Page 821 of 892 FirstFirst ... 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 ... LastLast
Results 20,501 to 20,525 of 22294
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Looks deep. Should have gone skiing. Working instead. Tomorrow should still have soft scraps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 11-21-26 Lobo Gallatin National Forest Avalanche Center.png 
Views:	93 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	478589

1/2 " of h2o already. Skiing tomorrow with Bill. Hopefully it keeps snowing enough to open more terrain.
    Buddy of his left Beckman Flats to head back to JH. Took him 1 hr + to get past the Conoco and moving south.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Legit pow storm day. Snowed 3" in the first hour. Winds blasting now smoothing out the chop. Good stuff. Good seeing you yeahman!

Whitefish opening day...40F in town with a bit of rain, but a bit of snow overnight up top and a bit more falling during the day.
    Got a few good turns in before going back to work. Knocked out my first double eject of the season when I went over a little roller on the side of the run and buried my tips into the loose pile of unpacked snow that was right behind it!

Downloads only today down the front side. Wonder how long it is gonna be before they can actually open anything up on the lower mountain because there's noticeably less snow there than there was 4 days ago...

Name:	IMG_2645.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	177.4 KB 
ID:	478620

I think chair 3 might be the sleeper winner today. It was in clear skies, no lines, with lots of man-made snow that looked to be skiing like spring conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Careful what you wish for. The Whitefish summit snow-cam is currently a picture of a puddle. 34° and raining hard at the summit right now.

I saw something saying that the Libby area was supposed to get up to 5" of rain today and tomorrow. Turner's gonna be in rough shape.
    Turner just like, doesn’t exist most years anymore- save for a few weeks each winter where the stars align. They are the lowest elevation area in the state and probably going to be the first to go.

The amount of dense snow really helped out with the base and patrol opened up a few more spots along the open trails and finally Elk Park Ridge is open.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Legit pow storm day. Snowed 3" in the first hour. Winds blasting now smoothing out the chop. Good stuff. Good seeing you yeahman!

Things are going GREAT in Missoula right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Things are going GREAT in Missoula right now.

Golf course open in December, wow. Yeah, looks amazing

Not too bad for a phone photo from the house this evening. 3 images merged. I need to get some real glass for my actual camera.

Name:	20231207_161716-Pano.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	478644

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Yeah good seeing you byates. Fun to remember what skiing untracked powder feels like, those first couple laps were really sweet. Keep it coming Ullr, the mountain def needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Not too bad for a phone photo from the house this evening. 3 images merged. I need to get some real glass for my actual camera.

Name:	20231207_161716-Pano.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	478644
    Was a good one

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Turner just like, doesn’t exist most years anymore- save for a few weeks each winter where the stars align. They are the lowest elevation area in the state and probably going to be the first to go.
    Yeah, it's tough over there.

Although Turner summit is only ~500 feet below the top of schweitzer, and ~800 below whitefish. A lot of areas are gonna be pretty borderline in 15-20 years.

In other news, Whitefish opened today. Considering 1.5" of rain fell on the summit earlier this week, things were not quite as bad as I expected. But the base area is looking pretty rough - it's gonna be a bit before much of anything on the frontside is open.

$100 BNIB to a maggot. Taking up space in my garage.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Way to go WRG helping out a mag! Holiday spirit lives.

In the spirit of giving today Swimmy and his sidekick Mr T were lead to my powder stash without ducking any ropes. It was good seeing Swimmy, meeting Mr T and taking a diversion from "Mr K all day."

Wish I had known you were about.
    Screamer deal, too small for my fat tugboats.

1st rate sliding today, caught the rope drop to Silver Knife and got 3 decent runs dodging the Christmas decorations, pretty well skied up after 4. Elk Park was well covered but a bit rough, going to be interesting with more people on it, its not very wide but it invites speed, you go off the WROD to the infield and it was bare ground before the recent snow. Ran into a man in black who said depending on control results, Challenger on a limited basis tomorrow is a possibility. Be real careful getting to the bottom. Parking lots were pretty full today but the trails were not that crowded. Cold, snowy and blustery.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Wish I had known you were about.
    Screamer deal, too small for my fat tugboats.

1st rate sliding today, caught the rope drop to Silver Knife and got 3 decent runs dodging the Christmas decorations, pretty well skied up after 4. Elk Park was well covered but a bit rough, going to be interesting with more people on it, its not very wide but it invites speed, you go off the WROD to the infield and it was bare ground before the recent snow. Ran into a man in black who said depending on control results, Challenger on a limited basis tomorrow is a possibility. Be real careful getting to the bottom. Parking lots were pretty full today but the trails were not that crowded. Cold, snowy and blustery.
    Cool you got Silver Knife, I was a bit surprised to see that open on the website.

I thought the same about Elk Park Ridge being so narrow. Going off the edge at high speed would be like a brutal mountain bike wreck, ouch.

Challenger tomorrow?! I'm not a big proponent of "rock skis" at Big Sky, but that sounds like a situation where rock skis might actually be warranted lol.

The Silver Knife thing was classic BSSP. They opened a gate in the middle of a long rope line and took down the closed sign and replaced it with a Caution Thin Cover sign that could have been for anywhere so you kind of had to know it was open for the 1st 30 minutes or so. Lots of people just skiing past that opening not knowing it was open.

By the time I left it was getting pretty beat.

Haha that's awesome. People always ski by Silver Knife anyway. It's my go-to for still fresh tracks by third lap on a pow day.

Bummed I missed the silver knife rope drop. Had to walk back to work like a chump. The fringe of Ambush was fun to play on this morning though!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1st photo is sick!!! Skiing good to 4pm. Stoked to be back on the natural snow. Open Challenger up baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stocking stuffer F/S, great for someone's backcountry kit:

Kestrel 3500. Used, looks to be a 2019 model. F2F in the BZN/Gallatin valley $75.

Name:	PXL_20231209_002907632.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	764.9 KB 
ID:	478788

Name:	PXL_20231209_002957359.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	888.8 KB 
ID:	478789

Name:	PXL_20231209_002837559.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	920.5 KB 
ID:	478790

Yep, BS website says Challenger. Be real interested to hear the report.

Bridger Bowl daily video from yesterday was interesting. Lotsa monoskiing. At least they're open.

Best thing for it. Get the younger and more willing folks to go out and define the current boundaries.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Yep, BS website says Challenger. Be real interested to hear the report.

Bridger Bowl daily video from yesterday was interesting. Lotsa monoskiing. At least they're open.
    I know that dude in the mono ski, he’s becoming one of those fixtures of the BBowl crowd.

He currently lives in a small RV after his landlord sold the house he was renting in Bozeman. Dude makes money, just not enough to feasibly rent in town anymore. I know he goes to the Bozeman hot springs for his showers now.