Thread: Anyone familiar with Burnaby, BC?

Anyone familiar with Burnaby, BC?

Hey guys, sorry if this isn't the best place to ask. Just wondering if anyone here is familiar with the Burnaby, British Columbia area. I'm moving there to start my MSc at SFU and looking for advice on where are the chillest places to live there. Basically I just don't want to rent a place in a part of town that sucks. any other advice on the area would also be appreciated. thanks.

my colleagues who moved to van bought a place with the intention to rent right next to SFU:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=SFU&hl=...=12,45.46,,0,0

i don't know much about social life, but this part of "town" (campus, really) isn't bad at all.

^ha word. if they are looking for someone to rent for starting in mid december or jan, please let me know

they just bought the place, so they'll have to stay in it for a year for tax purposes

If distance isn't an issue, or you have wheels, I would live somewhere near commercial drive. You will get an annual bus pass and there are direct busses and train combos to SFU. Commercial is a sweet hood with tons of cheap food, groceries, bars and parties. Remember, you can get a mega cheap student pass for WB!!