Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    it is a downer you midwestern sunshine pumper. It's muddy as hell and I have to wipe my dogs feet off all the time now. It's too early for that kind of thing.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    61 degrees today in the village....it's just unreal warm and the long term looks like more of the same. I think it's all over for this year, good riddance.
    best skiing of the year the last 4 days. no idea what you're talking about...
    Live To Ski!

Quote Originally Posted by AfroMullet View Post
    best skiing of the year the last 4 days. no idea what you're talking about...
    lift served POW days. Work all the damn time so no corn for me unless it's the weekend which looks like total shit this weekend. Post some pics up!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

it is a downer you midwestern sunshine pumper. It's muddy as hell and I have to wipe my dogs feet off all the time now. It's too early for that kind of thing.
    you need to invent a dog foot cleaning attachment for mattresses . the cash rolls in and you change your user name to montanaskiareaowner
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Those two bomber planes that flew over silverthorne and made a banked turn 1000 ft off the ground were fucking rad. Totally changed my mood seeing that.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Those two bomber planes that flew over silverthorne and made a banked turn 1000 ft off the ground were fucking rad. Totally changed my mood seeing that.
    Those guys flew right over my house in the cove...scared the shit out of me.
    “I mean god damn, who could believe that shit.” Greg Noll, Riding Giants

Awe man. I'm coming out there April 7 to 14. Hope things turn around. Lots of momentum going the wrong way though.

Post some pics up!
    done! just put up a new thread
    Live To Ski!

For it being such a crummy season, I've had such a great season. Not knowing what to do with the boilerplate in the morning, I decided to just sack up and teach some real park progressions. So much fun. Watching my kids get the grab and come off boxes switch was incredible. Add that to watching them bang down devils crotch with pole plants and say it wasn't that steep and I'm just fulfilled.

I'm gonna post some kid stoke at the end of the season. So cool.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa View Post
    For it being such a crummy season, I've had such a great season.
    +1

It seems like everyone has been so down on this season. Don't get me wrong, it hasn't been epic, but it's been very good still, in my experience. I have had multiple deep pow days that were every bit as good as the best days of last season. I've had fun maching groomers in the dry spells (perfect year to have gotten some SuperBros - thanks, Jethro). And I've learned a lot about terrain management in the backcountry. That's probably been my favorite part of this season - learning how to still get out and get great turns, even when the avy danger is up. I actually have more backcountry days this year than inbounds, despite the generally poor snowpack conditions. Ok, so I haven't skied the steep and gnarly lines ob, but I've skied a lot of soft/powder snow. One of these days I'll post up a sampling of pics from the season.
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

what are conditions like at vail/BC right now. I was going to try and pass through next week, is it worth it or are they starting to close down the mountain. Is it spring corn or grabby shitty warm slush?

thanks for anything, it'd be much appreciated

^^^ it's warm and corn in some areas and slush in others....most grabby will be at lower elevations. They shut down the Poma for Mongolia and Petes in BSB, the rest is open for now.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Thanks montanaskier. do you think they'll start closing other stuff down over the weekend, or do we have a little time?

The back bowls were pretty good spring crud last weekend. Should be the same this weekend. Not quite like corn, since it's pretty cut up and has some shape/depth to it. Really fun to ski though, and actually still pretty decent hucking conditions (too bad Dragon's teeth is all melted off!).

I think you'll be ok, they may shut down sun up/chair 17 at some point and perhaps even chair 5 but I'm sure they'll try to hang on as long as they can.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Skied Grizzly Peak 2 days ago. Sure was nice and powdery!
    Live To Ski!

nice Matt.....I'm planning on getting up high on Sunday and a NErly aspect so we'll see how that goes.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

nice Matt.....I'm planning on getting up high on Sunday and a NErly aspect so we'll see how that goes.
    be careful on the NE. i don't trust the N snowpack around here all too much yet. this line was ESE
    Live To Ski!

This year is the real test on the last day. Death before download!

Skied up in the Grizzly Gulch area last Saturday. Had a great day saw no one when in the gulch and skied a couple of fun lines. Thinking about going back Sunday but just hiking over from Loveland Pass instead of the Bakerville Th, or heading up into the Montezuma area and exploring. Anyone want to get up high?

Tuning fork looked really thin....

Skiing of Baker Mountain

NE Cooly off of Grizzly, Name?

Quote Originally Posted by AfroMullet View Post
    be careful on the NE. i don't trust the N snowpack around here all too much yet. this line was ESE
    Nice looking turns.

Unless I'm mistaking that line, that's not E/SE. That's the Grizzly off Loveland Pass and one of the shots dropping into Grizzly Gulch? Nothing coming into Grizzly Gulch off that peak is any quarter of S.

Do correct me if I'm wrong - I was curious about coverage in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandyoso View Post
    Skied up in the Grizzly Gulch area last Saturday. Had a great day saw no one when in the gulch and skied a couple of fun lines. Thinking about going back Sunday but just hiking over from Loveland Pass instead of the Bakerville Th, or heading up into the Montezuma area and exploring. Anyone want to get up high?

NE Cooly off of Grizzly, Name?
    I could be down for Sunday. Not sure what the weekend looks like yet.

Did you ski that couloir? I've always just heard it referred to as Grizzly Couloir. Looks like a huge cornice guarding the top.

And btw, these Grizzly pictures are all in Clear Creek County, not Summit/Eagle. So, wrong thread. j/k

As long as we're talking about that 'other' county. Here are a few shots from today's outing. Still a little chilly up high today, so skied later in the day, about 3pm. We had perfect spring conditions. It's going to be real warm Friday and Sunday. If I were to ski this same line in the next couple days I'd be off the hill by 1 or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by skiingislife View Post

all that brown...

we'll be lucky to still have any snow left come may..

Quote Originally Posted by spthomson;
    I could be down for Sunday. Not sure what the weekend looks like yet.

Did you ski that couloir? I've always just heard it referred to as Grizzly Couloir. Looks like a huge cornice guarding the top.

And btw, these Grizzly pictures are all in Clear Creek County, not Summit/Eagle. So, wrong thread. j/k
    Yeah Lots of Pole whacking would be involved before dropping.. You could get in about3quarters of the way on skiers right. But I wouldn't ski under a Volkswagon bus unless I had my First Drop kit on. Was posting in this thread because I am know living in Summit looking for ski partners. Sunday is looking best. Going to go poke around Loveland as well mid morning today if anyone is interested.