Denver Mags - Suggestion for Orthopedic Doc?

Any Denver mags know of a good orthopedic doc?
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Dr. David Schnieder of conrerstone orthopedic did my knee. I liked the guy, he was straight forwrd with me, layed out the options, and let me choose what I thougt was best.

Thanks, Gorms. I dig their website. Good information on there. I am going to the a doc here in Denver on Thursday. Hopefully the news is good and I don't have anyting seriously wrong with my knee. This guy is not under my insurance so if I do need surgery, I can't use him!
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

I just got a hamstring graft done by Dr. David Oster of Denver-Vail Orthopedics. I like him because he is strightforward no-nonsense and he has 2 offices and one happens to be really close to my work. I have never had to wait in the office for more than 10 minutes. Always in and out...very convenoent. And it seems like the surgury went well, but it was only 2 days ago. He is pretty progressive in terms of getting you back on your feet. He told me that I was allowed to walk without crutches as soon as I felt comfortable.

Bumping this old thread for add'l recs for a great orthopedic surgeon in denver/boulder to do an acl reconstruction.

Any thoughts on the best docs in this area and/or if it is worth considering using someone in vail or the mtns instead of the frontrange?

Some recs not mentioned here I have seen are: Dr. Andrew Parker (Orthopedic Assocs.), Dr. Eric McCarty (Boulder SPorts Med), Dr. Eric Stahl (Panorama Ortho), Dr. Cunningham (vail-summit ortho). There are so many docs that do knee surgery so I figured I'd see what those with experience in denver/boulder can recommend.

Thanks in advance!

My coworker just had his PCL surgery by a Doc in Boulder. I will get his name, he came very highly recommended to my coworker, and he was very pleased with him.

Dr. Cunningham with VSO = FTW
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by smolakian View Post
    I just got a hamstring graft done by Dr. David Oster of Denver-Vail Orthopedics. I like him because he is strightforward no-nonsense and he has 2 offices and one happens to be really close to my work. I have never had to wait in the office for more than 10 minutes. Always in and out...very convenoent. And it seems like the surgury went well, but it was only 2 days ago. He is pretty progressive in terms of getting you back on your feet. He told me that I was allowed to walk without crutches as soon as I felt comfortable.
    My wife has Dr Oster do her ACL a couple years ago. Certainly recommend him. Everything went great and with a relatively pain free process.

Dr. Wayne Gersoff...was team doc to 2 of 3 pro teams, did work on some of the big name athletes in Denver and has been voted Top Doc in 5280 many times. He did my ACL back in 2002 and I haven't a problem since.

Cunningham X 2
    あなたのおっぱいは富士山のように美しいです。富士

Kendo Yamamoto "1984"

Quote Originally Posted by garuda View Post
    Bumping this old thread for add'l recs for a great orthopedic surgeon in denver/boulder to do an acl reconstruction.

Any thoughts on the best docs in this area and/or if it is worth considering using someone in vail or the mtns instead of the frontrange?

Some recs not mentioned here I have seen are: Dr. Andrew Parker (Orthopedic Assocs.), Dr. Eric McCarty (Boulder SPorts Med), Dr. Eric Stahl (Panorama Ortho), Dr. Cunningham (vail-summit ortho). There are so many docs that do knee surgery so I figured I'd see what those with experience in denver/boulder can recommend.

Thanks in advance!
    I can recommend Dr. Parker. He's team doc for the Av's, FWIW. He did my shoulder and I did an orthopedic rotation with him in school. He's a great surgeon and also a really nice guy. Some of the team physician's I've encountered have a mightier-than-thou attitude and won't give you the time of day unless you're a pro athlete. Not the case here.

Ortho Assoc. are good people. Dr. Steven Traina did my knee when he was with them. (not sure where he's gone now) I've seen Parker I believe for ankle issues as well.

Bump to see if there are any updated recommendations on Denver Orthopedic Doctors. I took a tumble on Saturday skiing on Berthoud Pass, and yesterday's MRI confirmed an ACL tear and slight meniscus tear. So far I have called into Dr. Parker's office (Orthopedic Associates), but I can't get in there for another 3 weeks.

Come to the mtns....Vail/Summit Orthopedics....Dr Cunningham. Vibes....
    ROLL TIDE ROLL