View Poll Results: Obnoxious seat-back slammers....in your face....what do you do?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do nothing. Just take your lumps. The flight will be over in a few hours.

22 12.57%
  • Immediately put your seatback back...causing similar angst to the person behind you.

23 13.14%
  • Verbally abuse the guy, start a fight with him...TSA comes in and your both arrested.

2 1.14%
  • Waaap the back of that asshole's seat until he moves his seat back up some.

17 9.71%
  • Politely ask the guy to move his seatback up a bit.

15 8.57%
  • Alaskan Rover is a whiny bitch

96 54.86%
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'm only 6' tall but I have never had a problem with the person in front of me reclining their seats, although it would be nice if people will raise the seat back when they wander the aisles and during meals. If you fly a lot with a laptop buy one or a tablet that will work with the seat back reclined. Or read a book (PM me if you need me explain what that is.) Or take the bus or train. Oh wait, we don't high speed trains like the rest of the civilized world, but we're still the greatest country on earth and in history, USA USA USA.

And have a little sympathy for the flight attendants who are crammed on to the same cramped airplanes all day every day trying to get the carts up and down the aisle and dealing with the drunks and assholes on a regular basis. I've always been amazed by how cheerful most of manage to be, even when their airline is going belly up and they are facing pay and benefit cuts and layoffs.
    I too am 6' and lanky. I haven't gotten on an airplane in a couple years, but I used to fly once or twice a year when I was younger and my parents had a lot of miles (and they were easier to use). I do not recall this ever being a problem. Not even on those little commuter jets they use for small places like Missoula.

Who are all these people getting hit by the seatbacks and getting all butthurt and aggro? Maybe if you sat up in your seat, your knees wouldn't be touching the one in front of you. Listen to your mother and sit up!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

ive noticed recently on my international long haul flights that when a meal is served people are being asked by the stewardess to put their seat back up from being reclined.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Get working on that patent NoPostholio
    Done - going to build the prototype out of the broken half of a large laptop.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

I too am 6' and lanky. I haven't gotten on an airplane in a couple years, but I used to fly once or twice a year when I was younger and my parents had a lot of miles (and they were easier to use). I do not recall this ever being a problem. Not even on those little commuter jets they use for small places like Missoula.

Who are all these people getting hit by the seatbacks and getting all butthurt and aggro? Maybe if you sat up in your seat, your knees wouldn't be touching the one in front of you. Listen to your mother and sit up!
    I travel 2-3 times a month. For me and my lap top this is sort of what I'm talking about with the situation on the left getting worse the more the seat in front is reclined. If you're shorter in stature you don't have the issue as much. I need to get me one of those little lap top ramps. The little Horizon planes are great and I don't have this issue at all...generally just on the bigger planes.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

I take the radical step of not using my computer on planes. Sounds crazy I know.

I'd like to know who shot the dude on the left in the neck.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'd like to know who shot the dude on the left in the neck.
    the guy whose seat he locked upright?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Why are they pointing at his ass though?

Can't believe this hasn't been posted here yet. Don't any of you have kittens?:

Helloooooooooo Kitty!

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Why are they pointing at his ass though?
    Common side effect is to shit ones pants after a seat is reclined?

Kinda feels like this belongs here now too.

a big middle finger to the fat fucks who sit next to you and simply spill out over the seat and past their portion of the armrest (and then some), causing you to sit with self-inflicted scoliosis for the duration of the flight in order to avoid having to touch them in any way.

last flight, I was about as close as I've ever been to telling them to buy 2 seats next time.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    a big middle finger to the fat fucks who sit next to you and simply spill out over the seat and past their portion of the armrest (and then some), causing you to sit with self-inflicted scoliosis for the duration of the flight in order to avoid having to touch them in any way.

last flight, I was about as close as I've ever been to telling them to buy 2 seats next time.
    Sitting middle between two of these individuals is fun.

My parents are taking their labradoodle on the plane with them when they move to CA on Saturday. Like, with them, in the plane. That should be interesting.
    He's sorta just 40lbs of muppet fluff so it should be fun for everyone.
    No longer stuck.

My parents are taking their labradoodle on the plane with them when they move to CA on Saturday. Like, with them, in the plane. That should be interesting.
    He's sorta just 40lbs of muppet fluff so it should be fun for everyone.
    Unless he's their seeing eye dog, he's not going in the cabin. Most airlines have a 20lb limit including the carrier.

Yeah, they got him declared a service dog somehow. At least in a way recognized by United. Hahaha.
    No longer stuck.

Yeah, they got him declared a service dog somehow. At least in a way recognized by United. Hahaha.
    Airlines allow "emotional support animals" with a doctors note. It pisses people off and makes it harder on people who really need their service animals with them. (assuming from your attitude that the dog is just a pet dog and the doctors note is a joke).

Service dogs are way more than just seeing eye dogs, now, though. They can detect low blood sugar, predict seizures, smell peanuts, calm people with autism, PTSD, alert people with hearing impairment of sounds, help stabilize people with mobility issues...

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    They can...smell peanuts...
    Amazing.

I know a guy with a Lhasa apso that predicts his seizures

Pretty unmanly dog to be his constant companion

And I have no fucking idea how they train a dog to identify such a random thing, but goddam it knows how to do its job...pretty incredible

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Only when I fly to Atlanta.
    We should hang out.
    I still call it The Jake.

Well my Mom has apparently turned into some kind of super neurotic old Jewish lady so I guess he qualifies as a therapy dog.
    He actually comes from service dog breeders and somehow at only a couple months old whether or not they can be trained as seeing eye dogs. The ones that don't pass the muster go on to be pets. So he's got this amazing temperament.

The seizure thing is amazing.
    No longer stuck.

My mutt is also a therapy dog, so will I turn into a super neurotic Jewish lady... ?!

FTR, I think the weight limit is 12 lbs for a dog to fly in the cabin. Mine was 25 lbs at four months, but I managed to sweet talk the flight attendant who fell in love (with the puppy) and gave me a couple seats. He slept on my lap for half the flight, and sat quietly otherwise.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    And I have no fucking idea how they train a dog to identify such a random thing, but goddam it knows how to do its job...pretty incredible
    Apparently a dogs incredible sense of smell picks up on diseases. I've even heard of cancer detection.

I think my old springer was training to be a gynecologist.

Ha ha.. dogs can be crotch missiles... kind of embarrassing when they spook someone from behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Amazing.
    My dog can smell bacon, but it's considered an offensive trait in Vermont, so we don't brag about it anymore.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post

My dog can smell bacon, but it's considered an offensive trait in Vermont, so we don't brag about it anymore.

I still call it The Jake.