Page 153 of 891 FirstFirst ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 22263
    Not my photo - saw it on Facebook from local pro photographer Pat Clayton (don't know the rules on what is legal to share so will take this down if this is a breach of protocol). The photo sums up the day nicely.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16904935_10154700943588612_3533706958252413337_o.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	229.7 KB 
ID:	200967

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    Thanks Bunion and all of the amazingly hard working people of the patrol. People were just stoked at how much you got open and appreciate you all working to keep us safe.
    +1 on this. That was an insane amount of snow in a very short time, and we got to play in fun terrain pretty darn quick given that.

Today was definitely on my personal top-five of all time list, and I tapped out early after a ridge run around one had my legs begging for mercy.

This might belong in the Gaper qoutes thread but as we were about to traverse into stupor couloir we had a group of three ski to us and ask which way to go? My friend(who may have had one too many edible) laughs and says " you made it here and don't know where you're going? " we did point them in the right direction

I too was impressed by how chill everyone was today, pretty amazing really. I experienced not a single aggro vibe from anyone at any time. Also impressed by the fact that such a mass of humanity can be managed and kept relatively safe in such a dynamic and hazardous environment. I was also stoked to have a quality assortment of our special brand of degenerates to kick it with throughout the day and just kinda roll with the tide. Sure it was the shitshow of the current millennium but a very well mannered yet entertaining one as far as I observed.

Thanks again Bunion and everyone on the team for taking such good care of us heathens!
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Here we go again! BBC in effect again. We need to all buy some patrollers a beer...

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    Here we go again! BBC in effect again. We need to all buy some patrollers a beer...
    That's awesome about your kid. I know how good it feels when they achieve those skiing milestones. (And also how it feels to be relegated to attending a gymnastics meet on a powder day. ) Have fun out there today ya'll.

Wow. Must've been 50"+ of snow on the nose this morning.

Couple screen grabs from yesterday:

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    That's awesome about your kid. I know how good it feels when they achieve those skiing milestones. (And also how it feels to be relegated to attending a gymnastics meet on a powder day. ) Have fun out there today ya'll.
    Thanks. Yes, seeing your kid start to like skiing is really fun. I feel your pain too for missing powder days because of being relegated to attend other events. We went back today and although the morning was super crowded and my son was tired, he wanted to show some buddies the Fingers. We had four 9-year olds up there and everybody did great. I even found the white room again. Sweeeeet.

Nice shots Ted!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted26 View Post
    Wow. Must've been 50"+ of snow on the nose this morning.

Couple screen grabs from yesterday:

Yeah! Did another nose lap 2day as well. Was still awesome. Even got first into 3 bears low traverse first today. I'm tired as shit after 3 days of awesomeness but I really don't want to go to work 2moro have fun midweeker's . Snowed all day again till at least 4.

Holy shit those pics are sick sick sick.

I got my taxes done and took down the Christmas lights finally.

But by being a good boy I did manage to carve out a couple ski days midweek upcoming that I will greatly enjoy.

Oh wow. Enjoy!!!

It was another wallow to get to routes this morning. 10" at 7:30, 20" by the end of the day at the top of Bridger lift and snowing when I left at 6:00 pm and looks like it could keep up overnight.

Everyone is tired as hell but still smiling, another day of crowds (less than yesterday?)

This is what we were waiting for, enjoy the hell out of it.

Thank dog tomorrow is my Friday and I can go to my real job and get some much needed rest.

WMD.......

Doug? Or just skiing with him today
    Last edited by bunion; 02-26-2017 at 08:49 PM.

Awesome work Bunion. You guys have been doing an incredible job the past couple days.

Hey does anyone know if the Jobs opened today? I never really made it to that side of the hill/forgot to look.

Crazy lineup this morning at the base. Just an ocean of humanity. I think it's accurate to say the pow frenzy can be classified as a from of mental illness. Worst thing I saw was when people were in the way at the top of the poma lift...I felt bad for the patroller as he came in screaming, "you're gonna get hit"!

Man, you guys sure are patient and professional with the huddled masses and and all their hopes and dreams of pow glory. I was thinking on the drive up today how much I love and appreciate all the people who dedicate their life to making the hill happen every day and in every way.

Anyone else use their arms as floatation devices today? It was tits to neck deep on me today in spots with pockets of eyeball deep/over the head by the end of the day in Northwest...I worry about my vertically challenged people out there....How do you do it? I damn near needed a snorkel and a periscope.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Fuck yeah, sounds awesome doods. Post more pictures!!

Tone, I know you don't like my climate change comments, but I want to say that I appreciate the attitude and stoke you bring to this thread, and I'm sure that your positive vibe, shared by so many, helps newcomers understand how lucky we are to have this cool place and great mountain to play on.

As for vertically challenged folks, yeah, it's deep out there. Watching 4 kids between 4' and 4'6" ski the Fingers was awesome. They didn't go very fast, and all crashed at least once, but they were learning to love deep snow and all now understand that deeper is better. So cool. They were light enough that they stayed higher in the snow, and skied slowly enough the snow didn't crest over their heads. I was getting face shots and they weren't.

And looks like it's still coming down up there. Unreal last two days. Bunion, how much more snow until it's too much to safely open the ridge terrain? Assuming it keeps snowing like it has been. You guys really do an incredible job, the whole Bridger community is very lucky.

Looks like I am timing my annual 6 week trip from Scotland to Philipsburg at just the right time!

Thanks for the stoke all winter, it keeps me going.

Quote Originally Posted by snowcatCO View Post
    Bunion, how much more snow until it's too much to safely open the ridge terrain? Assuming it keeps snowing like it has been.
    I am not really the guy to ask. Even though I have 30+ years experience I am just a bit player and don't make those calls.

My take is, as long as stability is good (and right now it is) then there is no reason to close anything. Skiing it up and off is the best medicine.

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	477.6 KB 
ID:	201087

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	514.0 KB 
ID:	201088

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	566.7 KB 
ID:	201089

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	448.7 KB 
ID:	201090

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	556.4 KB 
ID:	201091

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	485.8 KB 
ID:	201092
    Bunch of Daily video screen grabs. Definitely the deepest in years. We'll be talking about this one for a long time. Agree everyone behaved and played nicely with each other. Stoked to play clean up this week.
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

Gaaa.

Quote Originally Posted by Usedatele View Post

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	477.6 KB 
ID:	201087

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	566.7 KB 
ID:	201089

Bunch of Daily video screen grabs. Definitely the deepest in years. We'll be talking about this one for a long time. Agree everyone behaved and played nicely with each other. Stoked to play clean up this week.
    Claiming these two. Twas so good!

This morning was beautiful too. 3-6" more fluff on top with a bluebird sky (for the first run). My best (extended) weekend of skiing in years.

Last hike of the day on Saturday, showed some tyke with his dad over to the midways and blew their minds. The kid was barely tall enough to ski it. Would've been a different story on Sunday.

LOL

I gotta say all those pictures are awesome. Holy fucking powder event of a lifetime.