Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiilbert View Post
    Have a good trip east!! Be expecting a phone call from me soon for a few Rockies missions. Victoria and Stanley? http://vertical-unlimited.smugmug.com/Skitouring-1
    thanks man.. back here with awesome news of an nserc scholarship.. yay. and it is snowing too! seems I bring the snow wherever I go. let me know on upcoming missions. i'm away early may for the CAA meeting but fair-game after (and potentially some before)

freshcast is looking good for the weekend. I can handle another April Pow day....
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

15 fresh for closing day at big white was a nice surprise.

Sad for the end of the season though. I highly doubt I'll get any spring touring days in as Mrs. Poz is due with Poz jr any day now and I need to be close when the call comes.

Well that sucked....

Even the North facing stuff had all slid, cornice failure, then refrozen with about 15cms of fresh on top.

So we built a jump and I ate shit all day into a crusty landing. So sore.....

Quote Originally Posted by Poz View Post
    15 fresh for closing day at big white was a nice surprise.

Sad for the end of the season though. I highly doubt I'll get any spring touring days in as Mrs. Poz is due with Poz jr any day now and I need to be close when the call comes.
    It was probably one of my better mornings this season. I made the first two sets of tracks down my favorite run, discovered a top to bottom tree route and then the clouds broke long enough for a full visibility run off the falcon chair. And I did it all in a bright green 1 piece. It's a sad day putting away all the winter stuff.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

I forgot to message you that I was heading up, have to wait till next season I guess.

Falcon was good. Visibility was much better than the typical braille skiing that it usually is.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    It was probably one of my better mornings this season. I made the first two sets of tracks down my favorite run, discovered a top to bottom tree route and then the clouds broke long enough for a full visibility run off the falcon chair. And I did it all in a bright green 1 piece. It's a sad day putting away all the winter stuff.

Pretty good weekend I thought. The fresh snow sat on a bit of a crust, but it wasn't so bad. Was hoping for a sunny day to get up high, but a little powder is okay, too.

had some nice boot deep off of bruins pass yesterday. just enough light without sun effect. all the way up i was hoping the sun didn't pop out. lots of activety from the sunny days. i think i'll poke around on some noorth facing tomorrow, a couple of the fans on the way out were skiing well

Couple of good runs from this season - just me hard at work.

No pics, but we did an Old Glory mission yesterday, skiied the E face, and then got some turns on the Hanna Peak chutes.

Snow quality was lacking, but acceptable, and the fog was challenging, although it cleared for our descent - that was nice. Good coverage still.

Lots of precip o/n last night - any body get some fresh this morning?

nice day up high at the pass yesterday. dragged my ass to the summit of castor
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	306295_420580214636405_100000532910576_1492099_1466054184_n.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	114775

Name:	527272_420507887976971_100000532910576_1492038_627530929_n.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	114776

Nice Grinch!! This rain can fuck right off anytime it wants to...
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

It rained to 2300m last night here. 2300m!!! Went biking and did some trail work again. N faces here are prob sheets of ice now. grrrr

ya we need some cold clear nights. sounds like the same everywhere. coast right through to the rockies. cooling by thurs or fri. still super thick on the icefields parkway. may could be awesome

Leaving golden to Nelson tomorrow.

Very interested in doing some touring while in the area. Please let me know if you anyone wants to do some touring.
    Looking for the next turn..

I'm game Teo, anytime, funemployed by the government.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

quick lap off lookout this morn. pleasantly surprised with 6-8 of fresh for 600m, then some supportive corn Click image for larger version. 

Name:	524749_426580590703034_100000532910576_1507356_566256628_n.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	115122

Bout this time last year we dug deep into our pockets and plopped down some cash to do some snowcat skiing up in BC, Monashees and Selkirks. It seemed like a crazy thing to do coming off an outrageous season at Kirkwood. But come February 2012 things were not firing up in Tahoe and heading off to BC seemed like a perfect choice, and more like blind assed luck.

We did 3 days with K3 and 6 days with Great Northern, it took saving up some major coin but we skied our asses off and got plenty of fresh lines, but it was a major pain in the ass getting hit with snow in the face just about every turn and it was hard to breath.

The skiing was great the lines and features were as exciting as we wanted to make them. We had some limits due to all the snow we were getting and the fear that the hoar layer was making for some unstable snow.

I could go on and on about our great time in BC and how friendly and warm the Canadians were. But the truth is I don't get my planks out of California at all, so this was the first time we ever loaded our skis onto a plane let alone snow cat skied, and we had the time of our life! It will be a while before we can save up for another trip.

The snow was great, all those storms that were missing CA were all hammerin BC and we were there! Bizango!?

anyone gone up to Apex post-closure? I'm down in Penticton for a meeting and thinking of skinning up for a few laps on Wednesday.. they okay with that?

Got turned around by some massive slide debris but found a easy up to the summit of the pinnacles. Vernon got about 40mm of rain on thurs and I figure you could double that for this area of the monashees. Missed it by a week, next year.

Name:	DSC_0408.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	115181

This chute goes all the way up around that giant pillar of rock

Name:	DSC_0447.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	115182

^^^that looks saweeet!

Damn. Clearly that chute needs to be skied. Aspect?

And uhhh, bring your camera to Revy and I'll clean the sensor for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

yeah, sorry about the camera..... haha.

Aspect is E/SE not ideal, but it would be a great spring line. Tops out at about 8400ft, southern monashees.

Here is the north facing side of the same ridge from valentines day.

Name:	DSC_0049.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	115222

Name:	wall with line.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	115223

That was pontus,

Sweet. Will be around the nelson area. Toured around whitewater the other day and scoped some terrain we'd like to ski.
    I bet there is some other stuff around that is cooler to ski, so if you know something special you can show us.

Me and my buddy from revy are wwoofing in the Slocan at the moment. Moving closer to Nelson in a few days. Next window for touring will probably be this weekend. Let me know when you want to go..

Cheers
    Looking for the next turn..

Those zones sure look nice El Hefe, might not be able to stop myself from poking around there atleast once next season. Only seven more months of work