Page 84 of 891 FirstFirst ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 22261
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    The place is the exact opposite of Lone Mountain
    its true. ive never been cliffed out at big sky. or even gotten lost really. its apples and oranges.
    long live the jahrator

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Challenger Lift broken on a powder day. WTF ?
    Most ski areas have a lift maintenance department. Big Sky has a lift repair department.

How is Bridger looking right now? We are considering a BZM mission from SLC on Xmas and over the weekend.
    How about Big Sky-ville?

Bridger skied pretty good this morning, I left about noon. It was raining at the entrance but snowing at the base. 1-2" of new cream. we got a lot of sun about 10 days ago and there was a very firm layer that needed to soften to be very fun. It is mostly gone. Still lots of rocks if you go to the heavily traveled routes and lots of lurkers. I am told it hasn't nearly begun to fill in. What vertical skiing I got in was enjoyable.

BB will be busy over the holidays.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

According to official Big Sky language, Challenger is undergoing "unscheduled maintenance", and according to one employee I talked to on the lift, that whole thing was going to take about 10 days or so...

^broken bullwheel I think?

Also, holy shit it was windy yesterday. Fun weekend. I think I'm still drunk....

This fresh pow is just what we need, having a great time today.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    ^broken bullwheel I think?

Also, holy shit it was windy yesterday. Fun weekend. I think I'm still drunk....
    Yup. The shaft of the bullwheel about sheered off. Had to be dismantled and shipped to Spokane so a new one can be pressed in and re-installed. Could be a while.

Also, not fun getting stranded at the Pony lift after a wind hold. It was fun skiing up until then. The Bowls is still a giant fucking shark tank.

I have Butt Onions Big sky friend right here, is that a mountain Outlaw mag he has with him?

My friend? You have a funny idea of the circles I run in.

Back in 2003 I went bowling with Tim and his wife.

Along with the entire rest of the Y/C staff. They rented the bowling alley that used to be near 4-corners for an employee party with free beer and pizza and it was fun as hell.

Like the guy or hate the guy, at that time the Y/C was a pretty fun place to work. But that was before the music stopped and a bunch of people were left without chairs.

I also partied with Lee Poole on a couple of occasions, if you ask nicely I will let you in on the dark secrets about that as well. I can tell you there were endless bowls of shrimp the size of kittens.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Yup. The shaft of the bullwheel about sheered off. Had to be dismantled and shipped to Spokane so a new one can be pressed in and re-installed.
    Hmmmm that is the 2nd or maybe even 3rd time that has happened. Total PITA before the Headwaters lift was built as the Mechanics had to hike and carry all their tools and rigging up there. Great guys but they ain't exactly mountaineers.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Poole is another one who belongs in jail. Even the dumbest fuck knew that nobody was going to buy real estate in an old clear cut next to a windfucked rock pile mountain in a town whose idea of fine dining is two hour old pizza slice with a bunch of meth heads at Milkey's. They all knew it, got the line of credit, built some skiing skyways, a lodge, and installed a six seater then embezzled the rest of the money to offshore accounts. Blixdick is going down, scapegoat, fall guy for a rotten real estate scam that taxpayers had to bailout. Moonlight Basin was no different.

Glad to hear you guys have been chewing up the pow. I may not have cursed the storm but my own plans got derailed when one of the kids spent all night tossing her cookies. Coincidence or...? Cue the eerie music.

Gonna try again tomorrow, looking for leftovers. Seems like there were a lot of wind holds the past couple days so I have high hopes for finding powder stashes.

@ Jong c

Wahtever you say dickmeat. It has been snowing, people are happy and winter is shaping up.

Maybe you should try to enjoy life.

Ciao.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    @ Jong c

Wahtever you say dickmeat. It has been snowing, people are happy and winter is shaping up.

Maybe you should try to enjoy life.

Ciao.
    Will do. And I will be able to look in the mirror as well.

I was just taking orders didn't work then and won't work now. A foot soldier for an immoral real estate ponzi scheme which bilked half a billion dollars from the taxpayers whilst cutting the connectivity of the Lee Metcalf Wilderness area. (Moonlight Basin) Now you head to Bridger and try to bro out after the bigger corporate man downsized you? Go jerk off your dark side tool bags some more.

For real, I swear Blixseth is holding a Mountain Outlaw Magazine under his there arm?>

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Glad to hear you guys have been chewing up the pow. I may not have cursed the storm but my own plans got derailed when one of the kids spent all night tossing her cookies. Coincidence or...? Cue the eerie music.

Gonna try again tomorrow, looking for leftovers. Seems like there were a lot of wind holds the past couple days so I have high hopes for finding powder stashes.
    I did the same. Headed for Portland after the majority of the lifts shut down on Sunday and what do I see on Monday? Pow-a-palooza. Y'all are welcome.

i miss that bowling alley.
    some decent leftovers out there today.
    "he doesn't know to behold what the cold frost can do..."

corporate interests at big sky are really your shady, hand-wringing evil-overlord enemies? your a fucking kook dude. just shut up with all the nonsense. this is a skiing forum. I work for an oil company, got anything to say about that? whatever it is will probably be ill informed. shut up. go skiing. take pics and post em.

Quote Originally Posted by nateski View Post
    i miss that bowling alley.
    some decent leftovers out there today.
    Shit I never made it. The 10-year-old woke up still sick, so I took the 8-year-old day-tripping to Discovery. Great pow and coverage on the backside. That little whispy critter is pretty solid on the steeps, I'll tell ya, she keeps right up. Awesome day.

And yet. After all my bloviating about the storm, I ended up getting skunked on the whole 19-inch storm cycle at Big Sky. Interesting experiment, but I think next time I'll just keep my mouth shut. See you down there next week.

"Whats the frequency Kenneth?"

Today at Bridger was as good as it gets, as far as the quality of what's skiable and how few people getting after it. Total bluebird and hero conditions, hard to believe it's skiing that good.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

But seriously, wait a few more dumps before you get too ambitions! Or go to Big Sky over the Holidays, I hear they got way more snow this week.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by Skibumty View Post
    corporate interests at big sky are really your shady, hand-wringing evil-overlord enemies? your a fucking kook dude. just shut up with all the nonsense. this is a skiing forum. I work for an oil company, got anything to say about that? whatever it is will probably be ill informed. shut up. go skiing. take pics and post em.
    good point

Yo, does anyone want a ski partner at Bridger this Friday? I know the terrain, I'm just visiting after moving away, and sometimes a buddy is more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ecowhit View Post
    Where are the Spansors?

There were way more skiers at the Miner's then sledheads on Saturday night. With the price of oil dropping well below the profitability level of the fracking operations, perhaps a lot of boys working in ND are being sent back to OK, TX, LA and further. Joy to our little corner of the world.

Drilling will remain profitable, and really has not slowed down. Fun weekend!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Yep. That area was wrecked prior to ski areas (err real estate resorts) due to land swaps. Privatizing land is rarely good for conservation. All the shady shit that occurs in big sky is more representative of the failings of a quasi-capitalist system and does not really reflect all that poorly on the people that work up there.

FWIW, personally attacking good people (i.e. Bunion) who genuinely looked out and cared for their employees despite pressures from these corporate interests is not the best way to make otherwise valid points about the mess that is currently the Big Sky area.