Need AT rig for Alpine Meadows sidecountry??

Just relocated to Northern Cali and am figuring out a binding setup for the season. Without any good BC partners out here I'll be shredding inbounds at Squaw / Alpine primarily, but am wondering about access at Alpine... is it Jackson-style booters and sidestep terrain where an alpine rig be (mostly) sufficient? Or do you need a touring binding to get the goods?

Much appreciated!

i mean it is an ask tgr kinda thingy, the pros pros

First lesson: Only people down south and outside California call it Cali. Similarly, Frisco is a town in Colorado, not Northern California.

You can do fine with an alpine setup in almost all of AM's sidecountry. Having an AT setup would give you some more options around Tahoe, but you'll have fun with whatever setup you choose. I mostly ski with AT gear because in those times when you do need to walk on rocks, it's a lot easier with vibram soled AT boots than plastic boots - but loads of people get by just fine with alpine stuff.

Now bring us some fucking snow already.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite