Page 79 of 884 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 22100
    I heard (Big Sky rumor mill obviously) it was a clutch and a ball bearing. The bearing is what caught on fire last weekend and the clutch was replaced yesterday....presumably the bearing too.

^^ heard the same today.

Oh well, at least it is running fine now.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Well that's a helluva lot better than a fried e-motor.

In other news, how 'bout this high pressure system, eh? Clear, cold nights and surface hoar is great for the snowpack, right? RIGHT!?

Anyone headed to big sky from bozone tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    In other news, how 'bout this high pressure system, eh? Clear, cold nights and surface hoar is great for the snowpack, right? RIGHT!?
    yup. looks like sw mt caught the PWL plague once again. oh well, atleast there was a nice inversion (in the bridgers) on sunday. dipped to -3 F at the brackett crk site but thats as cold as its been all week. fingers crossed..
    long live the jahrator

Things have gone quiet, for now. That layer of really dense snow we got back about 7 days ago has helped create a skiable base.

It has also served to "bridge" (I hate that term) over the weak layer that developed prior to the storm.

The weak layer is still there just no longer stressed. In bounds it will be a headache, the BC is going to be scary when we get the next load.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Anybody care to venture a guess on whether or not they'll have the Triple Chair open this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Anybody care to venture a guess on whether or not they'll have the Triple Chair open this weekend?
    Still too rocky, need more snow.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    Things have gone quiet, for now. That layer of really dense snow we got back about 7 days ago has helped create a skiable base.

It has also served to "bridge" (I hate that term) over the weak layer that developed prior to the storm.

The weak layer is still there just no longer stressed. In bounds it will be a headache, the BC is going to be scary when we get the next load.
    Shaping up a lot like last year. Bummer... Now, of we get the snowfall of last year...

Quote Originally Posted by BigMontana View Post
    you know about the big sky birthday weekend $41 thing right? i got a big sky 2 for 1 thing last time i was in town, and i have a season pass so i don't really need or have a use for it. if you think you have a use for it i can get it over to you, i'll be back in town around the 10th.
    Thanks dude but im trying to get up there the 5th and 6th. 20 bucks on friday the 5th so im set.

I have two big sky two for ones that are good until Christmas and I have no use for them. Pm me if you want them

Season Passholders (includes: Bronze, Gold, and Moonlight passes):

Donate - 20 cans of food OR one frozen turkey (13-17lbs)
    Receive - FREE giant swing valid Dec. 12 and a voucher for half-off a winter zipline trip (one per person per turkey)
    Zipline valid through Basecamp Winter 2014-15 season.
    What a deal, fucking Turkeys.

Really hurting at big sky...in desperate need of snow

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Yah. Could be worse though. The PNW is about to get clobbered with rain.

Big Horn was a fun lap yesterday.

Big release on N. summit. Anyone have photos?

Still have two, two for ones for big sky if anybody wants them. They're only good till Christmas though

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubadub View Post
    Really hurting at big sky...in desperate need of snow
    No shit, my skis have taken a beating from the rocks the past week. Keep seeing people with brand new fat rocketed skis with sparks and ptex chunks flying out, insanity. This is what $30 rock skis from the bin at Goodwill are for.

Having said that, I am having fun and have a nice tan. Sliding around on snow is fun.

Doesn't look like much snow in the forecast for the next few days either, I'll have my vokl kitana rock skis on, this early season stuff I look at like leg workout and form tune up...but it's still fun either way.

*form tune up.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    No shit, my skis have taken a beating from the rocks the past week. Keep seeing people with brand new fat rocketed skis with sparks and ptex chunks flying out, insanity. This is what $30 rock skis from the bin at Goodwill are for.

Having said that, I am having fun and have a nice tan. Sliding around on snow is fun.
    mah shhticks got trashed this week/weekend, worth it? probably
    "Totally Wicked"

So Big Sky is 9% open (according to their website) with just 4 of their lifts running, whereas Bridger is 100% open with all lifts running? (Admittedly, Bridger is still quite rocky, but it was surprisingly good today.) WTF?

^^^ That's because Bunion is now working at Bridger. If he worked for Boyne this place would be 100 percent open. Ullr loves teh Bunion.

It seems that Big Sky is worse off for snow than Bridger. The bottom of the bowl and everything up high is still way more rock than snow, I skied buffalo jump and congo this weekend and there were so many sharks. Looks like patrol has been making some nice turns under ramcharger and off of TW though They did open some more trails over by shedhorn but what I skied had a pretty nice suncrust. Its going to be a long week.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    ^^^ That's because Bunion is now working at Bridger. If he worked for Boyne this place would be 100 percent open. Ullr loves teh Bunion.
    Pshaw Harry. We just have a grassier mountain and opened a bit later and were blessed with about 6" of 40% density snow.

OTOH I now have developed a good deal of respect for Bridger's terrain, locals and Patrol. Totally different scene so far and although I am getting my ass kicked daily I am having a lot of fun.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Took ya long enough, welcome jong!
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

40+ deg and rain on the forecast in mid December... Thanks Obama...

Dey took r snow!