Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BEST FREERIDE SKI

Hi there,

I am looking to buy a new pair of skies here pretty quick,

Been riding K2 Seths for the last 3 years and love them but they are little to long for me and heavy for touring. Last year I test drove a pair of Head I Peak 88 at a Demo day in SilverStar and loved them. Skied a pair of Atomics and Kastle, the Heads where my favorite by far, did not like the Kastle at all.

I am 220 pounds, about 5 10 and am expert skier. I have been using my Fritchi FreeRides on these skies as I do the occasional back country skin up and ski down. Found the weight last year of the set up pretty tough so I am looking for a new all mountain touring ski that is light in weight but will eat up all snow conditions that say a north shore mountain/whistler/baker would bring(usually crud) and interior powder like Revy of Golden and good on groomers.

I am trying to find a bit of a wider ski that would be very similar to the Head 88 and NOT HEAVY LIKE MY SETH. Will be transferring my fritichi over. 75% inbound groomer crud powder /25% out of bounds powder.

Any recommendations out there?

Cheers

If you like how the K2 Seth skied you'll love how this K2 skis! Bad Ass Boards!!!l

PM Rontele last time I talked to him he had a couple to sell, and he always gives a good hookup.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

^^^^^^^^ what he said! Better hurry as they tend to sell out fast.

Either those rax or probably your best option Salomon BBR freeride all-mountain ski
    Last edited by Chugachjed; 12-02-2011 at 01:34 PM.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Check out Anton Gliders. Wayne Wong ski's the fucking shit out of those things!
    Training for Alpental

Why get K2 when you get K3 or even K4 if your really aggressive
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

This should be good...

I've got just the ski for you. Demoed it recently. It's the ALL CAPS RIDAH 205cm from Chronic Steeze Skis. Check 'em out.

Quote Originally Posted by olliver32 View Post
    Hi there,I am trying to find a bit of a wider ski that would be very similar to the Head 88 and NOT HEAVY LIKE MY SETH. Will be transferring my fritichi over. 75% inbound groomer crud powder /25% out of bounds powder.

Cheers
    Iv'e been riding your mom, but she is a bit on the heavy side. what's your sister like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Hi there,

I am 220 pounds, about 5 10 and am expert skier. I have been using my Fritchi FreeRides on these skies as I do the occasional back country skin up and ski down. Found the weight last year of the set up pretty tough...

Cheers
    Lose 40 pounds-keep the Seths, you'll be flying on your Ups. Also write a product endorsement for Fritchi 220 pound expert skier 75% inbounds damn thats a bomber binder.

You really need to lose 70 cause Seth only weighs 150. On another note,happy B-day Seth, you rip
    But if you are serious, Get a more bomber binder like Duke if you really want to AT and get a lighter stiffer ski like the DPS 120 in a 200 CM or maybe rengade
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Yo, I'm all up

this thread

11 responses (12 counting this one) and no one has said it yet. Oops, I guess this is like talking about a no-hitter.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 12-01-2011 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Because I can't count

You guys need to practice reading comprehension.

He wasn't asking about skis, he's asking about skies.

Olliver, I think your question can better be answered by the people here:

http://www.meteorologyforums.com/
    Best Regards,

UMKP

"Peter, You've been missing a lot of work lately".
    "I wouldn't exactly say I've been missing it, Bob".

Bunch of fags on this forum with no good information, just upset cause no one wants to ejaculate in your asses. Get fucked!!!

Bunch of fags on this forum with no good information, just upset cause no one wants to ejaculate in your asses. Get fucked!!!
    why so butthurt, did your daddy just pay you a visit?

What were trying to say in TGR speak is: search JONG!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Welcome to the TGR forums. Read the orientation. Then try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shu Shu View Post
    Lose 40 pounds-keep the Seths, you'll be flying on your Ups. Also write a product endorsement for Fritchi 220 pound expert skier 75% inbounds damn thats a bomber binder.
    ^ Agreed. Nothing wrong with your current Seth's. In fact, they might even be THE BEST FREERIDE SKI.

In the words of Ricky Roma: "You never open your mouth until you know what the shot is." JONGS helping JONGS.

Powder goat ya, he was super pissed cause your mom was shit and made him cum on yur gay mud stache.

so youre an expert skier you say? does that mean you can backflip? because i heard that all expert skiers can backflip. and how do you like your fritichis? ive heard they can really shred the pow.

Rossignol CUT. Get em
    it doesnt realli matter as long you as you remember to wake up and go skiing

Oliver32 ferr reals though, put up some pics of you rippin. Give us some stoke and we'll give back.

Well here are two options for you. Put up some pic/vid of you getting gnarly or the other option is some neekid pics of your sister and/or mom. Once you help us out like that, then and only then will we impart to you of our vast ski knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    Well here are two options for you. Put up some pic/vid of you getting gnarly or the other option is some neekid pics of your sister and/or mom. Once you help us out like that, then and only then will we impart to you of our vast ski knowledge.
    I think we already established that his mom's a heifer, so let's stick to the sister.

I recommend mounting Jester Pros on a couple of frozen turds. The bright green of the binding will really make the brown color pop. Make sure to helicoil so the screws don't rip out (this is slight more common when skiing on shit, sort of like with the narrow Dynafit mounting pattern). Or, if you want to swap your bindings between your freeride turds and you park or powder turds, use Binding Freedom inserts, but don't use Quiver Killers 'cause those aren't poop compatible.