Page 270 of 275 FirstFirst ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 LastLast
Results 6,726 to 6,750 of 6863
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2272.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	487508

Getting real difficult to squeeze another set of holes in here.

Name checks out

reminds me of a crib board

maybe there is a set of holes buddy can reuse ?
    Last edited by XXX-er; 02-20-2024 at 02:11 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Y, me too...likely just accuracy of measurement. I'm guessing I'm only good within one mm anyway

I see...per dcpnz's comment, we're different cuz that is me reading the pin deltas & you the sole deltas...we're both right ...thank you for clarifying
    Ya only use the sole measurement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed el Loco View Post

Name:	IMG_2272.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	487508

Getting real difficult to squeeze another set of holes in here.

I sea a gape.

Go4it!
    watch out for snakes

These are going to be fun...

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    These are going to be fun...
    Fucking fantastic colour combo!

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    RE shims, screws, inserts & accurate measuring, it seems like a good idea to go ahead and install inserts if you are going to be trying various shims and heights to get things dialed. M5 machine screws are available anywhere and in 2mm increments. Don’t worry about pozi drive screws for testing. You can grind panheads to low heads and flatheads to small heads easily.

How well would something like a profile gauge tool assist for accurately measuring and then laying out the heights on graph paper to record and compare?

I just printed a pair of 4mm Pivot toe shims for someone to test out pressuring ski tips better. If this goes back and forth to try different thicknesses (or heels), having inserts would definitely have been the call.

The other wild card would be footbeds, liners etc and actual foot angle and elevation in different boots.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    @::: :::
    Inserts are key to testing out different thickness shims.

Do your achilles tendons have the same amount of stetch in each boots? Disregard if you are using the same boots. Slack achilles at rest will make it difficult to turn/ control yer sticks. This is where ramp angle and grinding zeppa comes into play.

Threads on the topic already so we don't cunt this thread up too much:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Ramp, delta, and forward lean are fascinating topics. I think all make a significant difference in skiing depending on conditions, ski shape/profile, and type of turn.
    Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Skinipenem, thx for the links! Will read

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Fucking fantastic colour combo!

Thanks! I just happened to have the right color pivots ready to go.

I picked them up from lone pine for $87, stripped the dukes that were on there for another project. They were advertised as the 184 but they are the 191. Bring back obnoxiously bright top sheets!

Cross posting from the main inserts thread. Thing #1 has z12’s and 914’s. I saw something odd on the z12’s (see photo). One heel piece is cracked on both sides at the back screws. Are they toast? The kid took a few heavy tumbles during his winter break and also experienced some new pre-releases. Can somebody confirm they use that same Salomon template? Thx.

Name:	IMG_1463.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1,014.5 KB 
ID:	489174

^ I would say those are toast.

Free-hand mounted my own sons fucking skis... because I don't have junior binding templates.

Used a washer on my 3.6x9mm bit to drill to the specified 7.5mm after making careful measurements and practicing on a 2x3 to make sure I knew what I was doing.

Mounted at +1cm because I figure too much tip would be more detrimental to learning than too much tail, and so when he groes into the next size boot he will be on the line.

Now to check the base bevels and detune... don't want the little bastard to catch an edge or anything!

Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Picked up these Corvus for a good deal.

Name:	IMG_8026.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	232.2 KB 
ID:	489399

Going to pull my Warden 11 demo’s off another ski for these.

Does anyone know where I can just buy the demo base plates? It would be nice to just swap bindings from ski to ski when needed.

My lazy google couldn’t find just the base plates for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Does anyone know where I can just buy the demo base plates? It would be nice to just swap bindings from ski to ski when needed.

My lazy google couldn’t find just the base plates for sale.
    Good luck. Best best is if you can get broken bindings, worn out bindings from a big rental shop, etc.

Only ones I have seen for purchase are the Tyrolia PowerRail (PRD/PRW, not Attack) rail options.

Like these guys sell all 3 versions of the PR plates:
    https://www.dinardoskibikehike.com/c...2-gw-br85.html
    https://www.dinardoskibikehike.com/t...ase-plate.html
    https://www.dinardoskibikehike.com/c...ase-plate.html

These guys sell them way cheaper with the disclaimer they are only available with bindings (dunno if they actually enforce that though...especially if you call or are local)
    https://www.coloradodiscountskis.com...d-On-Item.html

Quote Originally Posted by singlesline View Post
    Good luck. Best best is if you can get broken bindings, worn out bindings from a big rental shop, etc.

Only ones I have seen for purchase are the Tyrolia PowerRail (PRD/PRW, not Attack) rail options.

These guys sell them way cheaper with the disclaimer they are only available with bindings (dunno if they actually enforce that though...especially if you call or are local)
    Thanks. I figured it’d be too good to be true, just mounting plates and swapping bindings would be nice for some skis.

Warden 11 Demos are like $110 on sale now at L9 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by singlesline View Post

I just needed to post to make sure that everyone is aware that Frank Dinardo sucks. Sleazeball.

Crowd source question for the masses:

2013 192 Atomic Atlas previously mounted with pivot 14s at +1cm & fritschi freeride pro on line with inserts, plus a supreme fuckup of 5 extra holes on one ski [1st effort @ inserts].
    Factory line is 84.5cm from tail. Topsheet markings do show +3 down to -3 so assuming binding reinforcing is available for these positions.
    I made the mistake of centering the freeride pros instead of the pivots and then not really ever using this rig for skinning -- live and learn.

I've got new tyrolia attack 14s to mount. I can find reasonably space to mount at either +2 or at -2. I can maybe skooch it +/- 3mm from those spots, but otherwise am running into previous holes. Not sure I want to remove inserts/reinforce/overdrill holes.

Riding +1 was fine as a compromise, but would have preferred on the line, or even shifted back up to -1. Despite that, I do really like these skis in the deep.

WWMD?
    Keep going forward to +2 as the least change in the ride feel (+1 delta)? Or back off to -2 (-3 delta)? Sell & find a new-to-me fatty?
    red marks as reference to common spots on topsheet to see prospective situation on ski
    Left is +2; Right is -2.

Name:	atlas-mts.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	785.0 KB 
ID:	489553

Why not keep using the pivots at +1?

2013 192 Atomic Atlas previously mounted with pivot 14s at +1cm & fritschi freeride pro on line with inserts, plus a supreme fuckup of 5 extra holes on one ski [1st effort @ inserts].
    Factory line is 84.5cm from tail. Topsheet markings do show +3 down to -3 so assuming binding reinforcing is available for these positions.
    I made the mistake of centering the freeride pros instead of the pivots and then not really ever using this rig for skinning -- live and learn.

I've got new tyrolia attack 14s to mount. I can find reasonably space to mount at either +2 or at -2. I can maybe skooch it +/- 3mm from those spots, but otherwise am running into previous holes. Not sure I want to remove inserts/reinforce/overdrill holes.

Riding +1 was fine as a compromise, but would have preferred on the line, or even shifted back up to -1. Despite that, I do really like these skis in the deep.

WWMD?
    Keep going forward to +2 as the least change in the ride feel (+1 delta)? Or back off to -2 (-3 delta)? Sell & find a new-to-me fatty?
    red marks as reference to common spots on topsheet to see prospective situation on ski
    Left is +2; Right is -2.

Name:	atlas-mts.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	785.0 KB 
ID:	489553

WWMD?
    Left is +2; Right is -2.
    Those are pretty light cores, but I've had really good luck with epoxy and skewers and re-filling the old holes and just placing where it makes sense. (Admittedly on much heavier cores.)
    If it were me, I'd just fill, mount where it makes sense and ski them conservatively for a few days to see what happens.

Inserts could work too.

Mainly I see this as;
    How much are you into them for, and how disappointed will you be if you pull out a binding? (Even that may not be the end of the project, but could be...)
    Will you get hurt if you pull a binding out? (If you ski conservatively, in pow? Probably not.)

Since you're at the resort, it could be a pain getting back to the lodge/car, but not that bad.

I dunno, like I said, I'd probably fill, mount and pray.

[Edited to add: After a re-read, it may be the inserts that are your problem - not sure. And filling an insert is something I've never done. So, perhaps it doesn't apply.]

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    Those are pretty light cores, but I've had really good luck with epoxy and skewers and re-filling the old holes and just placing where it makes sense. (Admittedly on much heavier cores.)
    If it were me, I'd just fill, mount where it makes sense and ski them conservatively for a few days to see what happens.

Inserts could work too.

Mainly I see this as;
    How much are you into them for, and how disappointed will you be if you pull out a binding? (Even that may not be the end of the project, but could be...)
    Will you get hurt if you pull a binding out? (If you ski conservatively, in pow? Probably not.)

Since you're at the resort, it could be a pain getting back to the lodge/car, but not that bad.

I dunno, like I said, I'd probably fill, mount and pray.

[Edited to add: After a re-read, it may be the inserts that are your problem - not sure. And filling an insert is something I've never done. So, perhaps it doesn't apply.]
    as i look at an old cad file i made to coordinate the original positioning, attack14 at +1 should work & I need to re-check tonight on the actual skis...wondering if my initial drill screwups pushed the mounts further

they are old skis and i wouldn't be hugely upset to upgrade next yr

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Why not keep using the pivots at +1?
    moving on from non-gripwalk with boots this season

moving on from non-gripwalk with boots this season
    Convert your pivots to GW pivots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got new tyrolia attack 14s to mount. I can find reasonably space to mount at either +2 or at -2.

WWMD?
    ]
    My ski buds had the Atlas I always wanted to but never skied them, I vote to keep the atlas and mount at +2
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by PeachesNCream View Post

This is the correct solution

Quote Originally Posted by PeachesNCream View Post
    somehow i wasn't finding the pricing i wanted...so, it's Attacks