Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ken Caryl Barking Dog Committee

This sums up everything I hate about suburbia.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	393351_2541595615643_1126270225_32912003_1078996077_n.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	104069  

Why are commas, so fucking, hard to figure the fuck, out.

Let them do a bunch of illegal shit. Fuck them. A dog's gotta bark.
    focus.

Holy shit!

That is the pinnacle of anonymous douchebaggery.

Let those assholes call the police or the fire dept, then tell them the situation and show them the letter. They will not be happy.

And move the fuck out of Ken Caryl, but be sure to give me your trail pass.

Although I don't agree with their "scare tactics", why don't you just be responsible, take care of your dog and be respectful of your suburbia neighbors?

I have a neighbor that decided she would do the same thing- leave her dog out all day long, barking at everything that moves and lots of things that don't. Believe me, if that's the case with your dog, it's really annoying. You're not better than everyone else, have some respect- just get a bark collar.

Or move.

Only staying here a few months on a cheap month to month lease until I get my feet under me and can move somewhere I actually want to live.

The house has 2 dogs in it, neither of which bark, and neither of which are mine. The neighbors dog barks some, but its not even a nuisance. I've actually only heard the thing once or twice come to think of it. I leave the house around 6:30 and stay up till midnight usually, so I would think I would have noticed this.

The one thing we know is, this is some poor retired lady or house wife with nothing better to do than to threaten her neighbors when they don't live up to her standards. It's gonna be real funny when we show the cops/FD the letter and they start trying to find out who actually sent it, since falsifying a report is sort of, you know, illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by brice618 View Post
    The one thing we know is, this is some poor retired lady or house wife with nothing better to do than to threaten her neighbors when they don't live up to her standards. It's gonna be real funny when we show the cops/FD the letter and they start trying to find out who actually sent it, since falsifying a report is sort of, you know, illegal.
    Yes... well, this is a different story.

I'm a big fan of the "Barking Dog Committee".... I wonder if that's separate from the "Your Front Yard Looks Like Shit Committee"?

While I don't think there is a "barking dog committee" in Ken Caryl there is an HA that is so tight that they will check the color of your shit is to make sure it conforms to their covenants...I have never met a snobbier, "my shit doesn't stink" bunch of assholes in my life.

Other than that, it's not a bad place to live.

Enjoy your stay.
    The Sheriff is near!

I thought Ken Caryl was the guy who wrote the thing up.

I had a new neighbor leave her windows open during the day at the beginning of the summer. For two days, her two dogs would bark whenever somebody walked by or if kids were playing. On the second day, when she got home from work, I caught her in the driveway (the dogs were going apeshit in her window) as she got home and told her that this has been going on all day for the past two day.

She was briefly apologetic, but seemed at a loss for words. I said, "If you'd keep your windows closed, we wouldn't hear them." She thought that was a good idea and the problem was solved and we haven't heard the dogs since.

1) I'm not going to leave a mystery note.
    2) I had a possible solution.

Put a sign on your lawn that says "Ken Caryl Barking Dog Committee meeting here, tonight at 7:00" and discuss the situation with whoever shows up. Be sure to show them the letter.

wow! those people are stupid and bored. I love how they admit on paper that they will call the police to your house under false pretenses, i almost would try to get the police called on the house just to show the cops that letter.

I painted a couple few houses in the ken caryl suburbs when i was in college. we called it "hot caryl" cause that valley is like 10 degrees hotter than the rest of the front range.

I'm thinking I may just become a pet foster parent for basset hounds till I move out in a few months.

1. File a police report.

2. Find a better hiding place for your stash.
    In with the 9.

The punctuation and capitalization in that is impressively erratic. It's like they're channeling Pynchon in Mason&Dixon with all the random Barks and Dogs and Rudes.

HOAs are pretty much the worst, so I don't know what that makes vigilante, wanna-be HOAs. Damn.

I like the suggestion to have a committee meeting in your yard, just make sure you film it and post highlights.

I like to think given the greeting, that its an angry old rasta woman doing her best to assemble a complaint but not winning over the Trinidad and Tabogoan roots.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    I painted a couple few houses in the ken caryl suburbs when i was in college...

Heh, so did I. College Pro. My entire crew was beyond high the whole time...

Quote Originally Posted by berko View Post
    1. File a police report.

2. Find a better hiding place for your stash.
    I agree that you should file a police report now. Or at least call the police and explain the note, that way when/if s/he reports you, the note is on file.

People are often too lazy to find the real culprits, they hear a dog barking and they see you have a dog and just assume that it must be your dog. I've gotten nastygrams like that before and the things I was accused of couldn't possibly have come from my house, they just picked the easy target and didn't investigate.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

My dog doesn't bark....

I had a dog several years back that I had heard bark maybe about a dozen times over the course of 3 years. Seriously, that's it..... turns out, when I'd leave him at the house, he'd bark non stop for however long I was gone... which kinda pissed off a few neighbors.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I'm guessing that there is some basis for the complaint. The dogs at your house are probably barking when you aren't home. I doubt the person is making it up.

That said - the person who sent the note is clearly a nut. I can't believe anyone would consider calling in false reports to the police or fire department. If the dogs are they have the right to call the police about the noise. If they felt the dogs were being abused I they could call that in also.

No, they aren't barking when I am not there. They wrestle some, and growl a bit while doing that, but both have been trained for separation anxiety and are not barking in a way that would be a nuisance (every dog barks). Generally one of the three roommates is home during the day. Regardless, they stay inside from 6pm to 7am, which is the general time that they are apparently doing all this barking. I'd sure as hell hope I'd wake up to the dogs barking from one room over.

If you bothered to read you'd see that the neighbor's dog does some barking, more than the two we have, but still not much.

As far as the cops are concerned, I'll let the roommates who own the dogs deal with that. I sincerely doubt a person who is not ballsy enough to write their name on a letter will be ballsy enough to call the cops at 4 in the morning because of a barking dog that isn't barking at the time.

Wait, did you actually get that letter delivered to you? I thought it was some kinda internet bs thing, but it's real?!? Holy shit, fuck them.

Yeah, with the HOA letter head and all. The landlord called the HOA and apparently they didn't send it out and are pissed as well.

I didn't read the letter close enough. It sounds like they think the dogs are outside from early in the morning to late in the evening.

I think the calling the cops late at night may have been more of threat to you then an indication of when the dogs were barking.

Quote Originally Posted by brice618 View Post
    I like to think given the greeting, that its an angry old rasta woman doing her best to assemble a complaint but not winning over the Trinidad and Tabogoan roots.
    Um, I believe that's "taboginan".
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

Quote Originally Posted by Todds View Post
    I didn't read the letter close enough. It sounds like they think the dogs are outside from early in the morning to late in the evening.

I think the calling the cops late at night may have been more of threat to you then an indication of when the dogs were barking.
    If you haven't got it yet, you probably won't.

Huh. Mostly unrelated and completely uninteresting fact: I did their website about 8 years ago (http://www.ken-carylranch.org/), and the base design hasn't changed a bit. I haven't checked their site in years but was sure they'd have updated it by now. I didn't check to see if the Barking Dog Committee had their own page.