Bellevue mags - El Gaucho or Pearl for business dinner?

Anyone from Seattle/Bellevue have a recommendation either way? I was really hoping to get into Sea Star, but it's booked, so it looks like our options are El Gaucho or Pearl. Which would you suggest for a business dinner? We're taking clients out, so we'd like a place with a noise level that allows for conversation. Cost is not the deciding factor -- more about food quality and fun.

Which would you pick? Most of the other spots we considered aren't available on our dates, so it's basically between those two.

Between those two I'd probably suggest el gaucho but I still wouldn't consider either of them my first choice.

Can't you make it to seattle? For all the money floating around bellevue the food isn't nearly up to par.

Check out palomino for food and quiet enough to talk, maybe purple for more of a fun vibe but still good food and noise level?

edit: never actually been to purple in bellevue, basing that recommendation off of woodinville and kirkland experiences. Speaking of which, can you make it to kirkland or woodinville?
    Last edited by Phill; 12-12-2011 at 07:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Thanks Phil. Out of curiosity, what would be your first choice?

Other spots we looked into (that weren't available/didn't seem like they would work well):
    -John Howie's
    -Daniel's
    -Seastar
    -Bis on Main
    -Andiamo (not great reviews)
    -Tosano's (maybe not a great atmosphere)
    Is there anything else you would suggest checking out?

Edited my first post.
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post

Other spots we looked into (that weren't available/didn't seem like they would work well):
    -John Howie's
    -Daniel's
    -Seastar
    -Bis on Main
    That pretty much covers the spread for bellevue.

Hugh Conway Guest
    El Gaucho is horribly overpriced for what you get. It's the "blowing money to convince someone you are blowing money on them" choice

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    El Gaucho is horribly overpriced for what you get. It's the "blowing money to convince someone you are blowing money on them" choice
    Yeah, I kind of get that impression from reading the menu -- I've never been to one, here or there. Just can't get in anywhere else with our group.

go to the bellevue club's fancy restaurant on the hotel side. it is called polaris and is very good food in a quiet setting.
    bobbyf

India Gate in Eastgate.

Whatever you do, do not go to Aqua by El Guacho. Had a meal there the other night and it was terrible. Food was swimming in heavy handed sauces, piano dude was basically playing shitty jazz versions of 80's songs and the decor is like a bad cruise ship. Most of the entrees were around 65 bones.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    piano dude was basically playing shitty jazz versions of 80's songs and the decor is like a bad cruise ship.
    http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81459498

Cafe Juanita in Kirkland is pretty good. I'd go there before anyplace in Bellevue. And it's not too far from those other places.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post

-John Howie's
    -Daniel's
    -Seastar
    -Bis on Main
    I do a fair bit of client entertaining in Beellvue and here's my take:
    -John Howie's - this is primo, way outclasses Daniels
    -Daniel's - good, not great, strong on wine and has a kick ass back room if you have 8 or more
    -Seastar - unimpressed, sure you want sea food in the sound area, but this is not awesome
    -Bis on Main - a sleeper that should get more credit than it does, a little small, but the staff and food are on par with Daniels for far less money
    -Andiamo (not great reviews) - haven't been
    -Tosano's (maybe not a great atmosphere) - haven't been

Honestly, if you can't get in at a great place and the clients are important (not knowing your business and/or budget) get a car service to Seattle and spend less on dinner at a better place. The client service component of taking them to dinner and spoiling them a bit is enhanced by a limo ride, plus you'll have your captive audience, and there's less drink-driver worries.
    another Handsome Boy graduate

Man you guys have some good restaurants out there.

And fuck a limo ride. I have better things to do than ride when I could be eating.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum Pete View Post
    I do a fair bit of client entertaining in Beellvue and here's my take:
    -John Howie's - this is primo, way outclasses Daniels
    -Daniel's - good, not great, strong on wine and has a kick ass back room if you have 8 or more
    -Seastar - unimpressed, sure you want sea food in the sound area, but this is not awesome
    -Bis on Main - a sleeper that should get more credit than it does, a little small, but the staff and food are on par with Daniels for far less money
    -Andiamo (not great reviews) - haven't been
    -Tosano's (maybe not a great atmosphere) - haven't been

Honestly, if you can't get in at a great place and the clients are important (not knowing your business and/or budget) get a car service to Seattle and spend less on dinner at a better place. The client service component of taking them to dinner and spoiling them a bit is enhanced by a limo ride, plus you'll have your captive audience, and there's less drink-driver worries.
    Thats the list of places that he's already ruled out... I've been to Bis on main 3 times over the years, once was really good, other 2 times just average.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    go to the bellevue club's fancy restaurant on the hotel side. it is called polaris and is very good food in a quiet setting.
    bobbyf
    I've heard several good recommendations for this place. Could be worth checking out.