Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyJim View Post
    This should have more rocker, more taper and less sidecut than the Hoji...I'm at least 99% sure of the first two points (unsure on sidecut call)
    Sounds good. I'm all about the more taper. Spatula like taper. Should be a fun ski. Can't wait. Need some snow, now!
    "... when I turn, I just hope it hits me in the face."--Shroder Baker/Under the Influence

Quote Originally Posted by sqikunst View Post
    The BPS has a pretty cool graphic as well though. OOh decisions, decisions, decisions!!
    I have seen the BPS graphic in person and it looks really really good!
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

So where are teh Euro boys at... Winter = Awesome so far and seems to be getting better by the week. Preaching about the refresh.

I want these and am going to be ordering a pair. Any Euro mags thinking about hopping on this deal while it is available. Order date is 1st Jan as has been stated but getting skis shipped together can save some moolah. Anyone interested i.e munichskier just shoot me a PM and we can figure something out. Going to probably send mine to Freilassing but if there are any swiss mags willing give a shout out!!

Cheers

One week left........

What do y'alls think of these/this?
    (Blue is my fave)

Ooooh light color.......sheds snow!!

make them look just like a yellow DPS ski, replace their graphics with "wootest" and "praxis"

Inspired by this?

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

sorry bro, do not like.

not into driving a yellow taxi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    sorry bro, do not like.

not into driving a yellow taxi.
    It's not madatory, just something I want to get for my own skis. You'll still be able to get any current praxis graphic.

Get it? Taxi? Backcountry? Access......... Tough crowd.

It's more a throwback to a custom graphic I wanted on a longboard years ago. The guy doing the shaping was a princess and talked me out of it. He was selling me the board for really cheap so just dealt with 'classic longboard styling'.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsdesk View Post
    make them look just like a yellow DPS ski, replace their graphics with "wootest" and "praxis"
    Definitely not.

cool. I love the classic racer yellow look, reminds me of old atomic ARC skis, but the checker down the middle kinda make it look cheap or something.

one question I'm a little confused on; Can we get any of the graphics printed on the lightweight nylon top sheet, or just the topo print that's on the BC boards?

edit: I love the praxis topsheets but they have to do a better job at putting their brand name on the ski. I can't tell you how many times people ask me who makes my praxis PB with the sunset topsheet. people love them, think they look great but kinda a marketing fail
    get paid

Yeah I agree, which is why I want the praxis big and legible on mine.

I'm not positive but I got the impression that you could get any graphic on the lightweight topsheet......... I'll double check.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    I'm not positive but I got the impression that you could get any graphic on the lightweight topsheet......... I'll double check.
    That would be awesome. I heard those topsheets shed snow better
    get paid

That would be awesome. I heard those topsheets shed snow better
    The weight of those topsheets will make the difference between you enjoying a day of skiing and dying a cold lonely death in the wilderness........devoid of the necessary strength to make it home.

BPS graphic + lightweight topsheet = win.

Props again to kidwoo for making this happen.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

edit: I love the praxis topsheets but they have to do a better job at putting their brand name on the ski. I can't tell you how many times people ask me who makes my praxis PB with the sunset topsheet. people love them, think they look great but kinda a marketing fail
    It's the font. Most ski companies have a consistent font across their product line. Even if it doesn't jive with the graphic. The word Bro is instantly recognizable on all pm gear skis. I've had people on chairlifts ask me about "these Bro skis I've seen around here lately".

Think about Arcteryx, or Marmot, or Patagonia, or TGR. You can see the font in your head, right? Plus some brands have a symbol too like Black Diamond, or Rossignol, or Atomic, or ON3P (this year). None of that is fluke.

If I knew Keith personally, that would be my advice to him. Pick a font (my favorite is the font on the bases) and stick with it.
    Last edited by pisteoff; 12-30-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Inspired by this?

Not gonna lie.

Yeah a little.

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    It's the font. Most ski companies have a consistent font across their product line. Even if it doesn't jive with the graphic. The word Bro is instantly recognizable on all pm gear skis. I've had people on chairlifts ask me about "these Bro skis I've seen around here lately".

Think about Arcteryx, or Marmot, or Patagonia, or TGR. You can see the font in your head, right? Plus some brands have a symbol too like Black Diamond, or Rossignol, or Atomic, or ON3P (this year). None of that is fluke.

If I knew Keith personally, that would be my advice to him. Pick a font (my favorite is the font on the bases) and stick with it.
    Trust me.....not a new topic among those who know him.

Just a few days for those serious enough to be paying attention to this any more. Assuming winter eventually happens, it's about time to make this thing a reality. Sell your kids, sell a kidney......sell the kids' kidneys. The buy option is coming soon.

My first Praxis were the camo first gen skis. I loved that they were matte. It never chipped or scratched. I wish we could get that again. I don't care for the camo but the matte bullet proof stuff is 2nd to none.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    My first Praxis were the camo first gen skis. I loved that they were matte. It never chipped or scratched. I wish we could get that again. I don't care for the camo but the matte bullet proof stuff is 2nd to none.
    OK, a bit OT, but... Current Powder Boards and Protests ( specifically) are a super tough uhmw matte... Not sure if it is the exact same, but it appears beyond bomber.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    I have a pair of those, its not just the tops that are bomber. I suspect my pows are going to be kicking around and kicking ass when/if I have kids

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I have a pair of those, its not just the tops that are bomber. I suspect my pows are going to be kicking around and kicking ass when/if I have kids
    For sure, they are indestructible-ish.
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

The newer praxis top sheets are nothing to stress over, that's for sure. The one area where there was a little trouble was in getting the edges to keep from chipping. I have some too from that 'era'. They're much better now.

Happy new year, let's buy some skis.

When does the buy function go up and for how long??

Quote Originally Posted by sqikunst View Post
    When does the buy function go up and for how long??
    1+ This whole deal has me really excited and it gave me time to get the CA$H together.

Can't wait...When?

When When When??