Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffro83 View Post
    well red was friggin awesome today....rode with That was Pontus for a while...till i lost a friggin ski in the 2nd gulley of oil can on granite. anyone who has a probe & shovel in the red area that wants beer...let me know. might try to organize a small group ski-find, so i can tour after the season's done. 2.5-3hr of searching did nothing. even with 1hr of metal detector usage (though it did find my cell phone, which i lost, mid-ski-search. schwing!) might be hooped until summer for the ski.

if by any weird chance the few red skiers on tgr come across a 177cm volkl mantra w/ black marker dukes on it...you know who to call!

at least i have my pow skis for tomorrow.
    Jeff,

Did you let Dispatch or Guest Services know? I assume so because you had the metal detector... It also helps to tie a bright cloth or flag on the tree closest where you bailed out on, and look downhill from there.

that sucks. Happened to me earlier this season on Big White. Spent an hour and half looking to no avail.

I went back with snowshoes and a shovel to make the search easier than postholing. Ended up finding it within 10 minutes after putting on the snowshoes. Deep in a tree well. I never would have gone under that tree with no snowshoes on, I was sinking up to my waist with them anyway.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ryank View Post
    Jeff,

Did you let Dispatch or Guest Services know? I assume so because you had the metal detector... It also helps to tie a bright cloth or flag on the tree closest where you bailed out on, and look downhill from there.
    i let dispatch know (they knew from one of the volly patrollers that had radioed in already, but i had to drop off the flagging tape after anyway, so i touched base again). flagged the 3 closest trees, all within about 50ft or so of where i figure it's got to be. tomorrow might be another pow day, which i'll clearly be skiing...in which case good friday will be my last search day before the end of red's season (coincidentally, my birthday...has to be good ski finding luck, right?).

If you don't find it this weekend Jeff, I can help from Monday on. I'm super motivated, all my other touring partners are sick, broken or working.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

Quote Originally Posted by That was Pontus View Post
    If you don't find it this weekend Jeff, I can help from Monday on. I'm super motivated, all my other touring partners are sick, broken or working.
    will entirely take you up on that if i haven't found it by then...if i find it earlier, laps on robbie for 'free day' on monday.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro83 View Post
    will entirely take you up on that if i haven't found it by then...if i find it earlier, laps on robbie for 'free day' on monday.
    ski located! metal detector present but not needed. buddy of mine had a hunch when he spotted a little shimmer of light in a tree well a ways away from where we were looking yesterday. a 12pack of beer has been purchased for the champ who now allows me to keep skiing this season!

Awesome.

Good to hear about the ski.

Meanwhile, I just skied some of the lightest, blower pow of the year today at RMR.

A few from the Montana Bowl area today. Solar aspects are cooked, though softened around noon. North and East facing areas have great pow, though sluffing pretty good as evidenced in the last photo.

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

Wow, lights out early after that deck party. Free day at Red, so a bunch of us are going to head up to Record Ridge.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

Nice shots Wiibert!

2 epic days this weekend, here is a sample.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	method.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	437.8 KB 
ID:	114017
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Nice shots Wiibert!

2 epic days this weekend, here is a sample.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	method.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	437.8 KB 
ID:	114017
    SIck. Where was that at Hefe?

One of the closed cat ops in the area. So sick for april, best couple days of the year for me!

Got a ton of great photos, just got to go through them.

Meanwhile, here is little vid from our March adventures

Damn Ryan, solid work as always. Maybe I can manage to get my shit together and actually pick up a sled for next season...

There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

Rob, how were the woops (bumpy trail) at Mustang? Heard it was a bit of a gong show, like 60+ sleds on sat. Nice pics, can't believe how well the snow held up.

We were told at the trailhead that the 13k trail was pretty bad and 21k was the way to go. We had no problems with that route, apart from a mini land slide that you have to drive over. The place was empty Sunday, saw a total of 6 other sleds?

Good to hear. Was a little worried about getting out on Sunday, anything south facing below 2000m was starting to slide and pinwheel.

Love being able to ski pow then put on some shorts and flip flops for beers at the truck.

Damn, I already see some good stoke on this page alone. Some quick spam in your thread - TGR has pulled together some sweet prizes for a contest by the maggots, for the maggots:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ot-POV-Contest

We want to do it again next year, but we really need participation from all of you guys this year to get it off the ground. This season's contest is not limited to footage from this year- go back into your archives and pull out your sickest stuff. Or best beaters.

Was at Chatter on weekend. Unfortunately no skiing for me as I'm having knee issues but the rest of the boys shredded the shit out of it. 30cm if new and bluebird!

done! now if only the snow in my yard would melt so I could move on to the next season.

last day for me up here tomorrow.. back to calgary

south faces are full of corn mid-afternoon which is lovely. north powder has been affected since sunday with freezing level up to near-3000. One hell of a season with 111 days in here.. I guess it is time for spring tours in the rockies

Have a good trip east!! Be expecting a phone call from me soon for a few Rockies missions. Victoria and Stanley? http://vertical-unlimited.smugmug.com/Skitouring-1

if you go that way Wiilbert, stanley for sure but if you go around victoria area check out the lines on lefroy (3- 2000ft chutes 50-55 degrees). don't know what route your looking at on vic but a few days at abbot hut you have those 3 lines out your door as well as the sickle and eastface of vic for a finish and skiout

Quote Originally Posted by Wiilbert View Post
    Have a good trip east!! Be expecting a phone call from me soon for a few Rockies missions. Victoria and Stanley? http://vertical-unlimited.smugmug.com/Skitouring-1
    Starting late in the week i'll be on a traverse for 10 days, but if you're looking for people to hit either of those in May let me know....same applies with anything on this side actually. Maybe things will line up and actually get on a line this season. Still not up for day tripping Columbia though