Page 60 of 891 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 22273
    My thoughts exactly! Started a business 10 years ago and now it's blowing up, again. End up on a beach with blown knees surfing everyday. Dreams do come true! John C never got that one....

The Olympics will not happen here. There is no way Bozeman will out-compete Denver (hopefully).

Resorts are skiing well and stuff seems real touchy out of bounds....deep slabs in march are never a good sign.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1653952_10202131213299847_1400217673_n.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	152020

Just on the other side of the unmarked boundary, N. Summit, Lone Mountain.

Photo: T. Woodward, MLB Snow Safety
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

This is what you missed at Bridger today:

9" in less than 4 hours. Very touchy and reactive sloughing inbounds. I'd let things settle out a little before venturing too far afield...
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

MLB is going off!

Anyone want to buy the land at the base?

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com...#disqus_thread

Hopefully town has emptied out due to spring break and they'll be plenty of pow for all. Even this gimp.

Stay safe everyone. http://www.mtavalanche.com/current

Yesterday at MLB was stupid.

Fast refills, endless face shots and not a lot of competition for lines. Considering that there was no tram, not a bad day.

Another 12" on top of 8-12" from yesterday means....!

After what happened at Crystal and the continued deep slab activity around Lone Peak I wouldn't be surprised if there was no tram again today.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Need you back, dude, so they can get Headwaters open before noon on a powder day. Bit of a shitshow out there this morning. I understand there was wind loading...but noon?

Lone Tree opened at 1pm. Headwaters finally spun at 1:30. No tram and you could see the Challenger lift line from space.

Quote Originally Posted by DictatorShooter View Post
    Bit of a shitshow out there this morning.
    That's an understatement. I think today finally convinced me to stick to low tide days and forget the powder day fuckfest. And what about Swifty not loading for 30-plus minutes in the morning? Lapping Headwaters and Lone Tree in the afternoon did save the day, but everything else was depressing, especially the f'ing Challenger line in the morning. And right when I'm trying to decide whether to fork out $999 for next season...damn.

Quote Originally Posted by DictatorShooter View Post
    so they can get Headwaters open before noon on a powder day. Bit of a shitshow out there this morning. I understand there was wind loading...but noon?
    i rode jack creek yesterday (even though i could barely see it) and it was deep sluffing almost to the point of slabs. and that was yesterday around 11. bridger bowl didnt open until 10 today.. i dont think the ridge opened before 11. slushman's didnt open at all.
    Last edited by totaliboard; 03-11-2014 at 11:06 PM.
    long live the jahrator

Nothing was left..

Yesterday was ridiculous at MLB. Got out of school at 12:30, got on the slopes at 2, longest liftlines I have ever seen there. Plenty great snow left on headwaters, even then. Not opening it until 1:30 is pretty pathetic, but it worked out fine for me...

Nice spring skiing today at Bridger, but still a time to be careful. Today there was a slide somewhere north of the boundary. Ski patrol was doing the rescue, and apparently called an ambulance for a guy who was injured. Don't know the details, but as far as I heard everyone is accounted for and alive.

heard about it on the drive home. didnt see anything of note on the hill except a sheriff w his lights on..

you can see slides on every peak in the southern range.

edit: no slide- sounds like a cornice fall.
    Yesterday, two people received minor injuries (luckily) and were rescued and when a cornice broke underneath them and they tumbled about 1200 feet down slope. They were walking along the ridge north of Bridger Bowl and outside the ski area. Cornices are large now and creep during warm weather. They are unpredictable, deadly, and often break further back than you would expect. Give these monsters a wide berth.
    Last edited by totaliboard; 03-14-2014 at 07:52 AM.
    long live the jahrator

Here is a press release about the accident: http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/skier...-bowl/24967502
    On 03/13/2014, at about 1:15 p.m., the Gallatin County Sheriff’s Office received a report of an unknown number of skiers that had been caught up in an avalanche north of Bridger Bowl. Members of Sheriff’s Search and Rescue that were already on the mountain responded with Sheriff’s Deputies and were assisted by Bridger Bowl Ski Patrol.

Rescuers found one injured skier. The skier was a 32 year old male from Bozeman that had been skiing out of bounds north of Bridger Bowl in what is called the Barney Avalanche Slide Path. The skier caused the avalanche at the ridge breaking a large cornice free and landed approximately 450 yards down the hill. The skier was able to dig his way out of the snow and fellow skiers were quick to assist and alert ski patrol.

Initial rescuers located the injured male and were able to stabilize and warm him after the area was found to be safe of secondary avalanches. Rescuers moved the skier with a transport sled to the Bridger Bowl Ski Patrol building to provide further medical assistance. The skier was then turned over to AMR and transported to Bozeman Deaconess Hospital for his injuries.

Anybody know where the Barney Avy Path is? Other than north of Bridger, never heard of it.

Any slide prone area-
    skied by a fucking Barney!

Sounds like maybe he accidentally walked or skied out onto the cornice?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    Sounds like maybe he accidentally walked or skied out onto the cornice?
    Pretty sure he walked out onto a cornice before the one that actually broke. I'm not sure of where it actually is but the same friend said past the ramp and she said Pierre's Point. I have no idea of either claim but she's fairly reliable for Bridger info.
    Last edited by concretejungle; 03-14-2014 at 05:36 PM.

Hey Bunion, any idea why Hell's Half has been closed off this season, or why its crossed off the venue map for HSR? Is that due to BS management as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    Hey Bunion, any idea why Hell's Half has been closed off this season, or why its crossed off the venue map for HSR? Is that due to BS management as well?
    Hells Half has been open all week..

HSR Venue.

Good luck to all the riders/skiers tomorrow! Should be very entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by soulturn View Post
    Hells Half has been open all week..

Good luck to all the riders/skiers tomorrow! Should be very entertaining
    Oops. Guess I was looking at an older venue map. Glad to hear its open. Know if the little will be opening this season? It looks close to being ready.

I think the Little got skied yesterday.

like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!