Page 106 of 884 FirstFirst ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 22085
    Testing the spurs on Saddle Mountain Resort. Let 'em run! (I miss my alpine boots, sigh)

No one shredding the ski hill, Slaypril!

Just gotta beat the wet sluffs down=point it.

A random shredder agrees:

For those about to shed, I salute you:

Lonely day with all you freaks on the tram line, lol.

I love me a dose of sleepy Slaypril at the hill.

Last edited by tone capone; 04-24-2015 at 12:58 PM.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

But still so many places to ski. New places and places always worth revisiting.

So many places, different places for different days, personal styles and ambitions...Places near and far, cause they're there and they need to be marked up.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

MMMMMMMMmmmmmmm!!! DAT LINE! You're living the dream, my friend. Great stoke!
    Hey I got second tracks, that never happens in my dreams!

Wow. Some really nice looking stuff the last page or so!
    Gravity. It's the law.

Got to ski some good corn recently. Here's hoping to some more good spring skiing and mountain travel. As long as it's good enough not to beater in the a.t. boots.

No matter how you slice it that is a fun one. Getting out just makes me wanna get out more. I do my best when I make it out there, that's all I can do. Looks like snow levels will stay low tomorrow, woo!

Thanks buddy those were some mighty fine days!

This young lady will not slow anyone down around the mountains, on bike on skis or on feet. Or sled or dirtbike and probably most watercraft and motor vehicle as well... Underestimate her at your peril!

Tone, you've been getting after it while I've been in the salt mines swinging a pick, very nice. Throw those boots in a dumpster already, life is to short to ski in shitty bedroom slippers.

They're not that bad, just too much ski to push around for em really. I think they just need a liner with a higher cuff. Come skiing tomorrow!

Great photos tone, awesome

Not even close to the brutality of last year's pond skim but still worth watching.

Tone you're setting a high bar for quality pics!

Friends of mine did a two day Tobacco Roots traverse and I was able to join for day 1. We started west of McAllister/Ennis Lake, gained the ridge and finished at Bell Lake. I think it might have been 10-14 miles of travel on Day 1. I bounced from there, but a couple guys spent the night at the yurt and did a bigger second day to finish traversing the range.

Was my first time in the Tobacco Roots and at Bell Lake Yurt. Would love to get back to the yurt - so many fun looking couloirs up there to ski and I should probably finish Day 2 of this traverse at some point.

A few miles in, lots of fun looking skiing here, but we needed to keep moving:

Gaining the ridge, probably the crux of the day since it was warm and sunny and this is mostly south facing, but the climb was quick and the snow was solid:

The final ascent. The ridge we gained in the photo above is (I believe) just below the rounded peak in the distance:
    Last edited by benfjord; 04-29-2015 at 09:58 AM.

Thanks benfjord! Been lucky enough to be out on some good days this spring, it helps keep the momentum goin.

Where you with my buddy Simon on that trip? He was telling me about that one it sounded awesome. I still have an itch to get back in some of the backwater nooks and crannies of the T roots this spring. There may be some adventures in stream crossings but there is some prime real estate worth checkin out a little off the beaten path.

Yep that's Simon in the last photo. Was my first time skiing with him - great guy for sure.

Still lots of snow up there if you're looking to get out. I'm not sure the best way to access the gut of the range, but there was a ton of skiable terrain above south meadow lake (top photo of mine). You could have yourself a great day/weekend in that basin right now.

ya Ben, putting some mileage in!
    Drive slow, homie.

Well, one more, since it's been good when I have been out with the camera and friends.

Good times goin strong out there, here's to keepin it rollin for the next month, hopefully.

Where is that^^^, Tone? Crazies?
    Gravity. It's the law.

Sphinx! Nice, tone. Such an intriguing mountain. Still a geologic mystery.

2000' of dirt walkin. Dry spot there. The line was mellow but neat, that big raised shoulder lookers right in the second pic was fun to get out on especially with the mid level cloud hovering. Still some decent coverage up high in the crests of the ranges but plan on some bullshit if you have to start down low. Best wishes to those getting out this weekend!

Sounds like beartooth basin isn't gonna open up this year, bummer

I went out in the Crazies yesterday, optimistically thinking things might clear up later in the day. I toured in a constant drizzle with 1-300' of visibility, on completely bottomless isothermic mush. It's still an easy walk to snow at the first bridge, but aside from that I really have no idea what coverage is like on the higher stuff--I decided to call it down low due to low vis and hearing a wet slide whoosh by in the fog.

Now it's time to pack up to ski some volcanoes in Oregon!

It's going to get good here again soon, just a matter of which day or days will have the right timing of temps, snow quality and vizibility...Sunday looks to be promising, probly a lucky window or two before then if yer out there and grab it.

Down at the really Big Sky it snowed 3-4" wet and heavy at 8000' and was still snowing up high much harder. Same Iso-crap in most lower areas.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

FS- BLIZZAK 225 55R17

Bozeman/SWMT mags. Four snow tires for sale. They've been used for two seasons (2 days a week to Livingston for work and then just around town) and still have plenty of life left in them. I'm thinking $75 per tire after checking CL. If that's out of line make an offer.

I can get you pictures just shoot me a PM and I'll text or email them to you.

Good work Tone, looked like a beautiful day to hit the Sphinx! You're right on the tough approaches right now..

This weekend was good. Stayed in the Madisons a few nights. I'll post more later, just a couple for the moment.

This part was better than the mud part.

Shano photo
    I think the potato gun proved the stability.