Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    boot top downy feathers at ww this morning. a peak of the sun too. so beautiful out!

incoming pineapple this weekend, I'm a little scared, it looks a little too warm.

Looks like around 1300m for you guys on sun, forecasting up to 1600m for us on sun. Boo!
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

ec is giving us 9C in Sat and 10C on Sun. confort level maximum is about 6. are you looking at snow forecast? maybe they'll be right for once... although they say 1850 for Mon so they probably think the warm is coming a day late.

mashed tater time!

Here it is...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AVI_XT_Whitewater.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	850.1 KB 
ID:	111345
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AVI_XT_Whitewater.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	111344  

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    ^^ wasn't trying to be a dick but aren't you worried about eating shit while going fast then having one of your skis smack you in the face while ragdolling? I would think properly set bindings/din should do the trick.
    ha, no I was just having a laugh.

I was thinking along the lines of the flagging tape dealios as opposed to old school leashes that actually keep your skis attached to you.

Look ridiculous as hell if they come loose but at least there is a bright pink or orange tail to locate the ski with.

The problem I had with this particular binding was I had just re(mis)adjusted the bindings from my AT boots to alpine boots. I sensed an issue earlier on in the day but always forgot to fix it by the end of the run, funny how empty chairs have that effect.

But seriously, I need to find some denim to ski in.

hef where did you get that and how can I get on that program?! low level would be great because it looks like a good dose of precip is coming. looks like ec is already downgrading, now we only have Sun at 9 and the other days at 6.

I was surprised at how hard it was to ski yesterday, delightful snow not withstanding. my legs were more tired after 3 days off than they were on the last day of my streak.

I've been sworn to secrecy. Just PM me when you want it and I will do my best to get it to you.

Looks like Revy will be amazing tomorrow....Wishing the roads weren't closed!

Unfuckingreal. Closed again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, Revelstokians, please make sure to post lots of POV of yourselves ripping up all that creamy goodness, so that I can watch it after spending the day trundling around SS telling myself how lucky I am to live in the Okanagan. OH YAY, GROOMERS AGAIN

Yesterday was incredible. Deep and reasonably light pow and no crowds. The snow was even deeper today but it was much heavier. If you got caught on anything low angle you would stop dead. It was still fun though.

And they still haven't opened the Sub Peak or Greeley, so tomorrow should be awesome too. You can still get here the long way via Vernon, Fauquier and Nakusp.

Gotta work tomorrow, so that's out. Going to see if starting out Friday nite before the Big Close will change my fortunes. Wish I could just move back to Revelstoke, thereby solving the access problem. Life sure gets in the way of fun, uh?

Tested the knee out last couple days in the Rockies. Checked out ok. Tomorrow fine tuning some sled issues. Thenhe interior is going to see a rape. March- April are going to go off. plans coming together stoked to share them with your all!

hef.... so.... daily? I'm a little weather-checking obsessed. heh. (I'll pm you)

what went on at red today? I might go there tomorrow (or hold off until tues) with some visiting euros.
    Last edited by sparkletarte.; 03-04-2012 at 11:21 PM.

Haven't been able to ski anything steep the past 2 weekends out now. So much new and the temps were yoyo-ing big time. Starting to enjoy the new sled more and more on days like saturday. Just gives you an option for fun on safe terrain.

Plus 2 at Silver Star's village at 5000ft last night at 10pm.

arg, we had a snowfall warning last night and this morning, and it's ended now and we didn't even get any snow. wtf?

oh yeah. +11 and sunny on Wednesday.

Somewhere near Revelstoke, last Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

I finally brought my camera out with me, but then I only took it out once.

Here's a shot of Your Mom's a Snowblader towards the end of the day Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexC View Post
    I finally brought my camera out with me, but then I only took it out once.

Here's a shot of Your Mom's a Snowblader towards the end of the day Monday.

He might not be so deep in the snow if he wasn't on snowblades

Nice.

some random pics from the last few weeks...

happy dog on top of evening ridge

ymir peak and whitewater in the background

yeah the jump!

and the landing

when twbarrett was visiting we hiked up to prospector on the far side of the treed centre knoll, with ymir peak in the background

on top of pros

twb

invisible lines

some of the most difficult skiing conditions of the year today. HST is up to 75cm but the top 40 is about 120kg/m3.. argh. Tips wanted to dive constantly (even with rockered 120 underfoot). Can't wait for this pack to finally settle over the next couple days

ha - coastal snow! Our light blower is 7%; the median is 8 - 10% At least it will be good spring skiing.

hehe yea.. I told Bruce it reminded me of my coastal days. ah well, can't win em all!

hello Kootenay mags/magettes! Wondering about places to rent in Rossland/Trail/Fruitvale area - anyone have any heads up on places &/or where to look?
    It seems my better half has found work so we're looking to make the move shortly. Unfortunately we'll probably miss the skiing this season but we should be just in time for biking weather

PM me if its easier, I don't want to clog this thread too much.

Endure,

I am heading to the Trout Lake area for 3 days on Thursday. What do you see the avi conditions doing in your neck of the woods for the weekend? I know its pretty much impossible to forecast that far ahead but I was thinking it should calm down a bit with the forecasted warm day temps and cool nights? Looks like some decent precip for the weekend though.

Thanks.

wtf rain next week? Ihope it's snow up in the mountains. anyway I'll be at ww all next week some touring in the nearby parks. orange jaket black pants and mantra volkl skis. if u see me throw a snowball at me and say go the F back to jersey! safety during beers after