View Poll Results: Obnoxious seat-back slammers....in your face....what do you do?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do nothing. Just take your lumps. The flight will be over in a few hours.

22 12.57%
  • Immediately put your seatback back...causing similar angst to the person behind you.

23 13.14%
  • Verbally abuse the guy, start a fight with him...TSA comes in and your both arrested.

2 1.14%
  • Waaap the back of that asshole's seat until he moves his seat back up some.

17 9.71%
  • Politely ask the guy to move his seatback up a bit.

15 8.57%
  • Alaskan Rover is a whiny bitch

96 54.86%
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    I would think the person that sees the unzipped fly, and says nothing, and then goes home and posts a thread on TGR about how horribly offensive and rude people have gotten to be walking around, in public, with unzipped pants...
    Because there's a lot of posts like that.

wtf

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Because there's a lot of posts like that.

wtf
    It must be one of those women only websites ...........
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

For the record, since a lot of folks seemed to have missed the main emphasis:

It's not about some guy merely "putting his seat back"....people do that all the time on planes.

It's a about a PARTICULARLY obstinate jackass acting like an inconsiderate jackass the moment he walks aboard the plane....hitting people with his baggage, not saying he's sorry to them, continuing to talk LOUDLY on his cell after flight attendant told him 3 times to turn it off. And then SLAMMING the fucking seat back...without even paying attention or giving some sort of warning to the person behind., who may have the tray table down.

That's not the same as a guy "simply putting his seat back". I don't why so many fail to see that...it's damn weird.

If I were a "whiney bitch", I'd be whining bigtime about some ultra douche-nozzle like Advres using his ex-administrator privledges to offensively change a member's poll...something that really should be a bannable offense, as it is a misuse of privledge.

But I'm easygoing...so I just let it slide. Douche-nozzles like Advres and doughboy can't help that they're douche-nozzles, that's just part of who they are.
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

You hit the guys seat in an effort to make him put it back up. If the fact it was back wasnt the problem, wtf were you doing that for?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    If I were a "whiney bitch", I'd be whining bigtime about some ultra douche-nozzle like Advres using his ex-administrator privledges to offensively change a member's poll...something that really should be a bannable offense, as it is a misuse of privilege.
    "ex" admin? errrrrrr

First world problem much?

Regarding the issue at hand, I'd prolly not do much about the dude other than feel sorry for him as the karma he puts out must really suck on the return...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

It's a about a PARTICULARLY obstinate jackass acting like an inconsiderate jackass the moment he walks aboard the plane....hitting people with his baggage, not saying he's sorry to them, continuing to talk LOUDLY on his cell after flight attendant told him 3 times to turn it off. And then SLAMMING the fucking seat back...without even paying attention or giving some sort of warning to the person behind., who may have the tray table down.
    You said:

So we're in the air...flight attendant gives the all-clear signal for laptops and seatbacks and everything.

And WHAM....Joe Pescii slams his seatback on me to it's absolute lowest position
    So if that is the case, did you have your tray table down when you shouldn't? If, when "given the all-clear" he immediately put his seat back it shouldn't affect you in the slightest. Or maybe you just have a gaping vagina?

And as far as "banning" me... seriously? Are you on fucking crack? Jesus I knew you operated outside of sanity but no one thought you were fucking psycho... well, until maybe now. Just to help your cause, whine to TGR420 and tell him I am being mean and see what he says. And since I am an "ex-administrator", how could I even do what you suggest?

Or are you just mad that the majority of people who voted sided with that one potion rather than your 5 bitchass options?
    Last edited by advres; 10-09-2011 at 11:48 PM.
    I think you have me confused with someone who is far less awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    You hit the guys seat in an effort to make him put it back up. If the fact it was back wasnt the problem, wtf were you doing that for?

it's all young and fun and skiing and then one day you login and it's relationship advice, gomer glacier tours and geezers.

-Hugh Conway

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    So if that is the case, did you have your tray table down when you shouldn't? If, when "given the all-clear" he immediately put his seat back it shouldn't affect you in the slightest. Or maybe you just have a gaping vagina?
    No. I put the tray down after the announcement was made. He slammed his seatback after my tray table was down. The guy was just lucky I DIDN'T have Bloody Mary, and that there wasn't an available headset cord, as Crampedon had suggested.

And as far as "banning" me... seriously? Are you on fucking crack? Jesus I knew you operated outside of sanity but no one thought you were fucking psycho... well, until maybe now. Just to help your cause, whine to TGR420 and tell him I am being mean and see what he says. And since I am an "ex-administrator", how could I even do what you suggest?
    Errrmmmmm, I said IF I was a 'whiney bitch'....but since I'm not you, I wouldn't do that. That is obviously something that YOU would do, though...isn't it?

How many similar arguments and little panty wars have you gotten in with ppl since you've been here? I've seen a bunch. It seems to be your normal manner of being.

--
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:

I put my seat back as far as it will go at the first opportunity. That's my space, and i'm going to take advantage of it. Sitting behind me you're more than welcome to recline your own seat and take advantage of 'your' space too, that way we each have about as much room as we started with, it's just very slightly more comfortable.

As for 'slamming it down' im not sure I buy it... the seat Might move a total of three or four inches on its track from fully upright to fully reclined. You're saying that enough speed and force can be generated within this 3-4 inches of movement that the chair 'slams' back so hard you find it offensive?

Quit being such a whiny bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    I put my seat back as far as it will go at the first opportunity. That's my space, and i'm going to take advantage of it. Sitting behind me you're more than welcome to recline your own seat and take advantage of 'your' space too, that way we each have about as much room as we started with, it's just very slightly more comfortable.

As for 'slamming it down' im not sure I buy it... the seat Might move a total of three or four inches on its track from fully upright to fully reclined. You're saying that enough speed and force can be generated within this 3-4 inches of movement that the chair 'slams' back so hard you find it offensive?

Quit being such a whiny bitch.
    No....see that's the thing. That's NOT your space. That is emphatically the space of the people in the seat BEHIND you...don't you get that? Why is that so hard to understand.

The incident happened on US Airways.....probably one of the cheapest, most thrifty airlines around....they don't HAVE any spare leg-room. They barely have leg-room at all, and they certainly don't have knee room. It would be a different ballgame if the particular plane had been room to spread out, but as it was, each passenger had about as much 'room' as a caged chicken in a factory egg house. Nearly none.

So given such lack of room that EVERYBODY had to deal with, common courtesy becomes even more important. I couldn't help but notice that probably 70 percent of the people did not even have their seats back....probably just for that reason.

I DO like Iceman's approach, though: He slowly but forcefully forces the seat back up with his knees, so that the person thinks his seat is broken. Nice and subtle approach...I like that. Maybe I'll use that the next time some inconsiderate, self-indulged oaf slams his seat back ahead of me.

And yes, it is possible to "slam" one's seat back...the bigger the inconsiderate oaf, the more forceful the slam...and in this case, it sure wasn't a mere 3-4 inches.

I made the mistake of going cheap and flying US Airways...."so ye get what ye pays for".

Myself....I usually don't put my seat back to MAXIMUM recline unless the seat behind me is empty, as I DO believe that the area BEHIND my seat is THEIR space, not mine. That shouldn't really be a leap of logic.

And yes....this IS a "first world problem". I've flown a lot in the second and third world, and am usually more worried about the engine falling off, or the fuselage shaking loose.

Posted by DJSapp:

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The seats are designed to go back so I've never understood why people think it's "polite" to not recline. Yeah, it would be nice to at least take a glance behind you and put the seat back slowly, but I don't see why you need to make an airplane flight any more uncomfortable than it already is by keeping your seatback poker straight.

+1

The seat is supposed to recline. You are the asshole for banging on his seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    +1

The seat is supposed to recline. You are the asshole for banging on his seat.
    I agree with what someone else said a while back...seats should ONLY be able to recline if there is enough fucking room between the seats in the first place. If the plane is so jam-packed with seats that NO ONE has any room, then none of the offending seats should recline. As reclining a seat back to the maximum in such a complete "lack of room" situation is both an invasion of the person behind you's (you's???) space and shows a complete lack of any courtesy at all.

It would be different if the airline in question would give enough room between the seats so that seats COULD be reclined to maximum without invading people's space...but on some crowded planes there is no such room.

BTW, anybody walking on a plane and exhibiting a continuing, nearly sociopathic lack of courtesy for others as this guy had, deserves no courtesy....he's forfeited any such communal respect by his initial acting like a complete inconsiderate jackass.

Posted by DJSapp:

It's a judgement call, but I'm gonna make it, AKRover is not only a giant bitch, but he also needs to change his tampon as it is bleeding all over the fucking place.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    most people who have unzipped flies do not realize that they are unzipped. Is that really poor etiquette?
    Only if their penis is hanging out.

doughboyshredder Guest
    No....see that's the thing. That's NOT your space. That is emphatically the space of the people in the seat BEHIND you...don't you get that? Why is that so hard to understand.

The incident happened on US Airways.....probably one of the cheapest, most thrifty airlines around....they don't HAVE any spare leg-room. They barely have leg-room at all, and they certainly don't have knee room. It would be a different ballgame if the particular plane had been room to spread out, but as it was, each passenger had about as much 'room' as a caged chicken in a factory egg house. Nearly none.

So given such lack of room that EVERYBODY had to deal with, common courtesy becomes even more important. I couldn't help but notice that probably 70 percent of the people did not even have their seats back....probably just for that reason.

I DO like Iceman's approach, though: He slowly but forcefully forces the seat back up with his knees, so that the person thinks his seat is broken. Nice and subtle approach...I like that. Maybe I'll use that the next time some inconsiderate, self-indulged oaf slams his seat back ahead of me.

And yes, it is possible to "slam" one's seat back...the bigger the inconsiderate oaf, the more forceful the slam...and in this case, it sure wasn't a mere 3-4 inches.

I made the mistake of going cheap and flying US Airways...."so ye get what ye pays for".

Myself....I usually don't put my seat back to MAXIMUM recline unless the seat behind me is empty, as I DO believe that the area BEHIND my seat is THEIR space, not mine. That shouldn't really be a leap of logic.

And yes....this IS a "first world problem". I've flown a lot in the second and third world, and am usually more worried about the engine falling off, or the fuselage shaking loose.
    So you and the guy in front of you have a different opinion as to who's space it is.
    He puts his seat back in such a way that you think is "rude".
    You react to this by continually smacking his seat with your hand.

How can you be oblivious to the fact that in this situation you are the asshole?

If you had done nothing then maybe you could maintain that he was the asshole, but really what is the point?

What have you accomplished by obsessing about how another person reclines their seat?

Your immediate reaction to him and subsequent obsession about his actions to the point of defending yourself on an internet forum are comical, and show you to be truly delusional.

No....see that's the thing. That's NOT your space. That is emphatically the space of the people in the seat BEHIND you...don't you get that?
    AR, yeah ...... it is your space. You are allowed whatever space the reclining seat will recline to regardless (<<<<<see what I did there) of whether someone is in the seat behind you or not. They can recline their seat just as you have done. The reclining seat lever is the tacit approval of the airline that you can indeed recline your seat as far back as it will go. You can choose to not recline it and good karma will surely come your way, or maybe not. But it's not impolite to recline your seat. I know what you mean by slamming the seat back, and that is a dick move because it can cause spillage or some other issue for the person seated behind. Bottom line you should always be prepared for asshole encounters when ever you fly or hang with the general public.

The total dick move would be putting your knees against the seat in front of you so a passenger cannot recline their seat, and that would end up in an altercation. That move is only slightly less of a dick move than the guy here who happily/laughingly admitted he once tripped a small child running in the aisle of a plane.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OSECS View Post

The total dick move would be putting your knees against the seat in front of you so a passenger cannot recline their seat, and that would end up in an altercation. That move is only slightly less of a dick move than the guy here who happily/laughingly admitted he once tripped a small child running in the aisle of a plane.
    Tippster for those of you that didn't get to enjoy that thread.
    Last edited by doughboyshredder; 10-10-2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: to put the correct name in. sorry icedouche

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    Iceman for those of you that didn't get to enjoy that thread.
    Didn't remember who it was, but it is a dick move.

The space your seat reclines in is not part of your seat's space?

Are you fucking reading your own shit?

On a side note the lady at the laundromat put all my shirts the wrong way on the hangers.

I'm still highly pissed about it.
    The best things in life aren't things.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    Iceman for those of you that didn't get to enjoy that thread.
    Pretty sure it was Tippster.

Pretty sure (100%) you're wrong. It was iceman.

Iceman did NOT trip a kid on an airplane in jeans.
    Last edited by WrongWay; 10-10-2011 at 10:18 AM.

Pretty sure (100%) you're wrong. It was iceman.
    100% huh?
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...31#post2674031

And yes, I was wearing jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    WTF does hold a fork like a shovel hurt? Nothing

Lean on the table while eating?

Scratching your ass? Really if I have an itch I should be uncomfortable and just hope it goes away just because someone in my vicinity may not like it despite the fact it is completely normal not in the least bit traumatizing to children and has no real impact on ANYONE? Its not jerking off in public its just scratching your ass. Its not any different than scratching your arm.

I hold open doors for people, say please thank you, cover my mouth when I sneeze, etc, but half the shit you listed has no real impact on anything other that overly uptight people with delicate sensibilities choose to consider it something improper. If me scratching my ass really bothers you then you need therapy.

It is stupid things that we as a society should grow up enough to realize do not matter at all. You do not have a right to go through life without encountering anything that might offend you. If it is something that shatters the innocence of children if they see it thats one thing but we're talking about how you hold your fork, and a bunch of other shit that was invented by the ruling aristocracy in times past when there was a ridiculous divide between rich and poor and those at the top had no better way to occupy their time than worrying about just how they held their forks, who had the frilliest dress, the most powdery wig, or later, the flashiest business cards. None of it matters.
    Okeydokey, Cletus - maybe you should should start with "don't bang your sister."