Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch

SHOP/TECH STOKE 11 12

Sweet baby jeebus in the arms of H.I.M Haille Sallasie you whacky jongs with your I can't mount my skis and the shop can't either threadz are harshin my tech mellow and cuntin er up.
    Post it up pics, new cool products, the lange girls on the wall, stories of stupidy, best tip/hookup. Whateverz

Stoned

well I guess they replaced me with a safer tech

just grab a pole mam any pole

chances are if the office looks like this there is a skibum runnin the show

overall most shops are pretty chill and the vibe mellow but
    THERE ARE SOME FUCKIN RULES FOR THOSE JUST MOVED FROM THE LEAST COAST N000BS aprentices

cept the luffster I'm givin him a carte blanc hall pass in a code green sit rep
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

what is all the stuff stuck to the ceiling ?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    what is all the stuff stuck to the ceiling ?
    P-tex sticks, or somebody coughed into the bong.

^^^^ perhaps both
    board timeline

b right on shop

the disco ball ties it all togather
    the daily grind

ready for guest enjoyment purposes
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

awesome thread.
    demo fleet getting their mounts
    and, the extension cord no longer runs on the floor

yes. it's mandatory for tech's to check safety often
    but, not to worry. yer stuff is safe here
    new toy. fucking 'trimjet' baby!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    P-tex sticks, or somebody coughed into the bong.
    I hadn't considered a shop would use p-tex sticks

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    awesome thread.
    demo fleet getting their mounts
    and, the extension cord no longer runs on the floor

yes. it's mandatory for tech's to check safety often:big grin:

but, not to worry. yer stuff is safe here
    new toy. fucking 'trimjet' baby!

What shop are you at Buttah? I'm pretty sure you've told me before but my short term memory is shot. I need to get some beat skis tuned and haven't found any shops around here I trust with my shit.

Totem Pole Ski Shop.
    Ludlow, VT
    mag discounts!
    crab in my shoe mouth

what is that, a pneumatic ski vice?

This is a sweet new product for home binding mounts (it's actually anodized blue) and fits stepped drill bits and 5/16" taps:

SVST Custom Insert Mounting & Tapping Jig-5/16"

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mountingjigwhand.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	104365  
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    This is a sweet new product for home binding mounts (it's actually anodized blue) and fits stepped drill bits and 5/16" taps:

SVST Custom Insert Mounting & Tapping Jig-5/16"

Dang. My troll radar was on. But this thing looks pretty legit. Especially for those of us who don't have, and don't want to invest in, a press. This is going on my short list.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

^ Just found a new Christmas present for my shop tech........along with the usual safety meeting materials

Hey, hey. It's a Catch 22 from my perspective. It is humorous how the status quo is to find out about good products via osmosis (a friend of a guy I know told me) versus being told directly (trolling).

As an aside, I am curious as to how the design of SVST Jig (made for Quiver Killers) may or may not have evolved.

Here is Jon's Binding Freedom Drill & Tap Guide Block:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guide_block_th.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	104464

Here's another. A new vise option: A symmetrical, 3-clamp vise for wide skis and snowboards. Clamping vises, typically have a fixed side and one jaw moves. The new T4B Fix vise has jaws that move symmetrically from the center and open to over 140mm:

Name:  fx10b.jpg
Views: 1087
Size:  88.3 KB

I get requests from people that need wider center jaws for their older vises. With this vise, which is a set of 3 identical vises, I can probably break up a set and provide only the center for those with boards that no longer fit in smaller vises.
    Last edited by Alpinord; 11-26-2011 at 09:27 AM.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

^^^^ way cool
    So i finally set foot in the iconic lcc institution that is the P dog ski shop.
    These guys rock and their rep speaks for itself.
    They mounted the 1st pair of TGR shane mermorial SPATS and there is no other place that I choose to ask to help with the second pair I now haz.
    Huge props for helpin this community out with most worthy projects patrinize them or at the least stop by and say thanks
    p dawg stokes

The shop I use in Mammoth for grinds "Command Performance" purchased $96,000 worth of tuning gear this season.
    They showed off their new gear to me a few weeks ago.
    Brand new Montana stone grinder that accepts boards up to 300 mm.

New Montana base/side edge beveler.

And the only Montana infrared hot waxing system in the state. of California. Better wax penetration plus no touching of the base structure.

Good people running that shop also.

[/QUOTE]

This actually looks like a pretty good tool. Its only missing a way to center the bushing on either an old hole or a center punched spot. Its quite hard to do by eye.

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    This actually looks like a pretty good tool. Its only missing a way to center the bushing on either an old hole or a center punched spot. Its quite hard to do by eye.
    A 5/16" brad tip drill bit in the jig is one option to assist alignment.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    I get requests from people that need wider center jaws for their older vises. With this vise, which is a set of 3 identical vises, I can probably break up a set and provide only the center for those with boards that no longer fit in smaller vises.
    Just FYI, the two outside vices are slightly different than the centre vise on mine (I bought it about a year ago). There is a chunk of plastic stuck in them to, presumably, grip on the top-sheet and base while sharpening edges. Here's a crappy cellphone telephone image that shows the difference:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T4B ski vice.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	104492

ETA: the two outside vices can also be adjusted to accommodate rocker/camber. You can sort of see it in that picture as the centre of the far vice is way to the right, where as the near vice (the centre one) cannot be moved like that.

Quote Originally Posted by saxon.jones View Post
    Just FYI, the two outside vices are slightly different than the centre vise on mine (I bought it about a year ago). There is a chunk of plastic stuck in them to, presumably, grip on the top-sheet and base while sharpening edges. Here's a crappy cellphone telephone image that shows the difference:
    Good point. Correct, the dense rubber on the two end vises are omitted in the center vise. The three vises are the same however. Do you see the rubber blocks as problem if trying to use the end vises as a center vise?

(Note: the new T4B Grip snowboard vise comes with the two end vises.)

Quote Originally Posted by saxon.jones View Post
    ETA: the two outside vices can also be adjusted to accommodate rocker/camber. You can sort of see it in that picture as the centre of the far vice is way to the right, where as the near vice (the centre one) cannot be moved like that.
    You're talking about the two end riser blocks, correct?

Name:  fx10g.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  86.6 KB

Any pros and cons you care to share after using this vise set?

There is a little play in the vises due to the symmetrical system until they are clamped against the ski using the bench clamps. I like mine (and any vise for that matter) in conjunction with a track system versus clamping to bench or table.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

DPH

great thread
    watch out for snakes

got to spend a few MOMENTS of time with Luke and the shop crew

got wood

more machinery of ski love

more blurry shop dawg photo

HUDGE THANKS FOR SHOWIN US AROUND YOUR COOL SHOP
    in the biggest little city

Not in the maintenance department, but in the ski building department these were nicely done:

Name:  Wagner-dwa.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  52.5 KB

Name:  Wagner-dwb.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  56.1 KB
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

shop factory what ever there is so much cool stuff goin on in the industry I'm just stoked to be involved

This has potential to be an excellent thread. Any personnel working even close to the front lines will have ample fuel for this thread.

Yesterday a guy comes in and says he's freezing to death. He had at least 7-8 layers on. The temp was about 20°F and sunny. He had so many layers on- he was sweating up a storm and was wet. Sweat rolling off his forehead. I suggested he take off a few layers so that his breathable layers could work. He looked at me I was crazy.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain