Page 37 of 372 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    I am no bobby but lady bug it up bro. Also mosquito dunks.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

When a bag of soil says, "continuously feeds for 2 months", its mixture only reads at .10-.05-.05, what does that really mean and should I be worried about adding anymore fertilizer with the brand new mix? I have some 5-7-3 and 2-2-2 all "organic".

Bobby Stainless Guest
    The three numbers on the bag or container refer to the percentages of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium components in the fertilizer/soil.

Have you ever used this mix before?

About an ounce of a tintcure made from some herb and everclear, an ounce of dark rum, crushed mint leaves, lime juice, and equal amounts good cream soda and soda water. A mojito but better.

I'm curious to try it with absinthe instead of everclear. Desputed claims of its psycogenic affects aside asbinthe, as well as, mojitos, and the tincture, all have a bit different but similar hierba buena type flavor, and the everclear does not to much for the taste, although it was still delicious.

I have a feeling this is some truly groundbreaking stuff here. Seriously.

EDIT: i like dark rum mojitos but it doesnt belong in this, nor does everclear, I'm thinking just the absinthe tincturewould be ideal but maybe next timeI'll make a tincturewith 151instead. Be warned, it takes a ton of mint before its tasty and looks like shit but gives a nice high. I think with absinthes kinda upper type qualities it would be perfect.
    Last edited by leroy jenkins; 12-14-2012 at 12:33 AM.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

It's getting yellower. New gallon jug. New organic soil mixed with organic 5-7-3 nutes and then watered with 2-2-2 mixture. that was yesterday. Today it's more yellow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0436.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	420.4 KB 
ID:	127978   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imag0436de.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	127979  

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    About an ounce of a tintcure made from some herb and everclear, an ounce of dark rum, crushed mint leaves, lime juice, and equal amounts good cream soda and soda water. A mojito but better.

I'm curious to try it with absinthe instead of everclear. Desputed claims of its psycogenic affects aside asbinthe, as well as, mojitos, and the tincture, all have a bit different but similar hierba buena type flavor, and the everclear does not to much for the taste, although it was still delicious.

I have a feeling this is some truly groundbreaking stuff here. Seriously.

EDIT: i like dark rum mojitos but it doesnt belong in this, nor does everclear, I'm thinking just the absinthe tincturewould be ideal but maybe next timeI'll make a tincturewith 151instead. Be warned, it takes a ton of mint before its tasty and looks like shit but gives a nice high. I think with absinthes kinda upper type qualities it would be perfect.
    In my experience absinthe produces a cloudy, "confused" type buzz, particularly when consumed in high volume. Not sure I'd want it in a tincture but it would be a unique buzz that's for sure.

The two times I've had real absinthe it produced a euphoric relaxed but very energetic drunk. I think combined with either sattiva or indica it could be awesome. I think taste wise it'd be perfect too. Not sure what high quantities are, but I once drank a little mini bottle, and the other time had a small glass. A tincture wouldnt need a large amount.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

I love that idea ^^^ LJ.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Labcabin View Post

It's getting yellower. New gallon jug. New organic soil mixed with organic 5-7-3 nutes and then watered with 2-2-2 mixture. that was yesterday. Today it's more yellow.
    Those little guys don't need fertilizer.
    Biggest mistake people make is over fertilizing. Well, that and over watering, or using a soil mix that stays too moist. Looks to me, like you're doing all three. IMO, of course.

Well, shit, I might as well also point out that translucent pots are horrible. The roots do NOT want to see ANY light. Also, tin foil, is worse than nothing, as it creates hot spots.

Bobby Stainless Guest
    Chances are you are over feeding, and it has created nutrient lock out.

Your ph could be off too.

Let it dry some, then just use water to feed. Hopefully that will green it back up some.

I use Coco, because I want to know exactly what my plants are getting. Potting mixes and such, are hard to dial in, because the ferts are already mixed in.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    Those little guys don't need fertilizer.
    Biggest mistake people make is over fertilizing. Well, that and over watering, or using a soil mix that stays too moist. Looks to me, like you're doing all three. IMO, of course.

Well, shit, I might as well also point out that translucent pots are horrible. The roots do NOT want to see ANY light. Also, tin foil, is worse than nothing, as it creates hot spots.
    Well thanks for the advice guys. See where the internet got me! I am not going to transfer again, to avoid more shock. I will wait at least a week or two. Maybe I will just cover the jug. I'll back off on everything a bit. I put holes in the bottom, so there is some drainage.

One other question that might be...well bad. My CFL's are in the 10,000k range. I read you wanna stay in the 8000K for veg. This puts the light a bit more blue almost purple on the spectrum. Could this actually be damaging?

Well I don't know the answer to that, but...

...the Pax came yesterday. Obviously with it being so new I have no idea on battery life, durability, etc.

First impressions: This thing is f'in cool. I got it in black and I'd recommend that for stealthiness. It looks like a piece of camera gear or maybe some sort of voice recorder or something. No one would look at it and think it's something to smoke out of. It's smaller than the pics in that article^^^ make it seem. It's basically like a bic lighter on steroids. It's about as tall as the width of your hand, circumference is probably 50% more than a lighter, so it's easily palmable. Smooth and sleek with no sharp edges, fits great in a pocket, you barely know it's there.

Basic operations (charging, loading, checking battery level) really couldn't be simpler or better thought out. Nothing to it. In use it's a lot different than the MFLB. Rather than the "sipping" technique MFLB fans seem to advocate, just go ahead and hit that thang. Kinda slow, but strong and steady is fine. Careful because stealthiness is severely compromised if you start hacking in the middle of a movie theatre. Not that I would know.

It's twice as expensive as the MFLB and imo at least twice as cool. And to me, way easier to use. It comes with a 10-year warranty but I don't know if the company's even been around 10 years, much less whether they'll still be around 10 years from now. I'll report back on battery life etc. when I have more info. After using it several times yesterday the battery still shows a full charge so we'll see what happens with that.

All in all though, I love this thing so far.

^^^ thanks for review.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

I love this thing so far.
    I can second everything iceman just said about the Pax, got mine - in black as well - about a week ago and next to the Volcano, this is the second best vaporizer i've ever used (I own a Volcano, MFLB, and used to own one of those Vapor Brothers boxes with the whips). It's kind of like Apple started making vaporizers, that's how it feels to me at least. Hell, it even has "Designed in California. Assembled in China" written on it's back!

For any Seattle/Western Washington folks, I picked mine up in Seattle (Sam's Smoke Shop - i think) while doing some Christmas shopping, with the original intent of just "taking a look" so I could order it online later. But after fondling it for a minute or two and finding out the owner was charging $230 for it, (so with tax it was like $251, possibly cheaper than online by a few bucks once you factor in shipping, tax, etc) I was sold. Money well spent for people looking to ditch combustion and have the luxury of being able to smoke pretty much anywhere you go without drawing attention to oneself.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Well I don't know the answer to that, but...

...the Pax came yesterday. Obviously with it being so new I have no idea on battery life, durability, etc.

First impressions: This thing is f'in cool. I got it in black and I'd recommend that for stealthiness. It looks like a piece of camera gear or maybe some sort of voice recorder or something. No one would look at it and think it's something to smoke out of. It's smaller than the pics in that article^^^ make it seem. It's basically like a bic lighter on steroids. It's about as tall as the width of your hand, circumference is probably 50% more than a lighter, so it's easily palmable. Smooth and sleek with no sharp edges, fits great in a pocket, you barely know it's there.

Basic operations (charging, loading, checking battery level) really couldn't be simpler or better thought out. Nothing to it. In use it's a lot different than the MFLB. Rather than the "sipping" technique MFLB fans seem to advocate, just go ahead and hit that thang. Kinda slow, but strong and steady is fine. Careful because stealthiness is severely compromised if you start hacking in the middle of a movie theatre. Not that I would know.

It's twice as expensive as the MFLB and imo at least twice as cool. And to me, way easier to use. It comes with a 10-year warranty but I don't know if the company's even been around 10 years, much less whether they'll still be around 10 years from now. I'll report back on battery life etc. when I have more info. After using it several times yesterday the battery still shows a full charge so we'll see what happens with that.

All in all though, I love this thing so far.
    Rad review and makes me want one. What movie? I lol'd.

How cool is the vapor? I like the MFLB because I can cool the stream with the temp control and a glass stem.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Well I've never used a volcano, so I'm not sure how the temp compares to that. Doesn't seem any hotter than the MFLB. There are three heat settings, medium is the default and that's all I tried yesterday. Certainly its not very hot. The unit itself does get pretty warm though. Not scorching but definitely warm. For skiing this would be sort of awesome I think. It'd be like a nice smooth high-tech handwarmer. I'll find out how it works skiing soon!

edit: Abraham Lincoln was the movie.
    Last edited by iceman; 12-15-2012 at 02:42 PM.

The mflb was a thumbs down this week at WB....ended up mostly smoking j's.....to finicky to get the screen temp right for decent vapor and the charger shit the bed. Pax is the next attempt for outdoor use. Anyone try it out on the hill?
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Reported temperatures for the 3 settings are:

Low - 370 degrees (Temp. I usually set my Volcano to)
    Medium - 390
    High - 410

I prefer medium as well. The vapor itself is not hot by any means, but there is definitely a warmth to it. Also, the hole on the mouthpiece is actually a really small opening so while you can pull as hard as you want, there is a "restricted" feel as you inhale.

Bobby Stainless Guest
    Washington (CNN) – President Barack Obama says that federal law enforcement agencies have "bigger fish to fry" than prosecuting marijuana users in Colorado and Washington, which voted in November to legalize the recreational use of marijuana.
    Obama made explicit in an interview to air Friday on ABC News that prosecution of marijuana users in the two states would be placed low on his Justice Department's list of law enforcement priorities, but that certain issues must still be ironed out as more states could pass similar legislation.

"This is a tough problem, because Congress has not yet changed the law," Obama said. "I head up the executive branch; we're supposed to be carrying out laws. And so what we're going to need to have is a conversation about, How do you reconcile a federal law that still says marijuana is a federal offense and state laws that say that it's legal?"
    In a statement Monday, U.S. Attorney John Walsh said that the Department of Justice is "reviewing" the initiatives passed in both states and that the department's "responsibility to enforce the Controlled Substances Act remains unchanged."
    "Regardless of any changes in state law, including the change that will go into effect on December 10 in Colorado, growing, selling or possessing any amount of marijuana remains illegal under federal law," Walsh said.
    The Justice Department is familiar with negotiating contradictory state and federal laws on marijuana. Aside from the two states which have legalized recreational use of marijuana, 18 states and the District of Columbia have allowed legal use of the drug for medical reasons.
    Marijuana is listed as a Schedule I drug by the Drug Enforcement Agency, meaning it's dangerous and has no medical use. Other Schedule I drugs include heroin, ecstasy, and psychedelic mushrooms. Medical marijuana advocates say it should be listed under Schedule II, comparing it to other prescription painkillers that have a high potential for abuse.
    In California alone, more than 1,000 medical marijuana dispensaries are in business, employing thousands and providing state and local governments as much as $105 million in taxes each year.
    But federal prosecutors are getting tougher. Last year, law enforcement agents seized 3.9 million plants in the Golden State and were poised to collect more this year.
    Marijuana advocates say the attack collides with California's law and goes against a campaign promise by Obama to not circumvent the state's relaxed rules.
    A USA Today/Gallup poll conducted after November's election indicted 64% of Americans felt the federal government should not take steps to enforce federal anti-marijuana laws in states where it has been made legal for recreational use.
    A Quinnipiac University poll conducted between November 28 and December 3 showed 51% of registered voters nationwide thought marijuana should be made legal in the United States, compared to 44% who thought it should remain illegal.

Cool.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Well thanks for the advice guys. See where the internet got me! I am not going to transfer again, to avoid more shock. I will wait at least a week or two. Maybe I will just cover the jug. I'll back off on everything a bit. I put holes in the bottom, so there is some drainage.

One other question that might be...well bad. My CFL's are in the 10,000k range. I read you wanna stay in the 8000K for veg. This puts the light a bit more blue almost purple on the spectrum. Could this actually be damaging?
    IMO CFL's are great for early veg.

Bobby Stainless Guest
    Any CFL will work fine for veg. None of them will damage the plants.

You have nutrient lockout. Your plants, for whatever reason, are not able to uptake the nutrients.

You need to make sure the ph stays between 5.8-6.0. Stop feeding them.

Let the soil dry some. Young plants need to establish good root systems. They achieve this faster when the soil is not always wet.

Are those clones or from seed? They look like they are from seed.

These are going into five gallons, and then into the flower room. I have no idea what the plant in the front is....

A Blue Sonja monocrop at 18 days in.
    Last edited by Bobby Stainless; 12-16-2012 at 07:54 AM.

Yes, from seed. I am amateur at this, in a town with no hydro store.

Sent from my ADR6350 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Chances are you are over feeding, and it has created nutrient lock out.

Your ph could be off too.

Let it dry some, then just use water to feed. Hopefully that will green it back up some.

I use Coco, because I want to know exactly what my plants are getting. Potting mixes and such, are hard to dial in, because the ferts are already mixed in.
    Excuse my ignorance but what is "Coco"? You certainly don't mean hot chocolate.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Excuse my ignorance but what is "Coco"? You certainly don't mean hot chocolate.
    Coco fiber. It's mainly used for growing hydroponically.

Main thing is you want a growing medium that is NOT providing any nutrients, so that you have complete control of the nutrients. Standard grow mix is perlite, vermiculite, and peat moss. Then you water it with a properly ph balanced mix of exactly the nutrient mix that you want to feed for that specific stage of it's growth.

Just be ware that any nutrients for most plants will be way wrong for weed plants. Usually use 1/4 of the same amount suggested, if you're not using weed specific nutes.