Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dean Cummings' The Steep Life Movie Tour

Dean Cummings, ripper and guide extraordinaire, presents his new movie, "The Steep Life."

As a child, Dean Cummings, was introduced to the great outdoors and was committed to making a career in the wilderness. Today, Dean is a pioneer of Alaska helicopter skiing and educator of snow safety. "The Steep Life" documents his passion for the mountains and how that led to conquering two iconic first descents in the Chugach.

The Steep Life is all about a commitment to getting outside, living in the moment, and enjoying the great outdoors!

Take a look at the trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMzC...layer_embedded

The first tour dates are now available, but check back as additional tour dates will be forthcoming. Admission is free, so come on down for a good time with great folks. Also, at most of the stops, Dean will be giving his award-winning avalanche awareness presentation. So, you will get stoke and safety tips all in one fell swoop.

THE TOUR

November 2 - Durango, CO at 6:30p.m. (Second Avenue Sports, 600 East Second Avenue - 970.247.4511)

November 3 - Albuquerque, NM at 6:00p.m. (Sport Systems, 6915 Montgomery NE - 505.837.9400)

November 4 - Sante Fe, NM at 5:00p.m. (Alpine Sports, 121 Sandoval St. #B - 505.983.5155)

November 5 - Gunnison, CO at 4:00p.m. (Western State College, College Center, North Conference Room)

November 7 - Salida, CO at 6:30p.m. (Salida Mountain Sports, 110 North F Street - 719.539.4400) IMPORTANT: Complimentary beer provided by Three Barrels Brewing

November 8 - Eagle, CO at 7:00p.m. (Bonfire Brewing, 127 Second Street - 970.306.7113 * call to confirm time)

November 9 -Dillon, CO at 5:00p.m. (Be Snow Smart presentation at Christy Sports in Dillon, Movie at The Dillon Dam Brewery: call 970-486-4680 for exact details)

November 10 - Golden, CO at 8:00p.m. (Bent Gate Mountaineering, 1313 Washington Avenue - 303.271.9382)

November 11 - Denver (Wheat Ridge), CO at 7:30p.m. (Larson's Ski & Sport, 4715 Kipling Street, Wheat Ridge, CO - 303.423.0654)

November 12 - Denver (Centennial), CO at 5:00p.m. (Eskimo Ski & Board Shop, 8265 South Holly Street, Centennial, CO 80122- 303.761.1101) NOTE: Movie at 5:00p.m. and then Be Smart Avy Education at 5:45p.m.

November 17 - Reno, NV at 7:00p.m. (doors open at 6:00p.m.) (The Cargo Room at CommRow,
    255 North Virginia Street - 775.398.5400)

December 27 - Stratton, VT - Stratton Mountain Resort - Details to follow

SPAM ALERT: Also, on a somewhat related note, Dean has a new line of skis out. H20 Outdoor Gear (or H20G) is making three skis: Tazlina (108 underfoot), Kodiak (120 underfoot) and the Karen'cito' (133 underfoot). For more information, check out http://www.h20g.com or PM me. If you are in the Vail area, I have a pair of Kodiaks for demo and hope to have the full line soon so that you can take them for a spin. END SPAM ALERT.

Hope to see you out and about!
    Last edited by Switters; 12-02-2011 at 10:08 AM. Reason: New Tour Stops

Can't wait to check it out. Dean's done a ton for the sport and what a standup guy!

That Tusk footage looks un-real, like video game style footage!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Looks awesome, may have to fly out for the Nov 7 showing, come on FREE BEER!

hope this makes the icecoast.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Nice try to get back from Roaring Fork for Salida show. 3 Barrels is that Moonlight's?

Glad to hear that there is interest! I've had the good fortune to cross paths with Dean out in AK and in Las Lenas and his foremost concern is for snow safety, followed closely by making sure everyone around him is as stoked as he is.

I'll be at the Bonfire show next Tuesday and hope to see some of you there. I will likely be wearing an H20G t-shirt and a scraggly beard.

Check out the revised first post for a new tour stop in Dillon, CO on November 9.

Bump for showing at the Dillon Dam Brewery this Wednesday!

I'm excited to see him at Western State this afternoon

Bump for new tour stops in Wheat Ridge and Centennial, Colorado.

Hey Dean did a snow safety presentation and hour before the show which I caught the last half of in Salida. You may wish to show up early. I really like his approach to evaluation long on practical common sense and not so much on the techy shit

Just a friendly reminder to come out to Bonfire Brewing in Eagle at 7pm tonight to see the movie and hear Dean's snow safety presentation. Bonfire is doing drink specials prior to the movie, so feel free to head down there early, get some tasty brews, and meet Dean.

no jackson stop?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Not as of yet. I understand that there will be additional stops identified as the month rolls on. I will pass it along to the powers that be that Jackson should be a tour stop, but of course they probably know that already.

does anyone that knew Dean under the age of 25 find Irony in his teaching safety?

I know we all grow up, but thinking of him and safety in the same sentence just makes me smile a little!

That said, I would trust him with my life.

Utah? There's a few folks here who ski too.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

Same for Utah as for Jackson...he is only one man, so be patient with him. H2OG is based out of Cottonwood Heights, so I am assuming that he will be around Utah soon.

No ak stop is lame especially considering.

Did he ever get to showing the movie? I had to leave and get my daughter to bed. It was a school night after all.

Bump for tonights show at the dillon dam brewery.

And for those complaining about not getting a show, he booked this show less than a week ago, so don't count it out.

Really who wasnt/isnt a shit for brains on skis/board before the age of 25

Kya - He did end up showing the movie at the end of his presentation. Sorry we missed each other, I sort of showed up on the late side, with just enough time to say hi to Dean and then the presentation started.

Bump for a newly-announced show in Reno on November 17.

Bump for the first tour stop on the East Coast: Stratton, Vermont on December 27. More details to follow...

DVD? itunes?
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel