Page 104 of 884 FirstFirst ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 22097
    Nice dude, pink powder is the shit, been some good skiing lately!
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

I heard rumors of some bad news in beehive today.. Anyone know anything?

I'm hearing the same thing soulturn, haven't heard anything definitive though. But, doesn't sound good. +vibes
    I think the potato gun proved the stability.

A reliable source is saying they were skiing the hanging garden. No fall zone there. ++++++vibes to all involved and the family.

So sorry to hear this. Peace and condolences to his family and friends.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1428884986.291031.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	660.9 KB 
ID:	166161Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1428884995.857518.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	665.9 KB 
ID:	166162Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1428885057.998852.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	662.6 KB 
ID:	166163

rip to the fallen.
    if i can lighten the mood a little, here is our winning entry from the lone peak shootout
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2m...tout2015_sport
    "he doesn't know to behold what the cold frost can do..."

Sad news for sure. Lots of chatter about the accident in the tram line yesterday. Watched a group of 3, with no rescue gear, ski out the gate to Dakota Bowl and beyond after just having discussed the avi death minutes prior. Be safe out there....

It sucks a young man had to take that ride. Didn't know him but it could have been any of us in the extended community. An unfortunate reminder that the good days for doing that sort of thing are preciously few even in a "safe" year. Shred in peace, and cherish the good days with your friends.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Sucks to hear about this, ++ vibes to all affected

That was my homie Jens that died in beehive. He was about as strong a skier as i've ever met, and a good decision maker in the BC. I've skied with him for about the last ten years. Just really unlucky timing at the point of the slide. Its the dice everyone rolls when skiing any line, i've been in bigger "slides" inbounds at Bridger. Big exposure is big risk, and I still can't believe it took my friend.

His wife jo is an awesome girl. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Here is a photo I shot at their wedding at couple years back. Jens was a great dude and my role model growing up. I owe a lot to him.

Sorry single, bummer deal. Like you said, sometime shit happens even when you take all the right precautions.

Man, this one is heavy on me, too.

I knew Jens first through competitive swimming as kids, then skiing, then engineering at MSU. He was the first person I recognized as both a peer and an athletic role model. Dude was an absolute beast both in the water and on land. Some of his state records still stand. His brothers were/are maniac athletes, too. One of them won the Bridger Ridge Run this past summer.

He was an accomplished musician and photographer, too. Here's his website: http://www.jensandersonphotography.com/
    Is it insensitive to share that here? I'll remove it from the post if anyone takes issue.

Shred on, pal.

^ Thanks for posting his site Scott. Jens definitely brought the stoke.

I appreciate it, also, Norseman. I didn't know the man, but share in the sadness for the loss of a kindred spirit and, as a husband and father, my heart goes out to his family. It's great to see people here sharing memories of such of an absolutely talented human being.

Condolences.

Thanks for posting Scott. I wouldn't say that I was anything more than a passing acquaintance at best, but I'm sure that the images he had up there were things he valued and would have wanted to have been shared.

It's a lucky life we have to see through each others eyes.

Just the same day that it happened Sam and I were on the ridge heading towards Ross when Sam called my attention to the stunning morning lighting on the Spanish peaks. Despite the pain of the day, seems it was a beautiful morning.

It breaks my heart to think of his close friends both near and far that are hurting now.

My love and prayers to all of you,

May you find peace in your sorrow and joy in your memories.

Just really unlucky timing at the point of the slide. Its the dice everyone rolls when skiing any line, i've been in bigger "slides" inbounds at Bridger. Big exposure is big risk, and I still can't believe it took my friend.
    Well said Single. Seriously unfair moment of bad luck. My deepest condolences to you guys. Jens and all close to him are and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear of your loss guys. We were skiing up at Big Sky all week. I saw the red and white bird fly by and hoped it wasn't a BC incident he was heading to. We didn't make it into the BC this trip but we had our eyes on that zone, it looks like a lot of fun back there. That whole area is the real deal.

https://youtu.be/L7FPSY6fZLY

GNFAC video from the scene.

RIP.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

More snow in town than at the base of bridger... Up on the ridge was a different story.

Moonlight was crazy good today. The storm blew in from the northwest so the north side of the mountain got hammered. Everywhere was a minimum boot deep and some spots off Lone Tree were knee deep.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Beehive was fantastic. Knee deep. Didn't get up there until 6pm, so only had time for some meadow laps, but was excellent.

Looks like a few people got really lucky coming off the Beehive/Middle ridge. Two fairly large skier triggered slides, right next to each other. Thankfully, tracks exiting both, so I hope and assume everyone is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Moonlight was crazy good today. The storm blew in from the northwest so the north side of the mountain got hammered. Everywhere was a minimum boot deep and some spots off Lone Tree were knee deep.
    And I burned a day of vacation to run laps (3. 3 fucking runs) on Swifty with my boys. Goddam it.