Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    It is a Protest on a diet, right? How about calling it Hunger Strike?

Occupy Anorexia?
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

O.B.

Occupy Backcountry.

The ski for the 99%

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    It is a Protest on a diet, right?
    Talking about dieting, any educated guesses on weight?

Just got an email back from Keith saying it looks like he is going to be able to build both lengths.
    Hooray to some 196's with the pow board graphic!
    Drink to remember not to forget!
    Fourisight Wines

Quote Originally Posted by Onward View Post
    Talking about dieting, any educated guesses on weight?
    Nothing firm yet, but looking at the current Praxis offerings, I'd guess 8.5#-9# for the 187. Seems like some of it will depend on whether you choose the lightweight backcountry topsheet. Not DPS pure light, but not DPS pure cost either.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Is the Backcountry topsheet lighter than the others? I could deal with topo to shave some weight.

That's what it says on the website. The weights in the PDF specs seem to confirm this, though somebody in the know can confirm this.

I agree: I really like the BPS graphics, but I'll probably go with the backcountry topsheet if it saves weight.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

sorry if this has been decided already and I just missed it, but what was the final decision on the dimensions?

I'm in if it's 112-115 underfoot but 110 I prolly won't do.

Thanks,

toby
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

I believe it was decided to go -15?

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Just got done emailing Keith.

Price for the skis will be $540 merikkan. That includes the carbon, the same badass construction that Praxis is known for (that somehow still gets better every year), and a January finish date.

That's a pretty awesome deal in my opinion. And if you're playing hacky sack with what I've been dropping in this thread, then you know you'll have a ski that's better for the given application in several key areas, than anything else out there right now. If you're not familiar with Keith's flex patterns, the best way to describe them is 'just about right'. They're not unwieldy planks, they're not noodles, they're a good example of a solid medium flex that holds up to damping out chatter while still conforming to input in tight places. Think progressive flex dynastars without the weight. Oh yeah......I've still never picked up a Praxis ski that I thought wasn't insanely light for its size. All of this is part of the reason I wanted this ski to come from the Praxis shop. If you know anybody with a pair of any model, go check them out. I'm not a gram counter so that's as scientific as I'm going to get with the weight estimation. If you get them and have ANY complaints about the weight, I'll be extremely surprised. Remember.....I'm using these exclusively for hiking. Keith might be able to give you a close estimate, but no one knows for sure yet since it doesn't exist.

The size is going to be -15 all around off the current model. That's the 124-113-117 version. Keith said he's had a handful of people that are interested in a 196/197 email him. He's down to do a run if there is enough interest. The 187 is definitely happening based on the PMs I've gotten and some of the interest here.

What that means at this point: If you're down with the idea, and want a pair, go ahead and shoot Keith an email (keith<at>praxisskis{dot}com). Even if you've told me you want a pair, make sure you send him an email. Rather than me jockey around the interest, it's just easier to go straight to the source if you're ready to commit. He's expecting it.

Since everyone is taking kind of a chance on this idea, I really want everyone to know what they're getting and what to expect. If ANYTHING comes up as far as changes I'll speak up.

Thanks a bunch for all the interest y'all! Can't wait to ski on this thing.

found it. thanks.

props to Kidwoo and Keith for doing this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Just got done emailing Keith.

Price for the skis will be $540 merikkan. That includes the carbon, the same badass construction that Praxis is known for (that somehow still gets better every year), and a January finish date.

That's a pretty awesome deal in my opinion. And if you're playing hacky sack with what I've been dropping in this thread, then you know you'll have a ski that's better for the given application in several key areas, than anything else out there right now. If you're not familiar with Keith's flex patterns, the best way to describe them is 'just about right'. They're not unwieldy planks, they're not noodles, they're a good example of a solid medium flex that holds up to damping out chatter while still conforming to input in tight places. Think progressive flex dynastars without the weight. Oh yeah......I've still never picked up a Praxis ski that I thought wasn't insanely light for its size. All of this is part of the reason I wanted this ski to come from the Praxis shop. If you know anybody with a pair of any model, go check them out. I'm not a gram counter so that's as scientific as I'm going to get with the weight estimation. If you get them and have ANY complaints about the weight, I'll be extremely surprised. Remember.....I'm using these exclusively for hiking. Keith might be able to give you a close estimate, but no one knows for sure yet since it doesn't exist.

The size is going to be -15 all around off the current model. That's the 124-113-117 version. Keith said he's had a handful of people that are interested in a 196/197 email him. He's down to do a run if there is enough interest. The 187 is definitely happening based on the PMs I've gotten and some of the interest here.

What that means at this point: If you're down with the idea, and want a pair, go ahead and shoot Keith an email (keith<at>praxisskis{dot}com). Even if you've told me you want a pair, make sure you send him an email. Rather than me jockey around the interest, it's just easier to go straight to the source if you're ready to commit. He's expecting it.

Since everyone is taking kind of a chance on this idea, I really want everyone to know what they're getting and what to expect. If ANYTHING comes up as far as changes I'll speak up.

Thanks a bunch for all the interest y'all! Can't wait to ski on this thing.

Sizing and pricing from page 6

Just looking at the praxis line up their offerings in terms of graphics are all pretty dark but the BPS topsheet seems light enough and original in its own right. Still want the standard "eats rocks alive black bases" that are on every other model except the BPS. These things will take a beating so the bomber bases are a must.

Black bases.....tough as ever, with the praxis inset logo.

Other than the powder RX and mtn jib, all of the topsheets are pretty light color in person. Even the concepts aren't that 'dark'.

Freeride looks the lightest, color-wise. Backcountry pretty close.

I'll be pretty (very) surprised if a pair weighs too much over 8lbs.

Well my sales are up. Bindings, Inserts and skins are ready to got. Soon as this baby is pressed and shipped touring season is in real swing. Been cool to see this idea go from discussion to the real deal in 8 days (in terms of TGR discussion). Woohoo. Props Kidwoo for pushing it and getting Keith on board because looking back he seems to have delivered the ski I asked for on day 1 asked for on day one.

I Want A protest but like 112 under foot light carbon layup. It can be a twintip but just cut off the last 20mm of the tail like the new Pontoon to make attaching skins easier. My Protest does not fit in Euro skin tracks!!! The ski above in the 187-192cm range prefect touring ski!!
    I mean I am pissed about the extra 1mm but stoked on the length,light weight and the notch for skins.

This thing might be the death of my quiver.

Trust me.........this idea is WAY more than just a few weeks old.

Pretty cool. Don't have the funds, but still fun to see this develop. Kidwoo, claim that shit. Call it the Wootest and make it your pseudo-promodel. Oh. And everyone better post some pictures when they receive them.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrenchMoose View Post
    Pretty cool. Don't have the funds, but still fun to see this develop. Kidwoo, claim that shit. Call it the Wootest and make it your pseudo-promodel. Oh. And everyone better post some pictures when they receive them.
    Keep an eye on blister gear review over the next month.

Unfortunately I'm not getting payed til the end of january/early february or I'd be on this. I will be watching to see how all of you like them though.

This looks cool. Already unloaded my brand new MJ's to a buddy to get in line for these. Didn't even ski them. Wootest is good......or maybe The ProTeen.....?
    "You're young and you got your health, what do you want with a job?"

How about the Protestito?
    Aggressive in my own mind

name it after the thread:
    praxis:233926

So no chance to get them sexy 2010(?) mammoth Powder Boards topsheets? :/

I'd REALLY like to see Kid's name on this thing, too. Names are important.

In conversation with KW, I just keep calling this ski the Woo, hoping it will stick.

the Woo.
    the Praxis Woo.

Right?

I'd also be down with the Praxis Mini Pro, which would be a veiled homage to a guy who once described himself as a "stocky, pissed off chihuahua."

Finally, KW's surname actually works pretty well, too....

Trust me.........this idea is WAY more than just a few weeks old.
    I am not talking about the Idea in general. It took you 8 days for enough mags to come together saying they are interested in such a ski. Now 9 days later you got Keith on board to make a production run of them.

I have always been of the opinion that Ideas aint worth shit till you make something out of them. This was a cool idea that you have had in your mind but did not realise there might be 20 other people thinking the same thing. Now because of you getting after Keith and TGR showing there is enough demand for a production run of them. Keith is gettin' er done!!! Im super stoked. If I get these things by say the 1st-12th of Febuary fits perfectly into big touro season.

The topic of shape, width and weight comes up all the time when skiers talk about their skis. Cool thing about this time was that TGR unlike big corps trying to make skis for the masses said we do not give a shit if the thing rails. Groomer performance takes a back seat. People got to express what the wanted, some skinner and some fatter but seems like we agreed on a pretty neutral width and length options in the end. Which is cool.

Love this thread, nice work Kidwoo! This is exactly why we decided to go with Keith for our OEM builds as well.

WooTest is an excellent choice...btw.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan