Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Crested Butte Stoke 2011-12

Never mind what the calendar says. It's winter out there Early-season snowmobiling treachery was worth the white room rewards. Here's a few pics from this past weekend.

Susan.

Alex (don't let this ripper-chick fool you with her name).

Mike.

Let the season begin
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

Above Irwin?

looks super nice and a lot deeper than on Saturday when i went out. Would it be too much to ask to go out touring with a few of you CB mags? First winter in the butte.

whip it - Not quite Irwin, but in the general area.

BDKeg- Shoot me a PM, we'll talk. It's always fun showing others around. Get yourself a sled if you don't have one already. It's key for the access around here.
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Jealous. Stoked to be heading home today.

BDKeg, got sled?
    working on getting one, hopefully in the next couple of weeks

Solid work. Wish it had dumped here. Had to seek out wind loaded locations to find pow. Was the heavy snowfall down there widespread? Up here, it looked like only the strongly favored orographics got any real snowfall, but those that did, got quite a bit. Snowfall seemed VERY polarized.

Gah! This looks awesome! I can't wait to get me suuuummmm CB this season. Anyone got any ideas of how much the resort will be opening with?

Trying to escape vail for my birthday this weekend, would it be worth hedn down with the sleds to ski? Supposed to get a little precip this weekend also.

siiickness...i need to get me some CB

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    today was great. really wanted to get back to purple, but looks like you need a snowmobile or the will to walk 5 miles out there from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by darth.gaper View Post
    Gah! This looks awesome! I can't wait to get me suuuummmm CB this season. Anyone got any ideas of how much the resort will be opening with?
    As D-side would say, "Hard tellin' not knowin'." But, I can tell you it's not going to be this really awesome opening where they have like 90% of the terrain open, unless we get dumped on this weekend. The ski area has snow and things are shaping up, but they still need a lot more snow. What they do have open will be where they have been blowing man-made snow. They will have a couple of runs off of Red Lady, and I'd suspect the Teocalli lift will be open also- if not opening day, then a couple of days later.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat67 View Post
    Trying to escape vail for my birthday this weekend, would it be worth hedn down with the sleds to ski? Supposed to get a little precip this weekend also.
    Definitely worth heading down with a sled.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Solid work. Wish it had dumped here. Had to seek out wind loaded locations to find pow. Was the heavy snowfall down there widespread? Up here, it looked like only the strongly favored orographics got any real snowfall, but those that did, got quite a bit. Snowfall seemed VERY polarized.

Most storms in CB favor orographics, particularly W and NW of town. That was the case this storm too. A few inches fell in town, and two feet fell just a few miles NW of town. It's a very normal thing here, wind or no wind. And, yes, we had wind. Lots of it. But the Elks don't get as battered by the wind as the Front Range.
    -
    14erskiers.com

Just rolled into town. Have the sled, but currently have a very unworthy vehicle to tow it, that will be resolved next week though. So, if anyone wants to get out tomorrow/thurs/fri/etc I would love to!!!

A pal offered my a couch to sleep on in CB, so at some point this winter I'll finally get my butt to the Butte! (s'bout time O!)

Some shots out of the old thread....

Frank you back? Call me in the AM?
    Drive slow, homie.

Great pics. Looking forward to my first full ski season in CB. Was going to try and hold off on a sled purchase this year but might have to rethink that plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    I'm back, but I'm working. Got an expensive backpack to pay for and all...

agh seeing that makes the situation in Europe seem so much worse.... A skier can only handle blue skies so long cause we are all on the verge of freaking out over here. Way to get after it looks mighty fun.

coming over the hill for opening day WROD.Crash nite before at friends, low expectations, pro-leisure breakfast a few turns, soak up a little ambience and head home for turkey day. Do have friend with sled, would like to hook-up with the Kebler-Wash gulch crew sometime for safety in numbers

Skied three fun laps with Z today. The snow was deeper and skied well up high, but definitely still thin lower down. We saw the remains of a pretty deep slab in Big Chute. Pretty excited to ski somewhere with less wind than the Front Range, and great getting out with ya Z!

More on my blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    Some shots out of the old thread....

As a CBer 75 thru 80, I approve of this post.
    "One Dollar, cheaper than a lift ticket and it lasts forever" Powder Winter 72-73 Issue #1

Great pics Goldenboy! Its been amazing how much the snow and weather have changed over the last three days.

Friday:

Saturday:
    mtbsc:

Goldenboy

Sunday:
    Luke

More on my blog

Nice pics Mike!

Those inquiring about opening day... word on the street is that both Red Lady and Teocalli will be open for opening day. Plans to have Paradise open by Dec 3rd.
    -
    14erskiers.com

Sick pics...thx for the stoke