Page 154 of 891 FirstFirst ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 22274

Thread: 2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

^^ Sweet.

Sugary wind buff off the tram today, pretty much walk-on laps. The kind of day you wish never had to end.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    ^^ Sweet.

Sugary wind buff off the tram today, pretty much walk-on laps. The kind of day you wish never had to end.
    What all was skiing good?

Lookin mighty sick. Thanks for all the great reports, pics and vibes. Kept the addiction goin one more day out there with nest.

"The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffney10 View Post
    What all was skiing good?
    Lenin, Marx, Gullies all good yesterday. Wind has been blowing all night so it could be deep up there today, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post

YASSS

Hey Tone, was that from yesterday? Winds were nuclear at my jobsite in northern bridgers 2day. Be curious what things look like by the weekend when I can finally get back out.

Nobody in Utah gives a shit when I say this, so I'll say it here: an all-time powder day at Bridger beats an all-time LLC day. 10+ years at both places, and the super light Bridger pow wall of fluff straight to the face will always beat the super deep days here. 50" of cold smoke does not equal 50" of lake effect. Wish it did though!

Good to see another BB storm deliver.

I hear ya. I left Bridger for SLC for a couple years. I had an Alta pass and loved it, but I missed Bridger's fluffy powder and mellow scene. I didn't mind how much snow LCC got though... It seemed to be either sunny or snowing hard in LLC, with storms producing 8"+ regularly. Bridger gets a lot of overcast days and 2-4" "storms." But it also gets the BBC! I'll take it.

Just getting home, yeah that was from yesterday. Winds stated to hit the ridgetop by the end of the day but not much else yet.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Al Jarreau criminal

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Nobody in Utah gives a shit when I say this, so I'll say it here: an all-time powder day at Bridger beats an all-time LLC day. 10+ years at both places, and the super light Bridger pow wall of fluff straight to the face will always beat the super deep days here. 50" of cold smoke does not equal 50" of lake effect. Wish it did though!

Good to see another BB storm deliver.
    8 years in Utah. During that time I saw some pretty good 24 hr totals but that snow last Saturday at BB is easily the deepest and lightest I have ever skied.

I remember the quality of blower bbc being a bit dependent on how hard the pack was prior. Like the 48" in 24 back around 2002 where you still scraped on some turns. Mustve been 1-2% tops.

Big Sky mags:

I am going to be in Big Sky during the last week in March and first weekend of April. It looks like it has been good up there so I am pumped. Through my limited interweb research, it does not look like there is any way to get discounted tickets at Big Sky so I thought that I would throw this out there. I have 2 half off comp tickets for Vail Resorts that I would be willing to trade for 2 comp/discount tickets to Big Sky. Mine should be valid through closing at all of the Evil Empire's resorts in Colorado (except Abasin), Utah (PCMR) , and California. They will not work at Whistler. If anybody will be at any of those places this Spring and is interested shoot me PM. Also, is there any other way to buy discounted tickets locally? Cheers.

Thought this belongs here. Just in case... You know... One of you wants to push him off the chairlift...
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Thought this belongs here. Just in case... You know... One of you wants to push him off the chairlift...
    I was looking for a partner for skiing the Big Couloir anyway!

Actually that 50" probably was lake effect...it dries out and chills as it moves up into MT! : )

Skied a Hyalite/Blackmore loop yesterday, and encountered every flavor of snow the wind can whip up, along with said wind. Things are actually filled in relatively nicely, considering the below-average snow depth.

A big thank-you to whoever cleared all the downed trees on the Blackmore trail! Also, props to whoever walked all the way out from Blackmore Lake wearing crampons.

I don't check this thread routinely since I moved to the east coast, where apparently it hits 80F during "winter." But then I fire up a browser, swing on by, and shit like this is the first thing I see. Y'all never fail to bring the stoke, keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by snowcatCO View Post

Hey ghosthop: I still have that cool growler you left in my fridge. I have not forgotten about it, I just never go to town much. Next time I go to Bozo I will return it (full !)
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

That surprise 10" yesterday was nice. It's finally game on at RLM—fully open, just in time for the last few weeks of lift-served.

You fuckers are killing me...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    That surprise 10" yesterday was nice.
    Glad you guys got hit at RL. It was nice to have a legit pow day at Big Sky too. I had a blast. Been good conditions this year but a lot of Trace-to-2" days...

Noon in the Big Open at Mount Cheese Fry, starting to get tracked...except they are all my tracks. I think I got my $20 worth this morning.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170308_144823.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	875.7 KB 
ID:	201998

Just got home from Cooke City (4 days in the Mt Zimmer yurt) and it is dumping up there. Every run was excellent, or better!

Nice! I'm headed out there saturday to ski to Red Lodge.