Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I think I need to make a 'Time To Fuck' wall clock...You know, for those 'klassy' customers.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by PaSucks View Post
    Why would it even be an option? Who would knowingly leave that unchecked?
    It is an option for places like parts of Indiana and Arizona that do not have any Day Light Savings time at all.....Even if a clock does connect to the Atomic clock for updates - you still need to select your zone and location.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    It is an option for places like parts of Indiana and Arizona that do not have any Day Light Savings time at all.....Even if a clock does connect to the Atomic clock for updates - you still need to select your zone and location.
    Do you read the threads you post in or do you read until you go "oh I know the fucking answer to this question so I'm gonna quote it and respond"? The very next post after his said exactly what you did hours later. Thanks for your input genius.
    I think you have me confused with someone who is far less awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    The very next post after his said exactly what you did hours later. Thanks for your input genius.
    No mention of Indiana that I can read anywhere....

Who gives a fuck about Indiana? I said not all states (or the world) use DST and you decided to say the same thing hours later. Besides, fuck Indiana.
    I think you have me confused with someone who is far less awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    EDIT: Nope NIST sets "atomic" clocks. Doesn't really say how they keep their time.
    Gonna have to do some more wikipedia ing
    They set their time off of real atomic clocks that count seconds by tracking the changes in electronic frequency of atoms. One of the clocks is in Boulder.

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    Who gives a fuck about Indiana? I said not all states (or the world) use DST and you decided to say the same thing hours later. Besides, fuck Indiana.
    I think they straightened it out a few years ago, but nobody used to even know what time it was in Indiana. It was like different counties had different time zones, and some did DST and some didn't. Very confusing. So yeah, fuck Indiana.

Indianna may be almost completely useless other than the hospital in Elkhart. When I was about 5 and we took my bro to college in Wisco (yes WI, and yes, big age gap, and no, not an accident) my dad suffered a kidney stone. It's a like a 2 or 3 day drive each way from NY with a screaming kid.
    That's one of the only things I remember about the journey. So thanks, Elkhart!
    My dad seems to remember there were kids in there just riding the elevator up and down because it was the tallest thing for miles.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I went to Purdue and I completely agree Indiana is shit (Except Purdue basketball, Boiler Up!). They changed to DST when I was there. Before, it was just like we changed time zones from eastern to central when the time changed, but you didn't have to fuck with your clocks.

Turns out the inventor of this technology died today.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Turns out the inventor of this technology died today.
    It was his time.