Page 5 of 191 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    The line for 2 was so colossal that I just picked at lower mtn scraps all day, which were pretty good. The good witch of the east kept everything snow, though certainly nowhere near as light as earlier in the week. Colder as the day went on, as predicted.

Kevino: Snake Dance and Elevator have been mostly open for the past couple days and have skied well, sometimes extremely well. High traverse hasn't been open since last weekend.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Quiet crowd on Thurs was treated to 6-9" new on a slight frozen rain crust which more pronounced up high and almost nonexistent down low. Gift day really. Elevator opened @1pm and stability was bomber, only the top layer was sloughing and the steeps skied amazing, so stupid fast that it felt like we were inside a video game.

21F and another 4-5" since 2 closed yesterday. C'mon East Wind....
    Yeah, it was a great morning.

Until a couple stupid as fuck parents decided to have a pow wow with their TAS racer kids at the immediate bottom of the Ch. 2 unload ramp. I was angled to cruise around them, and they decided to take off right in front of me without bothering to so much as even look over their shoulder to see if there was anyone coming. I made the mistake of aborting instead of bowling over the idiots. I guess, I didn't feel like taking out a 13 year old girl, regardless of how much of an idiot she was. Possible season ender for me. Dislocated my knee. Have to get an MRI to see how much damage I did. Last time it happened doc said if it happened again I needed to have knee replacement surgery.

It's really unfortunate how many people can't understand such a basic concept as clearing the unload ramp. They weren't in the runout. They were stopped right at the bottom of the wood. Amazing.

On a positive note, your kids rip.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    Yeah, it was a great morning.

Until a couple stupid as fuck parents decided to have a pow wow with their TAS racer kids at the immediate bottom of the Ch. 2 unload ramp. I was angled to cruise around them, and they decided to take off right in front of me without bothering to so much as even look over their shoulder to see if there was anyone coming. I made the mistake of aborting instead of bowling over the idiots. I guess, I didn't feel like taking out a 13 year old girl, regardless of how much of an idiot she was. Possible season ender for me. Dislocated my knee. Have to get an MRI to see how much damage I did. Last time it happened doc said if it happened again I needed to have knee replacement surgery.

It's really unfortunate how many people can't understand such a basic concept as clearing the unload ramp. They weren't in the runout. They were stopped right at the bottom of the wood. Amazing.

On a positive note, your kids rip.
    Really sorry to hear that. I hope you get good news from the doctor. Heal up and I hope you get back out there this year. Vibes...

fucking sucks dude esp. since i have made it my mission to clear the ramp.
    self preservation from here on out for you dbs etiquettesmediquette
    bobby

Thanks Andy. Went back to work thursday night so I haven't been able to stick around long enough for them to open it up before I go to sleep.

It was snowing pretty good this afternoon when I left for work again. This week has been amazing, and the next few days look great as well. I'll you guys in line tuesday morning.

please no lines on tuesday, everyone go back to schoolnwork.
    shouldn't be as flooded today with gapers i think?
    bobby

i was wrong about the flood

little sun on the seats right now

Who will be there in the morning?

I'll be there
    there is powder out there, and it ain't gonna find you

https://powaholic.blogspot.com/

Have a buddy that is coming back to visit his home, wondering if there are any deals for day pass at alpy for him? Or if anyone has a day pass to sell?

nice handle, wish i could help you.

i was riding up the chair this morning and at 9:30 saw nobody else around. having elevator open at 9:00 just disperses the whole crowd, i mean all 50 people just disappeared into the trees not emerging till around 11:00 when there was a few more folks warming those seats.
    never a line
    great snow till 2
    elevator rode well
    bobby

raining at the top tonite, warm warm blow away

This morning was so great. Very nice snow, absoluetly no crowds. Just me and my skis.

Hopefully tomorrow morning will be suprisingly good as well. I'll be in a red jacket if anyone wants to say hi.

hey kev, saw you briefly as chairs were loading, by the time i was on 2 i forgot. snow situation overloaded my memory. nice session at alpental.
    today not so much i think because of overnite temps and the 120+ mph wind that spun those seats sideways last nite.
    wind averages at 50+ tend to be miserable.
    well see
    bobby

Nash will be filled in, the question is, with what?
    The trees were all laden with snow yesterday, this morning they are bare.

i want someone else to crack the crust today, my ankles hurt from the last time we had to crush nash crust.

still waiting

Alpy was great yesterday
    there is powder out there, and it ain't gonna find you

https://powaholic.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    Dislocated my knee..
    sucks, dude. PM me if you need a ref for a knee surgeon in seattle. My wife had a knee replacement two years ago, great guy and she's been ripping it up the past 2 winters.

The padded seats on Chair 2 had an ice crust on them first thing when they started loading at about 10:30 ~ 11.

There is a crust, but it's not like the ice of last Wednesday.
    This was more of a carvable hard surface about 2 ~ 3" deep with a thin ice layer at the bottom. It went top to bottom.
    Snow form this morning was filling in nice and it skied OK if you let them run flat however it tapered off at about 12:00pm...
    Hopefully more is on the way, the way it stands now we could use at least another 6".

ACH,

It looks like we're well on our way to another 6+" currently, no? You going in the morning?

I would say that's about right, probably a bit more if we are lucky, now that it's started to snow again.
    As of now I'm planning to ski in the morning, though I have lowish expectations.

lowish expectations has begun to serve me well leaving less room for disappointment.
    at least i shouldn't need a wind block tomorrow i hope,
    that is my lowish expectation
    till then
    bobby