Page 76 of 891 FirstFirst ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 22274
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    Relax, it will happen. Early snow is not always a good thing. I for one would like to have a more predictable snow pack structure than what we have had the past several years.
    True, true. Well then, here's to a super stable snow pack and patrollers staying safe out there this season!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted26 View Post
    hence my post from several days ago...
    could see some sneaky accumulations with the push of cold air into the region next monday but other than that things look fairly bleak for the next 10-14 days
    Snowbrains had a pretty smart post today on the Omega Ridge currently sitting over much of the west. According the data, it's a really tough ridge to break and tends to cycle for about 21 or so days. It's slated for break up as that cold weather is to get pushed down in MT early next week. It also accounts for the gray, hazy skies we've had lately. We're sort of on the edge of the Omega. I'll see if I can find the post.
    Relax, it will happen. Early snow is not always a good thing. I for one would like to have a more predictable snow pack structure than what we have had the past several years.
    Agreed. Though I was perfectly fine riding inbounds most of last year as the accumulations were also so good. There's always an upside, right?

EDIT: Found it. http://snowbrains.com/tahoe-long-ran...l-nino-update/
    It's more aimed at the Tahoe peeps, but you can clearly see how it's also keeping us hostage with warm, dry weather.

Keep your fingers crossed and think snow!

Is that a byproduct of Typhoon Nuri?^^

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Snowbrains had a pretty smart post today on the Omega Ridge currently sitting over much of the west. According the data, it's a really tough ridge to break and tends to cycle for about 21 or so days. It's slated for break up as that cold weather is to get pushed down in MT early next week. It also accounts for the gray, hazy skies we've had lately. We're sort of on the edge of the Omega. I'll see if I can find the post.

Agreed. Though I was perfectly fine riding inbounds most of last year as the accumulations were also so good. There's always an upside, right?

EDIT: Found it. http://snowbrains.com/tahoe-long-ran...l-nino-update/
    It's more aimed at the Tahoe peeps, but you can clearly see how it's also keeping us hostage with warm, dry weather.

Keep your fingers crossed and think snow!
    Yeah that piece of shit just refuses to go away

Quote Originally Posted by Ted26 View Post
    Yeah that piece of shit just refuses to go away
    Bye bye Omega Ridge! Looking good outside right now; just wished things had cooled off FIRST. Not looking forward the ground level hoar layers like last year.

Maybe 3"-4" fell in the Mtn. Village last night. Probably some decent drifting up higher. Cold as balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkel View Post
    Bye bye Omega Ridge! Looking good outside right now; just wished things had cooled off FIRST. Not looking forward the ground level hoar layers like last year.
    I think you mean to reverse that. In my working knowledge, a wet layer (rain) first is probably better than really cold and then snow, no? Perhaps the more knowledgable mags can chime in.
    Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    Maybe 3"-4" fell in the Mtn. Village last night. Probably some decent drifting up higher. Cold as balls.

Super cold temps in shallow snowpack are never a good mix. The ground is warm...about OC, and if the air is really cold you will have a large temp gradient - promoting faceting. The more insulation (snowpack) you have between the two the better. So yeah, more snow and moderate temps please. Rain layers are a different ballgame. I'm not seeing much evidence of rain on any snotels (at elevation) around the Gallatin valley.
    Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    My question is. Did it rain up high prior to turning to snow? Those S. Face ice layers can be a MFr.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

My question is. Did it rain up high prior to turning to snow? Those S. Face ice layers can be a MFr.
    Yeah, it was a light rain all day that turned to snow after dark. I was hiking up Beehive yesterday afternoon and got soaking wet.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Any chance anyone's heading up fairy lake rd tomorrow and has an extra seat in their car?

Lots of dry South aspects, maybe not so bad? Could be nasty where it there was snowpack for sure.

Wouldn't have figured rain, warmer than I thought I guess. Did we just go from too warm for snow to too cold for (real) snow?
    Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    Lots of dry South aspects, maybe not so bad? Could be nasty where it there was snowpack for sure.

Wouldn't have figured rain, warmer than I thought I guess. Did we just go from too warm for snow to too cold for (real) snow?
    Yep, within probably less than 12 hours...followed by the aforementioned 3" and then COLD and clear for 72 hours followed by an impending winter weather advisory. Slight warm up with snow and then cold again in the forecast.

So...snow > cold > clear > warmer > snow > cold. Please discuss.

Skinned up to Blackmore tuesday, dug a pit on one of the only lines that was filled in and decided not to ski it. New snow over a thin layer of ice over a layer of faceted ball bearings, twas sketch
    "Totally Wicked"

Great Divide opens up this Sunday with one groomer on mostly machine made snow.

Hit up the Cold Smoke Film Tour last night with the ladyfriend and a buddy. That was a good time.

Some dumbass comes up to me at the Mountain Mall today asking what was the "easiest" way down to the Meadow Village. I told him one way up, one way down, and why are you asking this question ? Turns out the dude has a Suburban with 22 inch wheels. With the way the spur road is today he is fuct.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Ya didn't refer him to the Green run?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

So...snow > cold > clear > warmer > snow > cold. Please discuss.
    Should be a great season to study avalanches ripping to ground! Lookin foward to some lifts turnin on time though.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Hey everyone,
    My Audi has been acting up with this cold weather, it is an older one, a 2013 and I was wondering if any of you have a good mechanic who would look under the hood for me. Thanks

Oooh boy, this is shaping up to be a fun shoulder season!
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by john c 2 View Post
    Hey everyone,
    My Audi has been acting up with this cold weather, it is an older one, a 2013 and I was wondering if any of you have a good mechanic who would look under the hood for me. Thanks
    I'll take that junker off your hands...

And I am considering trades for THIS:
    http://bozeman.craigslist.org/apa/4752839137.html
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

It's shark season at Fairy Lake Mountain Resort

long live the jahrator

^ayy such a shit show up there
    "Totally Wicked"