Page 72 of 891 FirstFirst ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 22274
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    Too bad the lift infrastructure isn't there to service that expansive terrain.
    Truth

what is this lack of infrastructure you speak of?
    long live the jahrator

You have ridden the Triple Chair when it is fully loaded.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Challenger.

lift ticket pricing was posted:
    bigskyresort.com/the-mountain/lift-tickets-and-season-passes/lift-tickets

the frequent sky card has changed a bit too. it won't be sold during the season, but the discount is now $25. all other passes now give $30 off lift tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    Challenger.
    Hmmmm Challenger lift.

I actually like and trust that lift. The Lift Maint. dept at the really Big has done quite a bit with the lift itself. When it gets sketch is during high winds. What with BS operating Headwaters that gives them an option to close Challenger when things are bad and keep HW lift open.

Challenger is a long slow and exposed ride but the terrain is pretty sweet.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

i gotcha. triple for sure sucks on a big day.
    long live the jahrator

Quote Originally Posted by totaliboard View Post
    You can pay (ski) off a frequency card by day two, as they're only about $80 if you buy them before October. Although that's before they bought the dark side last year.
    SKY card is $70 with $25 off daily, so it would take 3 days to pay it off before any saving kick in. I only plan on a 3- 4 day trip. So only saving $25. Better than nothing I guess.

The gf and I are considering a trip down to Montana this winter - we're thinking a week in February, if weather/snow cooperates. Any suggestions on timing? We'll have both alpine and BC gear - is early Feb a decent time for both on-hill and BC skiing down there? I assume it is allright but, if it's similar to the Rockies, March/Apr might prove more fruitful? How about any deals on lift tickets? Also, if it winds up being good and there are others willing to show a couple touristas some zones with good/decent touring, that would be much appreciated.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Later is usually better, think late Feb. to Early April. Also some deals to be had in Early April.

you get two free weeks of skiing. thus, a $100 lift ticket is paid off by skiing one single full day.
    long live the jahrator

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    The gf and I are considering a trip down to Montana this winter - we're thinking a week in February, if weather/snow cooperates. Any suggestions on timing? We'll have both alpine and BC gear - is early Feb a decent time for both on-hill and BC skiing down there? I assume it is allright but, if it's similar to the Rockies, March/Apr might prove more fruitful? How about any deals on lift tickets? Also, if it winds up being good and there are others willing to show a couple touristas some zones with good/decent touring, that would be much appreciated.
    If you come to Big Sky, PM me for a good deal on lodging. My condo ain't the Yellowstone Club, but you probably won't find a better deal around than my offerings.
    /shameless spam

February's a great time to come! In my opinion, any time from then until the end of the season's a pretty safe bet. I haven't skied BC yet, so hopefully others will chime in, but I hear that later in the season's better for that. I heard Beehive was skiing great from April on. Even earlier perhaps, but I wouldn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    If you come to Big Sky, PM me for a good deal on lodging. My condo ain't the Yellowstone Club, but you probably won't find a better deal around than my offerings.
    /shameless spam

February's a great time to come! In my opinion, any time from then until the end of the season's a pretty safe bet. I haven't skied BC yet, so hopefully others will chime in, but I hear that later in the season's better for that. I heard Beehive was skiing great from April on. Even earlier perhaps, but I wouldn't know.
    What he said; just avoid President's Day weekend. It can be a gong show. About the only time of year where you'll see lift lines. Though watching people beater down Challenger can be fun. As to the backcountry 'round Lone Peak; there is a plenty, but it all depends on stability. Even more if you include YNP and the areas between it and Big Sky. Last year was pretty dicey and I didn't get out much. But it's there if conditions permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    To cap it off, it's on a Saturday with an MSU home game. Granted, I'm probably in the minority here, but that's kind of poor planning.
    I'll still buy a copy, but fucking lame that there's no showing in Bozeman. I miss going to that gong show, swilling a few smuggled beers, heckling the rent-a-cops and hollering at the gnar along with everyone else.
    looks like there is a showing in Bozeman on october 16th https://www.facebook.com/events/632703703517716/

Appreciate the offers/info. Austin, I'll definitely send you a PM as plans begin to firm up.

Any other deals other than the Sky Card to be had down there? The Sky Card doesn't really save enough, for the 4-5 days we'd be resort skiing, to be worth the risk in case the conditions don't warrant driving down there. The week we are looking at is Feb 8-15, so of course it would coincide with Presidents Day Weekend, though with that being the case we may just head back through southeast BC ski around there for the actual holiday weekend. - thus only 4-5 days around Big Sky.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

you can get the powder pack of 10 transferrable lift passes for $890 until the end of the month. I'll be in town for the last 3 weeks of Feb.
    life in the real world does'nt work...back to the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted26 View Post
    looks like there is a showing in Bozeman on october 16th https://www.facebook.com/events/632703703517716/
    Nice!
    I emailed MSP the other day and the alluded to something similar. That's great to see. Per their email, the stop in Missoula was the only 'official' stop in Montana. In any case, I'm stoked that it is being picked up in Bozeman for next month.

Won a North Face Sickline Jacket at the tgr premiere last night, size is xl. Already bought a new coat for this winter so I'm looking to sell this one. Retail is $300, selling for $200 or best offer. Pm me if interestedClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1411052275.230770.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	726.2 KB 
ID:	158335
    Last edited by Ted26; 09-18-2014 at 04:32 PM.

Mr Jones' "Higher" in Big Sky tonight..

RE: Moonlight paving.

Are they paving to the Madison Village or all the way to the Golf Course ?
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

My impression given the state of the road last week was just to the Madison.

Breaking news! This just in....

This winter will find me on a new adventure as a member of the Bridger Bowl ski patrol.

They had openings for a change and I had an itch to throw a few more bombs, ski some more powder and hang with like minded people.

Thanks Joe and Pete, I am honored to be a part of your team.

congrats, Bunion!
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

Awesome, man. Congrats from afar.

I got to know many of those guys and gals while growing up at Bridger and through college. They are a talented group of excellent people and friends.

Randy and Beth even came to my wedding!

-S

Congrats, Spence!