Page 65 of 891 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 22259
    For sure man!
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Tone, please douche your box.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

word to trumans! (pics from 6/9)

meanwhile, on the other side

long live the jahrator

Heads Up.. DUI & drug checkpoints in the Gallatin Canyon, from West to Four Courners. Sounds like they got funding to keep it going for a while..

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone;4263556
    The foothills are alive!

[IMG
    http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m456/anthonyjamessaracelli/anthonyjamessaracelli029/DSC04005_zpsf5296740.jpg~original[/IMG]

But there is still some snow in them hills.

Not too shabby of a tag to send off an epic season though, I was stoked.

Yep stokeworthy for sure.

What's up kiddo, long time...

Quote Originally Posted by soulturn View Post
    Heads Up.. DUI & drug checkpoints in the Gallatin Canyon, from West to Four Courners. Sounds like they got funding to keep it going for a while..
    Are these running all the time or just on weekends/holiday?

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    Saw the Park Circus clowns set up stopping north bound traffic at the Fawn Pass trailhead last weekend. They do it every year around July 4th- a big fancy trailer with the letters "DUI" on the side set up and dogs sniffing everybody's cars. I've heard tales of on-the-spot blood tests from a slightly paranoid source.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubadub View Post
    Are these running all the time or just on weekends/holiday?

Not sure. But I know its not the park cops, its the state troopers. Just be safe out there..

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Inbound for a wedding in 2 weeks. Golf at Old Works and sounds like a taxi back and forth from the hotel to Petite Chateu

Wife is going to be riding the bike while I golf if anyone wants to show her around. We didn't ride much when we lived in MT. She'll beat you on the up.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Not sure. But I know its not the park cops, its the state troopers. Just be safe out there..
    I was wondering what was up with all the highway patrolmen lately. Don't know why they're hanging out on non-highway roads too, like by the Town Center, but I guess that's why.

I know of somebody who got picked up for dui in the area just the other week. When the husband went to go bail her out, they arrested him too! Take it easy out there, folks. Popo ain't playing around. With Brewfest next week, I better chill out a couple hours afterward before even thinking about heading home.

^^^bike or cab
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    ^^^bike or cab
    Biking down back down from the resort with traffic whilst inebriated might be even more dangerous than driving. Haha. Definitely do not advocate driving while intoxicated tho. Can't risk losing my CDL. Will likely be carpooling with a DD instead.

thinking about skiing Bridger for mid jan to mid march next winter (early and late season at home in CND rockies)

1) good time to come? not worried about cold. I'm from banff.

2) any accom avail for 2 months? would be skiing bridger, and using the up my extra/bonus days on the http://www.powderalliance.com/ pass, so only around bozeman for 1/2 my time anyways.

3) anyother suggestions?

That's the heart of the season, you're gonna have a blast.

You might want to sample other areas, so consider investing in a Frequent Sky Card at Big Sky before September 30 ($69) because it gets you $20 off any day pass, plus half price lodging should you decide to crash at the Huntley or Whitewater for a night. (Not that I'm biased toward Big Sky or anything.)

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    You might want to sample other areas, so consider investing in a Frequent Sky Card at Big Sky before September 30 ($69) because it gets you $20 off any day pass, plus half price lodging should you decide to crash at the Huntley or Whitewater for a night. (Not that I'm biased toward Big Sky or anything.)
    So by day #4 it starts saving you money? ya, might have to get that too.

Hoping to expore a lot, with the PA pass that gets me 3 free days at a bunch of other places too.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Biking down back down from the resort with traffic whilst inebriated might be even more dangerous than driving. Haha. Definitely do not advocate driving while intoxicated tho. Can't risk losing my CDL. Will likely be carpooling with a DD instead.
    Just bike down Low Dog/The Poop Chute (original dirt road from the Mountain Village to the Meadow Village). I do it several times a week during the summer months.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

just checking in after a while....Can't seem to delete my messages. Anyone know how to do that on the new boards? What up Eric, hope all is well for you man, just keepin busy doing Gods work out here. I often recollect your invaluable guidance in the way of the ski bum hedonist. Bless you, Obi Wan.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Mntlion pm sent.

I was wondering what was up with all the highway patrolmen lately. Don't know why they're hanging out on non-highway roads too, like by the Town Center, but I guess that's why.

I know of somebody who got picked up for dui in the area just the other week. When the husband went to go bail her out, they arrested him too! Take it easy out there, folks. Popo ain't playing around. With Brewfest next week, I better chill out a couple hours afterward before even thinking about heading home.
    The HiPo and Sheriff were out in force on monday in Park County. All over the place! Seems to be that way, to lesser extent, here in town. Shitty to hear about the checkpoints - I was looking to head to Big Sky Brewfest this weekend. Now? Probably not. How much longer at the checkpoints supposed to last?

In related news, did I remember right in thinking that HiPo/Sheriff/et al must announce such checkpoints in advance? If so, where might our area's 'finest' do such a thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post

Hoping to expore a lot, with the PA pass that gets me 3 free days at a bunch of other places too.
    mntlion; drop a line when you hit town this winter and we'll do some skiing. Much to explore and shred around here.

Here's the skinny on the Sky Card benefits. Some free weeks and discounted weeks, in addition to the $20 per day discount. Just depends on what dates you'll be around.

•Sky Card holders save $20 on a Big Sky Resort lift ticket at regular season window rate, good for all of Big Sky Resort's chairlifts. Not applicable to half day, early season, or promotional lift ticket pricing. Lift ticket valid for Sky Card holder only.
    •Free Dates for Sky Card: Ski all of Big Sky Resort's open terrain from December 1 - 7, 2014, and April 13- 19, 2015.
    •NEW $49/$39/$19 Dates: November 27 - 30, 2014, December 8 - 19, 2014, January 5 - 11, 2015, April 6 - 12, 2015.

in general, if BS gets snow, does bridger get snow? Similar amounts, and timeframes? or are they in 100% different weather patterns?

in general, if BS gets snow, does bridger get snow? Similar amounts, and timeframes? or are they in 100% different weather patterns?
    100 percent different weather patterns.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quite different. If you check out their locations on Google Map, you'll see that Bridger tends to get more affected by cold Canadian air masses that get trapped and roll over on the Bridgers; better known as the Bridger Bowl Cloud. Big Sky tends to benefit from a more westerly or southwesterly flow. Often, when the Tetons or Wasatch get snow, Big Sky gets the northern end of those system. And then of course, due to its size, Lone Peak can often generate its own weather, with small systems leaving a few inches here and there.

In other news, any of you busters hitting up the Brew Fest at Big Sky tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    In other news, any of you busters hitting up the Brew Fest at Big Sky tomorrow?
    Might head up for some biking/brewfest action. Never done BS liftserved and would like to check it out.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."