Page 371 of 371 FirstFirst ... 366 367 368 369 370 371
Results 9,251 to 9,264 of 9264
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240313_113612.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	490428Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240313_164628.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	490427
    Germing seeds
    MPK x greasemonkey
    and a few Dosi Lato bagseed

So none of the purple monkey seeds popped but 2 of the 3 dosi-lato are up
    Starting these today
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240322_105441.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	491467
    Blue Cookies (bagseed)

WEED, The Official Thread

https://www.bath.ac.uk/announcements...w-study-finds/

CBD products don’t ease pain and are potentially harmful – new study finds
    There is no evidence that CBD products reduce chronic pain, and taking them is a waste of money and potentially harmful to health, new research finds.

They found:

CBD products sold direct to consumers contain varying amounts of CBD, from none to much more than advertised.

CBD products sold direct to consumers may contain chemicals other than CBD, some of which may be harmful and some illegal in some jurisdictions. Such chemicals include THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the main psychoactive component of the cannabis plant.

Of the 16 randomised controlled trials that have explored the link between pain and pharmaceutical-grade CBD, 15 have shown no positive results, with CBD being no better than placebo at relieving pain.

A meta-analysis (which combines data from multiple studies and plays a fundamental role in evidence-based healthcare) links CBD to increased rates of serious adverse events, including liver toxicity.

The way that article was written seems like big pharma paid for it. Quickly looking I didn't see a direct link to any one study and another quick search on Elsevier shows they've been paid by Merck for articles in the past.

I'm not saying CBD is some wonder drug as I've used it with mixed results and I know people who don't smoke weed and swear by their CBD for certain pain.

So come April 1 it’s legal over here in Germany!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post

There is no evidence that CBD products reduce chronic pain, and taking them is a waste of money and potentially harmful to health, new research finds.

They found:

CBD products sold direct to consumers contain varying amounts of CBD, from none to much more than advertised.

CBD products sold direct to consumers may contain chemicals other than CBD, some of which may be harmful and some illegal in some jurisdictions. Such chemicals include THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the main psychoactive component of the cannabis plant.

Of the 16 randomised controlled trials that have explored the link between pain and pharmaceutical-grade CBD, 15 have shown no positive results, with CBD being no better than placebo at relieving pain.

A meta-analysis (which combines data from multiple studies and plays a fundamental role in evidence-based healthcare) links CBD to increased rates of serious adverse events, including liver toxicity.
    Yes, but - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9288157/

"In conclusion, CBD is an excellent alternative to an opioid in chronic pain because CBD is non-intoxicating in its pure form. More clinical trials should be done to prove CBD's significance clinically and statistically."

As published by the National Institutes of Health.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post

They found:

This article is kind of ridiculous. UK has no retail regulations for selling the products and no pre sale testing. They then say that the medically available does work. This is more of a beat down on black market products than CBD.

The USA usually does as long as you are buying from a reputable source. CBD has been proven to medically work in the USA and the UK is years behind in any cannabis research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only “CBD” pills I’ve tried that had any effect on me at all have had “delta 8” listed in their ingredients. Delta 8 is a close variant of THC (which is also called delta 9). Not quite as strong as delta 9, but you certainly can get a buzz off it, and tends to take your mind off any pain you might have. Under the federal hemp law it is considered legal by the courts in states like Texas provided it is under a certain percentage by weight.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    The only “CBD” pills I’ve tried that had any effect on me at all have had “delta 8” listed in their ingredients. Delta 8 is a close variant of THC (which is also called delta 9). Not quite as strong as delta 9, but you certainly can get a buzz off it, and tends to take your mind off any pain you might have. Under the federal hemp law it is considered legal by the courts in states like Texas provided it is under a certain percentage by weight.
    I do agree that it takes an insane amount of CBD to get a result. I switched to THC based salve and it works a million times better.

asking for a friend...

What's the best non-toxic cure for powdery mildew in last week? Vinegar/water at 5 to 1 has worked but upsets pH, drying up leaves.
    Been fighting it for weeks and it keeps raising its head and showing up. Currently plucking...

Harvest early. Even so, unless the mildew is not affecting the buds at all, Im not sure id put forth the effort to process those plants. Sorry.
    In with the 9.

WEED, The Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Muffcabbage View Post
    asking for a friend...

What's the best non-toxic cure for powdery mildew in last week? Vinegar/water at 5 to 1 has worked but upsets pH, drying up leaves.
    Been fighting it for weeks and it keeps raising its head and showing up. Currently plucking...
    Trifecta, it’s that all natural spray. Or a sulfur burner.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffcabbage View Post
    asking for a friend...

Magnesium chloride has worked for me. But it takes several days to work
    I’d probably chop now (1 week early)rather than risk more infection
    Longer term, gotta keep ambient rH below 40% to keep PM away