Page 62 of 884 FirstFirst ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 22099
    Those are some rad shots tonecapone.. any chance the sequence shot is of Matt S?
    long live the jahrator

Yeehaw! Noice lines, man.

Yeah that's the hippie, takin it from the top! Just wish I remembered the camera on more great days from this exceptional season, all such a blur but ya know how that goes...Might be a lil gimpy for a bit after a bad turn last Wednesday but ya know how that goes too...Hopefully only a short stint in the penalty box. Carry on, degenerates!

Last edited by tone capone; 03-24-2014 at 10:10 PM.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

So far every rumor I have posted in this thread has more or less come true, so here is another one.

Big Sky will extend the season an extra 2 weeks. Limited lifts open and no season passes, reduced price day tickets only. Heard from a guy who would know (dept head for Boyne corporate). Unless he was trolling me, I am pretty gullible... He did start the conversation "hey Harry, did you hear the latest rumor ?"
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

It would be interesting to see if they use that ploy to push next years season pass purchases as in, your 13/14 pass isn't valid but your new 14/15 pass will get you access.

OTOH, speaking with many of the employees from Big Sky/Moonlight in many different departments (because I do know a few who have never worn a cross), they are ready to put this season in the books.
    Last edited by Bunion; 04-02-2014 at 11:21 AM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

thats wack. is it still 4/20 or what? bridger got an extra week.
    long live the jahrator

I'd be surprised if that rumor proves true. Corporations are rarely capable of turning on a dime like that--too many factors in play. But if it's true, I'll get my pass and keep on going if they're getting dumped on...

Quote Originally Posted by totaliboard View Post
    thats wack. is it still 4/20 or what? bridger got an extra week.
    I feel like 420 is fitting and appropriate.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

The extendo-skiing, but this year's pass ain't good but next year's is honored thing, that's a tactic that's been employed for a couple years at Crystal in WA, another Boyne op. So that's where they got the idea.

Funny thing is I recall lady Kircher (she's like the head patroller there) getting all defensive about it in an xtal thread or on their FB page back when they started this. Can't remember what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    The extendo-skiing, but this year's pass ain't good but next year's is honored thing, that's a tactic that's been employed for a couple years at Crystal in WA, another Boyne op. So that's where they got the idea.
    Just conjecture at this point

Damn ... I leave this thread for a while and see what a fantastic season we've been having verified in some epic stoke. Love it.

Finally got out to Big Sky on Sunday. It was nice and not crowded, despite the full lots. No tram as Bunion and Gripen pointed out - fucking gong show. Bunion hinted at it, but it seems that Big Sky is finally on the map. The tourist traffic seems to be noticeably more than any other year I've lived here. And it never fails - any day I'm up at BS, I hear at least two different groups discussing about hitting the tram and how extreme it is. It was bound to happen.

After Sunday, I don't know if I'm ready for the season to end. It's been too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    And it never fails - any day I'm up at BS, I hear at least two different groups discussing about hitting the tram and how extreme it is.
    Don't worry, it's the 'locals' too. Have seen so many 'expert' skiers in the Little..and Donkey Slot..and TU... just show up with pack and fat skis and you're in. Doesn't matter if you stop above and in a constriction, kick a ski, or tomahawk, you're still sick!! Epic, bro!! While it is actually really cool so many people have gotten into all these spots, the amount of plain GAPING going on by many individuals ('locals', dirtbags, and Texans alike) degrades the quality and stature of some really sick lines. Sorry for ranting, I've been having fun I swear.
    I think the potato gun proved the stability.

2 years ago, they were open on 420. it was a shit show. lets just say this, i was puking under ramcharger. right by the halfpipe (amongst other locations/lifts on the mtn). good times.
    long live the jahrator

It was pretty flipping good today, just saying.

Thumbs up

The pow seems to have mysterious healing properties.

"The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by Leftyt View Post
    It was pretty flipping good today, just saying.
    Dood! You're back in the area!?

great pics, tone!
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

Yeah, I wish it was for longer only had a couple days to work with. It was pretty good at Big Sky and Bridger on the 1st and 2nd. Three forks was really good. Should have called but I didn't want to slow anyone down with my Indiana cardo.

Nice stuff fellas!

Very nice, I'd love to catch that on a good day^^^. Hopefully many more to come this second season!

Bye bye pow, for now...It's been alot of fun skiin around with all you depraved heathens, the good times have been in full swing for as long as I can ever remember... But seriously, it's takin it's toll. I could use a bit of a high pressure reprieve right now, a little half time interlude if you will. I wanna be in top form for Bridger Bowl Appreciation Week down yonder canyon

damn man, i think i know where that is. but not really exactly. and it looks fuckin tits.

navigating cornices has not gotten any easier. its actually getting worse.

everyones seen the wolverine
    long live the jahrator

I'll be rolling through the 406 next week, let it snow!
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by bushman View Post
    I'll be rolling through the 406 next week, let it snow!
    its gonna be 60 degrees and sunny. Bring the corn skis.

Goggle tan it is.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.