Page 92 of 891 FirstFirst ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 22259
    Quote Originally Posted by john c 2 View Post
    Since we are on the subject, this is just too epic not too share. Somehow I am friends with someone who shared this, classic. the absolute hardest Montana shredding I have ever seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmo1KoSxriQ
    I'd give it two stars. But I can't believe you started a YouTube channel just to post that.

Quote Originally Posted by totaliboard View Post
    you skiied from the summit of Abiathar via the north couloir? were you by chance with Beau?
    Nope, I just went up to the top of snow. Just looking at that traverse was scary enough. Summit route is gnar.
    I think the potato gun proved the stability.

Funniest John C. post ever. Nearly soiled myself bra. It actually took my mind off the massive pineapple bearing its ugly fruit up our collective asses for a few precious moments.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I'd give it two stars. But I can't believe you started a YouTube channel just to post that.
    BWAHAHAHHAHAHA !

Somebody posted some funny shit on john c's You Tube page.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by john c 2 View Post
    Heading towards Bell Lake Yurt with a group of pros, a still photog, and a videographer+ a drone for aerial footage. Do any of you have any beta? or could skin some equipment around for us? We would include you in the credits fo sure. conditions up there look epic right now and only getting better.
    I'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ODHGABFE View Post
    Nope, I just went up to the top of snow. Just looking at that traverse was scary enough. Summit route is gnar.
    nice. heading that way sat morning. hopefully some sledding and a skin day near republic.
    long live the jahrator

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Skier View Post
    I'll do it.
    Is this THE combat skier? if so, PM me and we should go spray paint some walls around the Emerson or something. I am also available to let air out of the tires of anyone who has a corporate ski logo full car wrap on their Subaru outback.

All I got out of that was that Jon wants to rub dicks with other Broh-brahs.

But they won't let him join in any Reindeer games.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

well, I'll never be able to think about fist bumps the same way again.
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

So, what's up with this weather? Warmer in Big Sky than in Texas today! No end to these awful warm temps in sight either. Did you guys forget to burn enough skis before the season or what? Starting to get depressed here!

Get used to it. With climate change this will become the norm in ten years or so. Very sad.

I skied -22 degrees at MLB in March last year. Really?
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    I skied -22 degrees at MLB in March last year. Really?
    Yeah, really. One cold spell or warm spell is nothing more than normal weather variance, and that could be said about the current heat. But, last year was the warmest on record globally, and the ten warmest years on record have all come this century. That is a climate trend. We are warming up and no one can say when, but before too long winters like this one won't stand out as abnormally warm.

Meh. Last summer was the summer that never was, preceded by the winter that would never end. Lake Superior had ice going out miles, and it was too thick for the icebreakers. Shipping was delayed. We skied into early May. Ups & downs. Things are cycling all the time. I hope I'm right anyway...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    Yeah, really. One cold spell or warm spell is nothing more than normal weather variance, and that could be said about the current heat. But, last year was the warmest on record globally, and the ten warmest years on record have all come this century. That is a climate trend. We are warming up and no one can say when, but before too long winters like this one won't stand out as abnormally warm.
    Thank you. Since no one is old enough to remember, the long term "Norm" in Montana was at least a solid month well below 0. Frequently 20-40 days in a row with a high of -20. Now you rarely get more than 2-3 days in a row of that sort of temp. And when it does happen its in October or March.

Not really anything new here, same thing happened in February 1934. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1423288145.839420.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	233.0 KB 
ID:	163553

Shitty yes, but unprecedented no. Obviously if you have a big piece of high pressure sitting over you for a month things are gonna be warm

Quote Originally Posted by Ted26 View Post
    Not really anything new here, same thing happened in February 1934. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1423288145.839420.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	233.0 KB 
ID:	163553

Shitty yes, but unprecedented no. Obviously if you have a big piece of high pressure sitting over you for a month things are gonna be warm
    Didn't say it was unprecedented, but rather that it will become the norm before too long. Weather is what the atmosphere does over a short period of time: daily, weekly, and even annually. A cold year or a warm year is part of normal weather variability. The difference between weather and climate is time - climate is what the atmosphere does over long periods of time: many years years or decades. The climate is getting warmer. That doesn't mean we can't have a cold spell or a cold year, or hopefully even a few cold years in a row.

The climate is warming. Better get used to it.

The average weather you see referred to in weather reports is not the long-term average, but the average of the of the past 30 years. It is updated every decade. So when we see temperatures close to average, those are almost always warmer than they would have been 50 or 100 years ago. This helps us understand what to expect but obscures how much temperatures have changed.

Anyway...back to your regularly scheduled stoke...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Ahh the weather geeks....hell you can work for kbzk!

Long term 1-2 degrees warmer every century...

20-30 degrees above average is not going to be the new norm.

F High Pressure!!

We are heading towards 4-10 degrees or more warmer by the end of this century, and with that weather patterns will be totally changed. Extreme heat waves like this will be common. http://climate.nasa.gov/effects/

I am far from a weather geek but the more I learn about global warming the more concerned I become. We are fucking up the planet, and one of the least important consequences is that it will fuck with our skiing.

The one oddly hot day or oddly cold day... it's not a surrogate "proof" by any means, one way or the other. Thinking it means something on historic climate -- i.e., it's not getting warmer if we have 2 days of minus temps in December -- is no more proof against climate warming than someone who lives through a TB epidemic while 70% of his/her community is caught by TB shows TB isn't a contagious disease.

Science isn't just raw data, it's knowing how to interpret the data meaningfully. The less one knows about science, the easier it is to be confused by data.

It is dumping in the Mountain Village right now. Unfortunately what is falling is some sort of airborne slush. Anyway, I'm going skiing while you bozos post on the Internet all day.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I don't trust the NASA data anymore (or a number of major universities) since they announced the manipulation of the data for political gain. That's a problem. A BIG one. I'm all for doing the right thing, but that is a TWO-WAY street. Sad that science can't be science anymore. Now it's an agenda. The people that are gaining from the "Climate Crisis" (on both sides) aren't any more "noble" than you & I - they are just cashing in. Carbon credits? Please... That is PURE PROFIT MOTIVATED crap... It's like selling sunshine.

Sorry to dick up the thread. I just get pissed off when there is so much dishonesty and nefarious intent with this issue. We all need to care, but nobody needs to profit from caring.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    It is dumping in the Mountain Village right now. Unfortunately what is falling is some sort of airborne slush. Anyway, I'm going skiing while you bozos post on the Internet all day.
    I wish my back wasn't so phuc'd that I could barely pull my pants on "one leg at a time" today, or I'd be doing the same...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    go huck yourself, it's raining here