Page 43 of 892 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 22283
    Love this video that Big Sky posted recently:

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Love this video that Big Sky posted recently:

Along those lines; I saw this come across today:

Good Morning Everyone! The Heavy Precipitation forecast for the storm system that will arrive late Tuesday has remained consistent over the past 3 days enhancing confidence in this outcome. Here is the latest precipitation forecast for Wednesday through Thursday. Heavy precipitation is expected west of a Miles City to Sheridan line, with up to 2 inches possible west of a Roundup to Red Lodge Line. This precipitation will fall mainly as snow above 6000 feet bringing the potential for very heavy snowfall to the Beartooth/Absaroka and Crazy mountains should this forecast play out. Some snow accumulation is possible for the foothills including Red Lodge, but doesn't look heavy at this time. Anyone with outdoor or travel plans mid week should keep up with the latest forecast and plan accordingly.
    Sure, Big Sky and Bozeman on the edge of that, but even if it's an inch of water, that could be a foot or more above 6000'. I don't know about you, but that's a great way to lay down a base. Now, the real question is if I've jinxed us all by posting that...

OK, so there was more fresh snow on the higher peaks around Bozeman this morning; anyone know how much the Beartooths got?

TGR screening tomorrow at the Emerson. Giggity. See you busters there.

Giggity.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Bump because it is snowing in Bozeman right now.

Even the pup is stoked for the snow. Bring it!

And because I haven't posted enough in this thread today, I saw this on teh BookFace:

Big Sky Resort's upgraded season pass and ticket prices will be going live tonight, as well as the upgrade for Moonlight Basin Ski Resort season pass holders.
    No further info provided...

welp, it's all posted now. and moonlightbasin.com redirects to big sky.

upgrade prices seem fair... http://www.bigskyresort.com/the-moun...ca-season-pass

can't get to this camera as stated above Moonlightbasin.com redirects to big sky site but here is what it looked like earlier today:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Moonlight Basin.PNG 
Views:	168 
Size:	424.3 KB 
ID:	142196

Quote Originally Posted by .jon. View Post
    welp, it's all posted now. and moonlightbasin.com redirects to big sky.

upgrade prices seem fair... http://www.bigskyresort.com/the-moun...ca-season-pass
    As far as I can tell, the only upgrade available is to go full hog with the Biggest Skiing in America. There doesn't seem to be any options for Sky cards, Bronze or Silver passes, unless I read that wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    As far as I can tell, the only upgrade available is to go full hog with the Biggest Skiing in America. There doesn't seem to be any options for Sky cards, Bronze or Silver passes, unless I read that wrong.
    Here's the message I received today:

Bronze and Silver passes are valid for the dates and terrain that they were purchased for. There will not be a Bronze Biggest Skiing in America pass or a Silver Biggest Skiing in America pass. However the days that these passes are invalid they will allow you to receive $25 off our regular $99 BSIA lift ticket. If you are looking to upgrade either pass to have unlimited access to Moonlight and Big Sky you will be paying the difference between the cost of the pass you have purchased and the $1298 BSIA pass (if purchased before 10/31). With the BSIA pass you will have unlimited direct to lift all season long with no blackout dates. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us.
    Bummer, but to be expected, I guess. I'm curious how they are going to enforce that ...

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    Some sucky phone pics of some great October wiggle pow: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-5.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	716.2 KB 
ID:	142268 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-16.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	142269

Very good on ya!

I see the Frequency Cards jumped up to $179. Does that include Moonlight for that price ? Hard to justify at that price even if it does.

Does not effect me (season pass) but it does effect a bunch of my friends.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I see the Frequency Cards jumped up to $179. Does that include Moonlight for that price ? Hard to justify at that price even if it does.

Does not effect me (season pass) but it does effect a bunch of my friends.
    Based on my email and all the comments on the Big Sky Facebook page; it does not. Which is not cool. Not sure how they are really going to enforce that ...

Hey Dirtbags, a couple of things.

1. Talked to Carp today, he declined the CAIC job in the San Juan's to stay in Bozeman (near his family) and transition over to Big Sky in their Snow Safety dept. Huge bonus for Big Sky and you locals skiers. He knows how to get terrain open on time.

2. Just got back from Kellogg ID. anyone have any thoughts about Silver Mountain? Good or bad?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

The skiing isn't anything spectacular--especially coming from here--but the mountain biking is fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post

1. Talked to Carp today, he declined the CAIC job in the San Juan's to stay in Bozeman (near his family) and transition over to Big Sky in their Snow Safety dept. Huge bonus for Big Sky and you locals skiers. He knows how to get terrain open on time.

2. Just got back from Kellogg ID. anyone have any thoughts about Silver Mountain? Good or bad?
    I find a lot to like about Silver - no crowds and low key vibe, but Big Sky it is not. That said, I've had some great powder days there.

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonisgood View Post
    I find a lot to like about Silver - no crowds and low key vibe, but Big Sky it is not. That said, I've had some great powder days there.
    I've had great days there, too. But call the mountain phone: 1. is for reservations, 2. is for real estate ... only at 3. do you get the ski report.

IMO ski report should always be 1. That mountain has the wrong priorities!

I can't imagine he is still at Silver, but if John Deline (sp?) is still there, do some research. He was at Snowbowl in the 80s, some had problems with him, others did not. I got along with him just fine and had a blast.

I LOVE Silver Mountain. Spent alot of time there with our common friend.

It is no Lone Peak, but it gets hammered with pow dumps.

Best Feature = "Silver Saturdays". After the season ends they open up every Saturday as long as at least 1,000 paying customers showed up the previous Saturday. I have skied in June with that program.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Great news!

As per Silver, cool mountain but a really weird local vibe there with the residents. Laid back, but just ... different.

There is no college and no "freeride terrain" so no large influx of young people there, so the demographics sure are different than here. The mountain reminds me of a bigger east coast resort situated in a decent western snow belt... a bit like Sugarbush but with more snow.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra