Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    and you get to choose your topsheet from any of the current protest graphics.
    Do you mean any of the current Praxis graphics?

Yeah yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry.

Damit... I really wanted this week to be deal or no deal... now there is a chance to beg borrow and steal my way into a pair of these.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Yeah yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry.
    That's killer! Love those BPS topsheets!

I'm with Moose on this one. I was thinkin' ok, gotta decide right now, no monies right now, c'est la vie. Now you go and tell me I've got some time. *stalks off to the basement to see what can be sold*.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Pit View Post
    Damit... I really wanted this week to be deal or no deal... now there is a chance to beg borrow and steal my way into a pair of these.
    For sure! they are looking more and more sexy

you've got three weeks, and then you'll be able to order them direct from the site.
    Good work kidwoo

Quote Originally Posted by foreal View Post
    ninja BC rig
    is that a name idea? ha ha

all joking aside it would be cool if he named it after the TGR Powder Maggots like the Mang or the Mag or the BC Mag? Thoughts?
    Last edited by TheDon; 12-13-2011 at 01:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Camber tweak details? Come on this is tech talk.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Camber tweak details? Come on this is tech talk.
    If you like the old protests, you'll like these. The new and old ones are just a tad different (barely noticeable, it took me a while). The tail on the new ones is just a tad less splayed. I like the old setup better.

it would be cool if he named it after the TGR Powder Maggots like the Mang or the Mag or the BC Mag?
    Those suck.

This is the WOOTEST yo!!!

What sizes have we agreed on again? 187 and a 196?

Ha Ha. That's actually good.

You deserve the props. It's your baby.

I like it. Also, somebody in the Praxis thread called them the "Kidwoo Special," which I also kinda like.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyJim View Post
    I'll be getting a 187
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyJim View Post
    I assume we'll have the same sizes as the current Protest (187, 196) so the same press can be used. Sounds like the 187 is a definite at this point, while the 196 may need some more people interested.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Just so i get this right: No need to email Keith anymore, just wait until january 1st and order directly from the praxis homepage?

greetings

If you're interested in the 196, please email Keith. We don't have enough folks - at least as of last Sat.

Dude so I am in.... Already in the process of selling shit just wanted to see if any Euro mags are interested. Means we could save on shipping and what not. PM me as not to jack this thread. I am in Salzburg and or Innsbruck. Shipping to DE is usually easier and then just pick em up from somewhere like logox.

emailed keith on the longer one Sunday. How many more do we need?

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Pit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Westslope View Post
    That's killer! Love those BPS topsheets!

I'm with Moose on this one. I was thinkin' ok, gotta decide right now, no monies right now, c'est la vie. Now you go and tell me I've got some time. *stalks off to the basement to see what can be sold*.
    Me too. I don't have the cash now but...

I already had a gear swap thread but I'll sell shit on CL if needed. Toss a sollyfit on them and call it good. Damn it now what else can I sell for new ski boots.

I've been lurking on this thread for a while and think its awesome that Keith is making this happen. Always been super impressed with every pair of Praxis I've picked up. I'm on the EC and have been interested in a CJish shape for an awesome soft snow tree ski for a while but was always worried they'd be too soft. I completely agree that you don't need a 138 in this shape to have awesome float and I think it's personally overkill for me even on the deepest days. I don't really tour all that much so I'm sure this excludes 90% of the mags interested in this ski so my only worries would be ice skating around on 100cm of effective edge. Had a pair of rev/rev and the survivability on the firm always sketched me out but I know the Protest was designed with that in mind. Gonna need to sit on it a few days.

Would go 196 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Munichskier View Post
    Just so i get this right: No need to email Keith anymore, just wait until january 1st and order directly from the praxis homepage?
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Also, somebody in the Praxis thread called them the "Kidwoo Special,"
    Oh god, that's horrible. If it even involves me at all, I'd have to say it needs to at least give a nod to the sick piece of work that it's based off of. This isn't a new design, just a variation on the good work of Tabke and Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    Would go 196 as well.
    Keith made it sound like it was almost even between requests for the sizes in the emails he'd gotten. Just order which ever size you want when the time comes. As long as everyone doesn't flake out and lose interest, it sounds like it won't be a problem with either size.

FWIW, he said 80% of the emails he'd gotten were all return praxis customers. For those not familiar with the brand that should speak for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    my only worries would be ice skating around on 100cm of effective edge. Had a pair of rev/rev and the survivability on the firm always sketched me out but I know the Protest was designed with that in mind. Gonna need to sit on it a few days.
    World cup slalom skis don't have much more effective edge than that (granted 113vs65mm waist).

The problem with most "short contact" rockered skis is that they're softer than Elton John at Hooters. I could never understand this as adding the rocker is like pre de-cambering the ski for float. Since it's already de-cambered make that sucker stiff! I have hand flexed DPS 112RP's which by all accounts rip on groomers. Guess what, big time rocker and taper front and back but nice and stiff in the contact area.

With the relatively narrow waist on the Kidwoo specials/Wootests, and Praxis's aversion for anything soft flexing, I can see these being pretty passable on hardpack.

I always liked the looks of the Protest but ski mainly inbounds in the Canadian Rockies (we don't get a shit ton of snow). These are looking like a good option for occasional powder but mostly inbounds crud and chunder. I never ski hardpack intentionally but it would still be nice to have something not so arsehole clenching as a noodly full reverse on traverses and heading back to the lift.

prototest ?

Kidwoo's walking ski, the wooker.

FWIW, he said 80% of the emails he'd gotten were all return praxis customers. For those not familiar with the brand that should speak for itself.
    Straight truth.

Ok, ok, you all have twisted my arm. I'm down for a pair of 187.
    "... when I turn, I just hope it hits me in the face."--Shroder Baker/Under the Influence

I just wanted to comment on one thing for those that have not skied/seen Praxis' stuff; they are some of (or THE) best built boards I've been on.

I've had the opportunity to ski almost every major brand and indie out there (within reason---stateside that is). If Praxis isn't the most bomber board, it certainly is in the top three out there. I know I had hesitation when I was ordering my first pair some 5 years ago but just wanted to qualm anyone's first time buyer woos. I'd say the worst thing about Praxis is their website! Ha.