Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Endure,

I am heading to the Trout Lake area for 3 days on Thursday. What do you see the avi conditions doing in your neck of the woods for the weekend? I know its pretty much impossible to forecast that far ahead but I was thinking it should calm down a bit with the forecasted warm day temps and cool nights? Looks like some decent precip for the weekend though.

Thanks.
    I can't speak specifically for Trout Lake as I found conditions around there a fair amount different than Fidelity, but in general Feb 8 and 16 SH is down about 130-150 now, still well preserved and reactive across the Selkirks/Monashees/Purcells/Rockies from Na, Sa, and Sc. The worry here would be thin spots or daytime warming. Furthermore, we have an upside-down snowpack with 20cm of low density PP on 50cm of moderate density DF's on 30cm of low density DF's. These were producing mainly PC and RP's. Looks like some quite warm temperatures coming in, so I'd be worried about the extra loading and potential weakening on S aspects. And yes, looks like some extra loading this weekend, but we'll have to wait and see where the front hits before putting too much confidence in that. Overall, I'd say dig some pits, do some tests, and be relatively conservative!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    hello Kootenay mags/magettes! Wondering about places to rent in Rossland/Trail/Fruitvale area - anyone have any heads up on places &/or where to look?
    It seems my better half has found work so we're looking to make the move shortly. Unfortunately we'll probably miss the skiing this season but we should be just in time for biking weather

PM me if its easier, I don't want to clog this thread too much.
    Try bhubble and Rossland News for Rossland and Pennywise for the general area. I'd guess there's some Rossland winter rentals that will be vacated in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by talus View Post
    wtf rain next week? Ihope it's snow up in the mountains. anyway I'll be at ww all next week some touring in the nearby parks. orange jaket black pants and mantra volkl skis. if u see me throw a snowball at me and say go the F back to jersey! safety during beers after
    not to fear, it's the sun and 10C this week that's more of a concern. I'm stoked to see the precip coming, it's a bit warm but a little wind will make it all okay.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkletarte. View Post
    Try bhubble and Rossland News for Rossland and Pennywise for the general area. I'd guess there's some Rossland winter rentals that will be vacated in the spring.
    Pretty much this. Also check out Kijiji. Stuff is starting to be advertised now, as winter leases are coming up.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

ok thanks for the heads up. I did look at kijiji already, I guess I was surprised there weren't more options.

some random pics from the last few weeks...

twb

invisible lines
    Sweeet!

I attached one of you, although its a little small...

Anyways, I'm coming back up next week, and planning on hitting ww, red and revy. I also have the option of doing castle, panorama and fairmount hot springs if they have better weather, but they are out of my intended route. Any suggestions? It would be sweet to meet up with anyone in any of those spots to show me around, or anyone who is doing short tours?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1331172828.667984.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	111833  

The three-metre diving board at the hot springs is the gnarliest thing at Fairmont. The ski hill itself is a bunny hill.

Obvious better bet would be Fernie. If you do head that way, post in the Cnd Rockies thread.

Endure, thanks. We will be taking it easy for sure. Things have been super touchy around my neck of the woods the past 3 weeks.

Looks like a pretty big dump this fri eve - sat afternoon. Up to 40mm of precip.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

Sick pictures wiibert!

Wondering if I should skip through rossland and nelson on my way north to revelstoke, or do red and whitewater first then head north? I would be leaving tomorrow and spending the week between the three, but right now I am just trying to figure out what would work best with the forecasts.

Advice anyone? And anyone in revy that would want to meet up for a few laps?

nice pics man.. yesterday was fun!

not sure if this will help, but it has been snowing here at the pass consistently since 10am. Looks like about 10-15cm at Fidelity so far, which should be relatively consistent with RMR. Not sure what is happening down in Nelson, but it will be good around here this weekend (albeit probably a bit heavy)

I just pointed twb to revy. nothing is happening here yet but I have high confidence we'll get a good dose tomorrow and onwards. I think we're getting primed for a big week! temps look fine at 5C, snow level 1200m max, nice looking jet stream. march madness!

silver star radar is down... sad face.

Spent the night up at the Igloo Hut in the Rossland Range. Did a couple laps off of Plewman Ridge north, lots of wind schralped, main objective was the obvious couloir which was abandoned. Plan B yielded some soft cream in a much more protected aspect.

Didn't witness any activity, though spotted some crowns from this last week. 50s has slid, ripped right to ground in some spots. Last 24hrs probably, crown was quite obvious, looks as though it stepped down to some of the deeper instabilities. Old Glory looking kinda tough....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0052.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	112034Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0057.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	112036Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0054.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	112035Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0062.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	844.8 KB 
ID:	112037
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

twb, not certain what my plans are but fire me your cell and I'll text you if I head to the hill tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

I think march madness has been going to anger management classes.

Quote Originally Posted by twbarrett View Post
    Sick pictures wiibert!

Wondering if I should skip through rossland and nelson on my way north to revelstoke, or do red and whitewater first then head north? I would be leaving tomorrow and spending the week between the three, but right now I am just trying to figure out what would work best with the forecasts.

Advice anyone? And anyone in revy that would want to meet up for a few laps?
    My buddy and I are also driving north from Spokane today, tentatively planning to head to White Water. Given that we only have 3 days (mon - wed)and the avy forecast looks scary, anyadvice re whether we should stick with White Water and Nelson area + touring or instead consider Driving on to Revel/Rogers's? For either objective, Nelson or Rev, is there any one around that' d want to meet up, catch some runs and maybe do a lift assisted tour?

Twbarrett and Lillewellyn- I'm skiing at RMR usually 4 days a week or so and am happy to show some mags around for a while. Blue Jacket, Orange pants and a big ass Troy Lee D-2 helmet. Ask for change.

Brendan

Skied a bunch of laps in Ursus tress yesterday, great skiing up high...elephant snot below 1500m.
    Lots of big debris from the cycle early in the week, I've never seen so much action below the Xmas Trees/Waterfall right over to Frequent Flyer.

in theory, tues will be ww's biggest day of the year.

Great snow in the Selkirks over the weekend. Little bit on the heavy side but man it was deep and soft.

Little sample:

Once again please turn down the volume. I scream a lot.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

red's as well. here's hoping! keep coming, mamma nature!!

were you up today? from 1-3 it was great in a few select areas... the areas I was anyways.

Ha. Time to move the cam up, it's about to get buried. I think about 15cm up top so far. If these two sticks are gone by tomorrow morning, it's ON.

Bonus shot from this morning:

gorgeous shot! the cam moved, the squid is gone! Now I have to decide... red or ww?!

heading up now. you can thank me later for bringing the snow