Bibby pro v. Obsethed

Hey! I'm an all-mountain/freeride female skier about 5'6 140 lbs. I'm an advanced skier and compete in big mountain comps. I'm on the K2 Nancy's right now but I'm looking for something a bit more aggressive. I'm thinking of either the moment bibby pro 174 or the k2 Obsethed in 169. I'm also considering the armada jjs. I can't find a lot of reviews comparing these three skis especially not in my sizes. This ski is gonna be my one and only so I'd prefer something that can charge and rip through chunder but also float the powder. I'd appreciate any feedback! Thanks!

I would demo both and buy the one you like the best --

You can also use the search function at the top of the page and look for approx. 8,000 reviews on both skis.

And of course you can post your pics.

Go test!

The Bibbys are going to give you more charge ability, while the JJs are more of a playful ski, that can ski switch very well. The Bibby's also have a stiffer tail, so if your into hucking stuff, they do not wash out as quickly. I don't know much about the Obsetheds, so won't comment there.

JJ's suck for charging, hell, I think they suck everywhere but deep pow. Have not skiied the Bibby but I rock the 189 obsethed and it's very fun.

Also check the line pandora and possibly the prophet 115 if you can find them.

If you're looking for a charging ski, i'd look at the 167/175 Faction 3.Zero as well.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkwoodlvr View Post
    Hey! I'm an all-mountain/freeride female skier about 5'6 140 lbs. I'm an advanced skier and compete in big mountain comps. This ski is gonna be my one and only so I'd prefer something that can charge and rip through chunder but also float the powder. I'd appreciate any feedback! Thanks!
    Skip the 174 Bibby and go for the 186 Bibby Special. If going big to firm landings, you don't want a rockered tail. But if only between the skis listed, the Bibby will be the stiffest and have the most chargability. Believe Tom Runcie competed on the 190 Bibby all last season and he was pretty good at it.

Demo the vjj and tst w. My buddy's fiance picked up the 175 vjj and loves them. She is a hard chargin' chick

Thank you guys so much! I'll definitely look into those other skis you mentioned. As for the bibby v. the jj I think the bibby sounds like more of what I'm looking for. I appreciate the input

Might also want to check out the hybrid DPS Yvette.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I have to disagree w/ my colleague PappaG here, 186 Bibby Special will probably be too big. My experience in freeski comps has shown that its better to have a ski thats relatively easy to ski that you are in complete control of rather than a monster of a ski that can take any speed, but you can't turn when you need or want to. I was much more successful on my 190 Bibbys than my 192 Garbones, which felt about 50x bigger than the Bibby. I think you want the 174 Bibby, it will not disappoint.

Evidence: 190 Bibby in action

Might also want to check out the hybrid DPS Yvette.
    +1 to that. They might not be as 'chargy' as the Bibbys, but they are more versatile, especially on hard pack, from what I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gone Skiing View Post
    I have to disagree w/ my colleague PappaG here, 186 Bibby Special will probably be too big. My experience in freeski comps has shown that its better to have a ski thats relatively easy to ski that you are in complete control of rather than a monster of a ski that can take any speed, but you can't turn when you need or want to. I was much more successful on my 190 Bibbys than my 192 Garbones, which felt about 50x bigger than the Bibby. I think you want the 174 Bibby, it will not disappoint.
    Wise words... I just wanted to see a ripping chick shred on that ski.