Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1668
    Hit Demanskis for the first time today, what a fucking experience that was..... my landing triggered a little storm slab that carried me happily in the spin cycle about 20 meters down the run out.

I know it's a crap shot but did anyone run into Miro and/or Palo from Slovakia this season by chance? They are spending their's over there right now.

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    They were all in line with me on Whistler.
    Really?! Blackcomb was empty. Like early December midweek empty. Mostly a tourist crowd too, so you pretty much had the pick of the litter all day long. By far the best day in my time here...
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    Really?! Blackcomb was empty. Like early December midweek empty. Mostly a tourist crowd too, so you pretty much had the pick of the litter all day long. By far the best day in my time here...
    Nasty wind (like being sandblasted by ice) coming into West Cirque, but pretty fantastic snow through Christmas trees. Jumped over to Blackcomb on Peak to Peak just as the lines started to grow on Whistler.

2 minute lines on Glacier. Got excellent laps through Spanky's and Ladies First had some nice knee deep sections.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    great day to venture over there for me...although we paid dearly in p-tex...f'ing blackcomb rocks!! first into sapphire did not suck, trenchin' blower!

Not much to add, great weekend up in Whistler for a friend's 30th. Saturday was a bit of a gongshow on Blackcomb, wanted to do fresh tracks but it was full at 6:15am so ended up skiing in a big group including the wife. Going to call it a victory as she had a breakthrough day in new boots that actually fit, skiing pow and trees (thanks Destination in North Van) and got lucky with Showcase opening, Blowhole into Sapphire chutes plus some late day CBC.

Sunday was better, went up solo on Whistler and wow, bright blue sky with cold temps and deep dry snow, so good. Symphony being closed + wind meant Flute chutes/North had plenty of fresh lines still at 1pm, wind effect at the very top but awesome snow the rest of the way. Patroller chick was towed up on a sled to check stability in lesser Flute while her partner shredded the meadows below on the sled, stoked to see em having fun... perks of the job .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo8.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	111131

Hoping for another cycle next week, going to take some mid-week days I think.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    great day to venture over there for me...although we paid dearly in p-tex...f'ing blackcomb rocks!! first into sapphire did not suck, trenchin' blower!
    That's right, Blackcomb rocks! Here's a few pics from the last couple of days.

Powder11 CBC trees

creepy Christian pillow poppin under the P2P

Powder11 finding a fresh stash on chainsaw

The landings are even soft enough for an old guy like me to catch some air off chainsaw!

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Great shots!

Sunday exploits....

Name:	Demanski's 4.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	611.4 KB 
ID:	111174

Quote Originally Posted by point it View Post
    Sunday exploits....

Name:	Demanski's 4.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	611.4 KB 
ID:	111174
    Holy ......that is awesome. Can you give us a high res image? [IMG]http:......[/IMG]

Where is that???
    Donjoy to the World!

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    wanted to do fresh tracks but it was full at 6:15am .
    What is "fresh tracks"? Is that the early up thing? Weekdays and Weekends, or only weekends? How do you do it?

Huck
    Donjoy to the World!

Nice air time you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Huckwheat View Post
    What is "fresh tracks"? Is that the early up thing? Weekdays and Weekends, or only weekends? How do you do it?

Huck
    http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/tod...acks/index.htm

If you're there at 7am like they say, you might not make it up on a pow day, last saturday it looked like they hit capacity in the line up shortly after 6:30am. If you're in line outside the corral, you'll be shoveling down breakfast to make the rope drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckwheat View Post
    Holy ......that is awesome. Can you give us a high res image? [IMG]http:......[/IMG]

Where is that???
    Its Demanski's..... it should blow up if you click it??

get some

im headed to Whistler on Thursday through the weekend. I'm from Tahoe. but my wife is from Vancouver, so not a total tourist. for the locals, I'm having a hard time decipher the weather reports and current conditions. please help which skies i should bring:

A.DPS RP112
    B Solomon Sentential
    C.Both

thanks! & BTW - sick pics.

Managed to find some pretty good scraps yesterday after the weekend shit-show. Maybe a bit boring if you don't know the lines though....

Quote Originally Posted by opimian View Post
    which skies i should bring:

A.DPS RP112
    B Solomon Sentential
    C.Both

thanks! & BTW - sick pics.
    Go for the DPS. I ski EHPs as my everyday ski. And we're due snow from now until Sunday at least. Oh and it's 'skis' not 'skies'.

some gen-u-wine nice stoke in this thread. whistler mags- heading out there the end of next week and i got a couple of logistical questions: a friend of mine is looking to rent a touring rig and,or powder skis when it dumps (which i for one am convinced it is going to do the entire time we are out there) /jinx. where would you recommend i tell him to call? preferably in the village. also, is PCL the best way to get up there from YVR? thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
    Managed to find some pretty good scraps yesterday after the weekend shit-show. Maybe a bit boring if you don't know the lines though....

Awesome.....definately NOT boring. Not knowing the lines (or style of skiing out there), alot of those lines had me sketched going in......hard to tell what you were getting yourself into. I will be watching that repeated.....gotta get my gameface on.
    Donjoy to the World!

Whistler mags: You might recall that my wife and I are moving to town come this fall.

When is the best time to buy your pass? I assume there are early bird promos in the spring and such.

some nice airs in their. and some strong legs to handle the traverse tracks underneath. nice work.

s31: last year i think the best deal was in september or earlier even. It was actually cheaper for locals to buy it then, rather than wait and get the employee spirit pass. Not sure whether that will happen again though

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    s31: last year i think the best deal was in september or earlier even. It was actually cheaper for locals to buy it then, rather than wait and get the employee spirit pass. Not sure whether that will happen again though
    Nice. We should be there by September, so'll i'll have to keep close watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Section ThirtyOne View Post
    Whistler mags: You might recall that my wife and I are moving to town come this fall.

When is the best time to buy your pass? I assume there are early bird promos in the spring and such.
    Spring is the time to get your pass, they dropped prices for passes in 2010 due to the Olympics, last couple years there has been a promo if you get your pass for next year this spring you can ski from April 1st to close of season this year on next years pass. Good deal for stepping up into your first pass.

Nice pics p11 and vid Phil, Demanski's looking big.

The cheapest season pass rates last year were listed in April and I believe had to be bought by the first or second week of May, price was $1199 with a $200 deposit, remainder payable on Sept 15.

Cool series of stories on the Tantalus range including first descents by Pehota, Peterson, Foon and others:

http://biglines.com/category/locatio...coast/tantalus

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Nice pics p11 and vid Phil, Demanski's looking big.

The cheapest season pass rates last year were listed in April and I believe had to be bought by the first or second week of May, price was $1199 with a $200 deposit, remainder payable on Sept 15.

Cool series of stories on the Tantalus range including first descents by Pehota, Peterson, Foon and others:

http://biglines.com/category/locatio...coast/tantalus
    Cool story, some badass stuff...