking at making it livable and affordable to all the people who need to be a part of this resort experience.”

Much of the improvement will be funded by resort revenues. Big Sky has added $10 to $15 million in annual earnings since its merger with Moonlight Basin and Spanish Peaks in 2013, Kircher said.

The resort also plans to continue to grow its summer and shoulder season activities, including improving its mountain biking trail system.

“We have amazing natural strengths in this part of Montana that we are hoping to build upon, and we have a maturing sense of community here,” Kircher said. “We really think this plan is going to develop into something that is best in class when it’s done.”
    http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com...e894ea3b7.html

Sounds reasonable enough for Boyne. Isn't the old business maxim, "If you're not growing you're dying"? The terrain remains the same, though. No expansion noted.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Sounds reasonable enough for Boyne. Isn't the old business maxim, "If you're not growing you're dying"? The terrain remains the same, though. No expansion noted.
    No place to expand to. What is available for skiing pretty much has been put on the map except for the terrain to the west of Horseshoe and that terrain is pretty meh. Lots more room between the existing trail if that's what they are into. The lift upgrades are needed though.

I saw this in another press release.

A new lift at the base of the Moonlight terrain is planned, creating the longest lift-served vertical drop in the U.S. at more than 4,500 feet.
    If this comes to fruition it will indeed be one of the longest ski runs of your life.

I do chuckle at the night skiing off of Ramcharger. When I started at the Really Big in 1992 there was night skiing off of Ramcharger. It was a cold and miserable ghost town that we all hated to have to work. There were high 5s all around when JK took down the lights and sent them to Brighton.
    Last edited by bunion; 08-24-2016 at 09:58 PM.

Yeah, companies lose all the people who remember the dumb ideas they tried, so then they try them all over again. Seen that happen many times.

There are a whole bunch of folks still working there that have been through this or heard these ideas before.

It is what it is and I hope it all works out for the best. Lone Mountain as a ski area is still a pretty unique place.

Well a second lift out of the base area, gaining redundancy on Swifty seems smart to me. Once the gonjola burned, it hasn't been replaced and that's been a glaring weakness for some time, right? When I first heard the Triple was being replaced by a high speed six pack detachable, I thought that was hysterical as it all depends on Swifty to get all these people up from the base area and then jams them into the tram line at high speed! Yeah great idea! LOL.

What's this South Lone Peak lift? Where would it go, back by Dakota or something? And upgrading/replacing the Tram - just bigger buckets, or will they need entirely new base and summit stations?

I suppose I've been ignorant, hadn't read this thread since my exodus for work back to CA so the first I knew of it (and Challenger's breakdown) was when BS posted the pics of the Blackhawk placing the concrete and lift towers on Facebook. Really curious about the lift expansion plans, wish the Comical's article went more in-depth.

More details here:

http://bigsky2025.com/