Page 39 of 884 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    Is the lone peak pass still being sold, or do we have to purchase both passes separately?

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Why do you think all us massholes and vermonters move out here?
    You forgot about the New Yorker's....... horrible drivers, ugh.

Yeah, at least they don't pull your pass at Bridger for passing the slowpokes on the way up the canyon. From the sounds of things, I'd have conflicts with the mountain management over at Snowbowl.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

If anyone needs a MLB lift ticket for cheap hit me up with a PM. We bought some but I can't use the last one. I'm in BZN.

Last day of the 12/13 season and early a/c is required.

2-3" on top of 2-3" on top of.... well you get the idea.

Yet another great winter in the can, # 29 for me as a professional snow fluffer and arranger of the deck chairs on the Titanic.

See ya'll next fall at the Dark Side of the Moon party.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Good end to a good resort season. Thanks Bunion, I fall more in love with that place every year. Big Sky is often fun, too.

Party tomorrow at Lone Peak Cinema. Premiere of 'Barn Burner', a short movie Chris Kamman put together at 8:00pm, a Spring Skiing edit from skiing at Big Sky (read=long skis and girls in bikinis), then live music by The Mediocre Trio afterwards. There's a full bar there, too. No cover to get in. Here's the trailer:

..and some spring skiing from last season:
    I think the potato gun proved the stability.

MLB skied great yesterday. Soft snow and few people. Crossed over into BS and waited 75 minutes in the tram line. I usually don't wait but it was the last day so I felt I had to make one last tram run.

Pond skim was so much freaking fun to watch. That was quite the party there on the hill! I couldn't believe how many people were up there! Good times. Thanks for a great season, and helping keep that place so awesome, Bunion!

Quote Originally Posted by ski counselor View Post
    MLB skied great yesterday. Soft snow and few people. Crossed over into BS and waited 75 minutes in the tram line. I usually don't wait but it was the last day so I felt I had to make one last tram run.
    How was the peak? I skied the bowl sat morning, and let me just say that I sucked. Some serious crustage out there. Lots of windblown crust over by the shedhorn lift (although the trees were great!), but had my best runs by far off of Challenger, and the shared BS/MLB side (also in the trees). I could blame my tune, but I think the truth is that I need to work on my technique, as I learned that variable snow is not exactly my forte. Especially going from dust on crust to ice to powder, etc. The whole place was probably a piece of cake for any east coasters, though, with the giant ice cube moguls I had a tougher time with. Haha.

Marx was soft and fluffy with about 6 inches of new. However I've always found the Moonlight side to be better snow especially when BS is hardpack. You can't beat that northern exposure.

Random moments I had my camera and it decided to work:

"The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Has anyone been up toward Fairy Lake recently? If so, how far did you have to walk until you hit snow?

Scree Shredders absence opened the door for me in this years MLB Spring Runoff

Nice line. Congrats on the win.

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    Fuck yeah Mitch! Nice run!

Very nice run.

Congratulations soulturn! Hope to get some turns in with ya sometime.

Me and hick got into some shit end of April begging of May. This first one was certainly the highlight of spring line season for me, it'll be hard to top for sure. Not at liberty to discuss location. Most normal people wouldn't wanna suffer the approach anyway, but the savage woodsman from Libby is not normal, he just slashes and burns his way through all sorts of jungle. If I were by myself I would have just stumbled around aimlessly till I got broke off.

We went out to Gallatin a few days later, great day to be traveling in the mountains.

Holy crap. Nice.

Yeah, Tone! That secret run looks like a good time. You went on a nice day to Gallatin! Thought we saw some skin tracks down low, but wasn't sure how old with freeze/thaw. Sure was a fun ski up there, pretty awesome place to hang for a little bit. Too bad about the non-freezing last 5-6 nights, huh?

Was out yesterday and it froze pretty good the night before, last night not so much but things are at the point now you can get a little skiin in anyways in the morning. Perfect sunny day on Gallatin, but I really appreciated experiencing the more dramatic weather through the pictures in your T.R, especially that summit shot of the clouds boiling over the other peaks.

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    especially that summit shot of the clouds boiling over the other peaks.

Yeah, I was crapping my pants it was so awesome.

Another day to be thankful for. Hard to go wrong with the conditions and the company.

We were treated to some beautiful clean corn carpets in the a.m.

and started up somethin a lil bigger in the p.m.

Camera was acting up again, goin all splitscreen, so hopefully Matt posts up his helmetcam. I could tell following his turns that he was in a groovy headspace.

Hopefully Junuary delivers.

Okie is a shredda mon.

It's another ragged ass continental scree pile for sure, but by God it's among our finest. Dan dropping in...

And ya'll know I like sequences.

I hate to judge mountains against each other, but this one is in it's own class in many respects. Thanks for rallyin guys!

Looks good out there!
    Drive slow, homie.

way to be!!