Page 107 of 890 FirstFirst ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 22244
    Does anybody know if the Otterslide trail up at Big Sky is clear of snow?

Quote Originally Posted by Jupski View Post
    Does anybody know if the Otterslide trail up at Big Sky is clear of snow?
    I hiked it a few days ago, the shady spots still have a lot of snow on them.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Been out and about a couple times a week this month. Things have lined up pretty well about half the time. Definetly seen alot of interesting snow conditions. Getting harder to motivate during the monsoon cycle.

South Face from Wilson, during the really prime corn cycle a month ago now:

A little firm, but she slices and dices.

"The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

The elusive flawless velvet pow corn! Beatutiful day, Fun snow.

"The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Another neat area to explore.

We skied the big face in the center background the day before, nice windbuffed pow and a beautiful day but forgot the camera. Pow was getting a little hot on this day.

Some cool views of stuff to ski

Some days the clouds do weird things, sometimes the rain level spikes mid storm, and sometimes feathery rime crystals cascade down from above like a frozen shower.

Some days gets hard to motivate...All due apologies for work week flake isms.
    Last edited by tone capone; 05-28-2015 at 01:49 PM.

And then my buddy Simon and I got far enough away to see Montana, to where the men work the land and the moose outnumber women.

Left town at noon and still got up on something...by 7:30pm. A boot deep layer of isothermal slush on top of a corn snow bed surface, but at least it was under clouds, fairly easy to boot up and not going anywhere without a push.

Lewis and Clark would be proud.

Sending a volley downrange from below the first pitch.

A "manageable" amount of destruction ensued and the bed surface was nice corn!

That got us back to camp in a good mood and excited for the next days adventures!

Similar conditions made for reasonable mountain travel.

Some good views when it wasn't socked in and snaining:

Final push.

The skiing was weird but fairly good considering! At least you could go fast enough to escape the wet slides and not fall, I'll take it! But must go back to see and ski more off that one, and others.

Anyone else been out and about?

Nice Tone, is that the Beaverheads? Looks awesome, and Simon is the fucking man. Nice shots!

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Anyone else been out and about?
    Nope. Sure is nice to see someone is, though! Looks great. Thanks for the stoke.

Nice Explosivs! Great shots too.

Thanks! Yesterday my attempts to ski devolved into wandering up and down a hillside of heinous deadfall for half the day, so not all fun and games out there. Yes them are the Beaverheads. Some interesting bike and ski possibilities out there I will have to revisit. A long ways back in no mans land and some exciting Subaru 4 wheeling, but once you get there it is some good access...Better than most of the shit you can see from Bozeangeles! And yes, Simon is indeed the man, tough as nails in the mtns, and a great camp cook as well!

I almost went to the Tobacco Roots this weekend but the rain made me change plans. Where's the best road access from at this point?

Well, we got some snow up at Lone Peak last night!!! I saw some nice tram pics from Jackson Hole too. Nice too see the mountains snow capped at the end of July.

Anybody else get any from this nice little storm?

Dude's been in jail more than three months now. Judge doesn't seem to appreciate his lack of forthrightness.

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com...62f4c30f4.html

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Well, we got some snow up at Lone Peak last night!!! I saw some nice tram pics from Jackson Hole too. Nice too see the mountains snow capped at the end of July.

Anybody else get any from this nice little storm?
    I should have posted this last week, this is the late July storm Austin is talking about.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1438752034.660868.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	122.9 KB 
ID:	168605

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I should have posted this last week, this is the late July storm Austin is talking about.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1438752034.660868.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	122.9 KB 
ID:	168605
    YES! Thanks for posting that. Great pic. Suck on that, everybody else in America!

That little storm got me so pumped for winter. Hopefully I can squeeze in more days on the hill this time, though. Last year my turnout was pathetic. Gotta step it up this season!

^^^reminds me that I need to buy my sky card

That might be the best it looks this season.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Hoping for a little help for a fellow Montana guy...me and a friend are doing the Rut at Big Sky and looking for a place to stay during labor day weekend at the resort. Anyone have connections or such? Seems most (all) reasonable priced places are booked. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    And yes, Simon is indeed the man, tough as nails in the mtns, and a great camp cook as well!
    Did Simon manage a certain Upper Madison Lodge last summer? If so, the man cooks a mean risotto! Small world if its the same Simon, I've been to Montana exactly one time…Coming back in September though! You guys have it good.

I don't start work until the week of the 16th, anyone want to ride Curly Lake between now and then?

The word I heard is that the north end is pretty fucked up from the Motos and it is best to ride as an outNback rather than a loop.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Ahh good ole motos. Tearing up all the good trails...

I can't get too worked up about it. The Motorcycle crowd lost so much access over the past few years that they are now concentrated in more areas that also get used by MTBs so the impacts are worse.

I have quite a few friends that ride moto and they also need places to play.

Anyone in BZN got a spare 25.4 mm seat post lying around for a sixer?

We just bought a bike for the little one and although I could just cut down the seat post it came with I'd be in the same position once she grows out of the cut down one.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1442341218.575126.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	169636
    Snowing on Lone Peak right now.