View Poll Results: Obnoxious seat-back slammers....in your face....what do you do?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do nothing. Just take your lumps. The flight will be over in a few hours.

22 12.57%
  • Immediately put your seatback back...causing similar angst to the person behind you.

23 13.14%
  • Verbally abuse the guy, start a fight with him...TSA comes in and your both arrested.

2 1.14%
  • Waaap the back of that asshole's seat until he moves his seat back up some.

17 9.71%
  • Politely ask the guy to move his seatback up a bit.

15 8.57%
  • Alaskan Rover is a whiny bitch

96 54.86%
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Japan joined NATO?

But I guess they are shorter on average so perhaps the recline isn't a big issue over there?
    Not that I know of.

People who fly a lot complain...provided that an alternative doesn't often exist, it's stupid to complain too much...but I do get the annoyance of having one's computer screen destroyed by an aggressive recline. It's not a 1st vs 3rd world (or 2nd world? Chinese, Belorussians, North Koreans, and Cuban's complain about air travel?) problem IMO...more like it's human nature to complain about relatively stupid shit.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Only first world countries (e.g., NATO countries) utilize planes for transportation? I can promise you there are citizens of non-NATO countries that complain about air transportation.
    Thanks for that, Mr. Literal.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Thanks for that, Mr. Literal.
    It's smart-ass Friday over here.

The seat moves back 2, maybe 3 inches, fucking first world problem at it's finest...

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    134 people actually voted in this poll? I know it's from years ago, but jesus fuck boys, get a life.
    and you had to chastise them because it's not one of the 10,000 things you bitch about on a daily basis. nice.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    134 people actually voted in this poll? I know it's from years ago, but jesus fuck boys, get a life.
    Says the guy who prolly voted.

I voted twice.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Check out the big brain on brad!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-08-29 at 6.07.18 PM.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	157834  
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    I voted twice.
    Nice. I voted once. Probably should vote again. Talk about first world problems.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    The seat moves back 2, maybe 3 inches, fucking first world problem at it's finest...
    Exactly…

^^ it's at least 5 inches if I slam it hard haha

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    ^^ it's at least 5 inches if I slam it hard haha
    PM Rontele

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

You guys read about this asshat using a Knee Defender? First I've even heard about such a device; I'd be pissed if someone used that on me.

I also don't understand you long-suffering whiners who leave your seat up. It's fucking uncomfortable as shit. I recline, every flight and at the first chance I get. Suck it.
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

Had a guy do it to me on a cross-country flight tonight. He was pretty much the only person on the plane reclining. At 6'3" it makes a difference to me. Fucker.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Had a guy do it to me on a cross-country flight tonight. He was pretty much the only person on the plane reclining. At 6'3" it makes a difference to me. Fucker.
    So sorry you can't afford first class -- it's the only way to fly! I bet you're okay charging fatties extra, too...

Quote Originally Posted by Swine View Post
    You guys read about this asshat using a Knee Defender? First I've even heard about such a device; I'd be pissed if someone used that on me.

I also don't understand you long-suffering whiners who leave your seat up. It's fucking uncomfortable as shit. I recline, every flight and at the first chance I get. Suck it.
    Fuck that fat fuck knee defender tool.

It's your fault for having your fat face too close to the seatback in front of you. There should be no problem here.

On a recent flight I put the seatback right into the face of a 14 y/o girl behind me -- on purpose! Why? Because the little bitch was listening to Beyonce on her phone WITHOUT headphones. I don't know what is wrong with Merica today?! But, as soon as I slammed my seatback into her and asked if she had headphones she STFU.

spook Guest
    I get to fly home tonight starting at midnight a day after having two neural blocks done between l5 and s1 and that is going to suck ass. Sitting is the worst (though standing and lying down are bad) and we'll have 9-10 hours flying time and a 3 hour layover. I'm sure by the time I get home I'll wish I could have two more injections. Oh yeah, and no first class because I can't got mo' money.

Maybe you can sweet talk your way into an emergency exit row. Way more room and the seats in front of them don't recline. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    So sorry you can't afford first class -- it's the only way to fly! I bet you're okay charging fatties extra, too...
    too bad you can't either. hope your flight sucked ballz.

Maybe you can sweet talk your way into an emergency exit row. Way more room and the seats in front of them don't recline. Just a thought.
    Part of the deal is you have to be capable of removing the door in an emergency.

spook Guest

that's what i usually do, though i didn't realize the seats in front didn't recline.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    too bad you can't either. hope your flight sucked ballz.
    i've never in my life bitched about flying in the cheap seats. i hate flying in its entirety. cramped spaces are the least of my concerns. glad to see i brought out the bitterness though.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Part of the deal is you have to be capable of removing the door in an emergency.
    not a problem. it's not that i can't do anything normal if i have to, it's that i should try to avoid it if possible. in an emergency there's nobody i'd rather have sitting in front of those doors than myself. i'm sure the adrenaline will kick in and i won't feel a thing. although my general feeling is that if i'm in the position of having to open the door, things are fucked up a lot worse than my back.

I like takeoff and landing and turbulence because it's when you actually feel like you're flying.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.